IGNORED

The Ashes

bs3

I think that was class yesterday from England to welcome Clarke and was certainly deserved. Interesting that he clearly hasn't been in much form for a long time now but still averages just under 50 in test matches.

I think that was class yesterday from England to welcome Clarke and was certainly deserved. Interesting that he clearly hasn't been in much form for a long time now but still averages just under 50 in test matches.

Yeah, was a nice touch. Rogers got nothing though! Albeit a shorter test career, but his last test too, maybe they'll do something in the 2nd innings for him

We are going to look like a right bunch of divs parading the urn after losing by an innings tomorrow. This is miserable batting on a road of a pitch. Some of them need to have a word with themselves, because the shot selection and lack of application has been pathetic.

. Chances of two days rain so might scrape a draw

This has been one of the weirdest test series I've know and I hope us winning the urn doesn't disguises the fact that are batting has been pretty average to say the least. If Root fails then basically that's it thankfully the bowlers have performed

If we are slating Lyth we should do the same with Buttler. Has done nothing with the bat this series.

Adam Lyth is an opening batsman and has 105 runs in the whole series.

Jos Buttler has been nothing short of sublime barring 1/2 mistakes in his actual job of wicket keeping and has 20-30 less runs.

Adam Lyth is an opening batsman and has 105 runs in the whole series.

Jos Buttler has been nothing short of sublime barring 1/2 mistakes in his actual job of wicket keeping and has 20-30 less runs.

Buttler has to make runs he is dreadfully out of form and has a real issue with spin which is a worry with what's ahead.

Boycott not impressed!

Jos Buttler is like a rabbit caught in the headlights of Ashes cricket. A seven-year-old schoolboy would have played better. He hasn't made a run all series.

"He hasn't shown any application whatsoever. It looks to me like his mind and confidence is shot for Test cricket - it's pathetic."

Geoffrey saying that Lyth may keep his place as there is nobody else. Hales not had a great season and nobody knocking down the door.

It is worth remembering that 'failures' such as Ballance go back to county cricket and make runs easily

Move Moeen to opener. Problem solved. Doing that would enable another spinner, Rashid or someone else to come in.

Haha problem solved? What makes you think Moeen would be a successful opening test batsman?

Moeen is a top batsman, wasted at 8. He's very capable of opening. The Sky commetators, two former England captains Hussein and Atherton in particular have been purring about his natural ability and technique.

Archived