IGNORED

The Ashes

bs3

I've never seen an Australian side fall apart like that today. It was truly awful and gutless batting! Chasing at wide deliveries that they didn't need to, especially Clarke's.

We've got them by the short and curly's!

They won the toss and had first choice of a batters track. They amassed a huge total on a batsman paradise of a wicket and won the game on the back of it.

That's why they won.

It was more of a dig on something Aussie said after Edgbaston, after we'd outplayed them. Again

Slim. Ideally England will want to bat till Tea.

After two sessions England should have added another 200-250 runs to the already substantial lead.

Cook will try to bat the Aussies out of the game and want a lead of 400 before the declaration.

Then bowl em out before lunch tomorrow......

Provided there is no batting collapse;1. do England declare Friday on something like 360 to force the Aussies to score 301 to make England bat again or,2; do England keep batting all the way through the order so that those who've bought tickets for days 4 & 5 don't miss out?

No England bat on and on and on, there's 4 days left in the game I'd bat til the start of day four and put the Aussies in

Indeed and why not, there is plenty of time left and the Aussies have proved that they won't survive 8 sessions

with rain around sunday we don't want to take any chances. 400 lead get them back in this afternoon. They are shot.

Yeah Sunday/Monday forcast isn't great.. last thing we want to do is f*ck it up and end up with a draw as you'll know they'll then win at the Oval.

Bat till we're all out (cloud due later on this afternoon) and then we've got a good tomorrow to bowl em out.

I think some people are getting a bit ahead of themselves! A decent 1st innings score at Trent Bridge is probably 400, I'd like to think we'll get 450+ from where we are, but let's not pretend Australia don't have good bowlers and England don't have a propensity to collapse. I think Australia will be batting again before tea, with us having added another 180-200 runs. I also think we'll have them 4 or 5 down by the close

Mystic Chips

Archived