IGNORED

The Ashes

bs3

Absolutely rest Jimmy. I'd pick the same team. No pressure on Lyth, if he fails again then it's time to review it again.

Tom Abel should be on the lions tour this winter with a bit of luck

So - where is Aussie? Has he done one since his various guises got outed?

As someone said higher up the thread, other than calling England 'a green pebble, Broad a '****' and calling us all bad winners I really can't remember one decent comment about the series as a hole

What a****, as Broad may well say about the bloke.....

Has Aussie deactivated his account? Looks like he has....as this is his 4th attempt I look forward to hearing what his new user name is

Talk about being a sore loser. And a massive ****

He really did make a complete fool of himself.

Has Aussie deactivated his account? Looks like he has....as this is his 4th attempt I look forward to hearing what his new user name is

Talk about being a sore loser. And a massive ****

Surely Aussie is the biggest dick head in the history of otib? And my God we have had some belters.

If he did actually make up some guise I actually feel sorry for him. Clearly got some mental issues.

Surely Aussie is the biggest dick head in the history of otib? And my God we have had some belters.

If he did actually make up some guise I actually feel sorry for him. Clearly got some mental issues.

Mental issues may be a little harsh! He clearly has no love for the English, but that's fine - I feel the same about them

He did. But I was at least hoping he'd tell us what he thought about Moeen playing for England before he left

Likewise. I am partial to a good old fashioned lynching.

If we all just call Broad a cheating **** every other post during the next test, it will be like he never left.

I mean if he just made up the whole thing.

Ah - got ya. I really don't think anyone could play at being as Aussie as well as Aussie did. He had a chip on his shoulder and talked a lot of shite. Seemed genuine

Likewise. I am partial to a good old fashioned lynching.

If we all just call Broad a cheating **** every other post during the next test, it will be like he never left.

Brilliant. I can do the first half hour of the second test, who fancies 1130 - 1200?

I think that England should play Rashid and open with Ali at the Oval. They'll need two spinners in the UAE so why not give Rashid a go and Ali a shot at opening in a dead rubber? Ali opens for Worcs anyway doesn't he? Hardly weakens the batting much with Broad and Wood in the side and Rashid is a good batsman himself. I'd definitely rest Anderson.

I'd drop Ali and bring in Rashid to have a look at him. Tell Ali the reasons and that he will be in the team in the winter. Need to give Rashid a go.

I agree. We don't need to learn anything about Ali and it *should* spin at the Oval so give Rashid a go. Might as well give Lyth one last chance given the circumstances and the fact that there's no one else really banging on the door just yet

I don't see point in playing two spinners at the oval as neither of them would end up bowling enough. Buttler hasn't done well but we have to stick with him.

Rest Ali then, don't drop him!!

Alternatively, England could give one of the batsmen a rest and play Rashid. Nobody says Ali has to bowl, he's more than good enough to play as a batsman.

Surely England could play whoever they want and still win at this point? :laughcont:

This, no need for Ali to bowl, unless needed

As Michael says, I think we're good here....!!

Archived