Cotterill To Leicester [Merged]

Yatecity

Some initial fans reactions:

'That'd be worse than when WBA put Irvine in charge. Disaster.' 

'Cotterill? Jesus Christ '

'only on foxestalk can it go from Hiddink to Cotterill in about 4 posts'

'**** off. Surprised the Thais have even heard of him. Bullshit. '

'if we get cotterill then brb suicide'

'If Steve fvcking Coterill is announced as manager then I'm drowning myself in industrial-grade vodka. '

'if steve cotterill is announced as manager then i will eat nothing but beans on toast for the rest of my life and not nice beans like heinz i'm talking poverty beans'

I'd lump my entire life savings on him not going tbh BUT for a laugh if he was to go (he won't) who'd you have? Mark Warburton for me.

EDIT to say if he's offered it he'd go but I don't think they'd consider him.

Rangers manager now isn't he?

'If Steve fvcking Coterill is announced as manager then I'm drowning myself in industrial-grade vodka. '

'if steve cotterill is announced as manager then i will eat nothing but beans on toast for the rest of my life and not nice beans like heinz i'm talking poverty beans'

Pretty much the same reaction we got here

I think they have more chance of Cotterill than that Jesus Christ fella .

Loving the responses from Leicester fans. One season in the Prem and they think they're an elite club. And why would you rather have some journeyman 'name' over someone who's fresh off the back of a magnificent title-winning season? It'sjust another example of how people fall hook, line and sinker for hype

The odds and stories are meaningless. Sam Allardyce is 6/1, yet in some newspapers it's stated that he's not interested in the job. Both options can't be correct, so take your pick. After SoD went to Liverpool, I believe anything can happen, so I've just nipped down to the bookies to put a fiver on dopey Darrell Clarke at 100/1

We'll have to get used to this for every bottom half premiership/top half championship management vacancy from now on, until such time as A) our form drops B)SC reveals that he's a Cross-Dressing closset Bristol Rovers fan .

Can't see this happening.  Sure, Cott's stock must have risen, but a move to the Premiership?

If we do really well this year, then I wouldn't be surprised if something like this happened in 2016, but I'd be absolutely flabbergasted now.

No chance!

If anyone cares to work it out in a reasoned and logical way then the most likely answer is that he will be very very flattered but wouldn't leave BCFC any time soon:

He has and continues to build a very competitive squad.

He has the support of the fans, the Board, the owner and the players.

He is West country and well settled here with his wife.

BS3 is a very exciting new stadium in the making.

The whole BCFC thing is on the rise.

He has a close relationship with Burt and a good working relationship with SL

He has a reasonable budget and the backing of one of the richest English businessman in Europe.

At BCFC, there is stability, his exacting input which he so cherishes and a general feeling that he could achieve the finest achievements of his career.

He has learnt the joys of fickle foreigners at Forest.

The prospect of a relegation fight at Leicester only to be looking for a new job before long  isn't ever as attractive as staying where he is.

However, this is OTIB where hysteria, conspiracy and illogical views win the day!

Looking forward to the new season with Cotts at the helm and Luke Freeman producing more magic moments.

COYR 

Can't see it at all.

Why throw yourself into the unknown for a brief - and probably bitter - taste of the premier league (for that's no doubt what it would amount to), when he has the opportunity to earn himself a place there in familiar, happy surroundings with a squad he has built himself?

If he believes in himself he will stay.

If anyone cares to work it out in a reasoned and logical way then the most likely answer is that he will be very very flattered but wouldn't leave BCFC any time soon:

He has a reasonable budget and the backing of one of the richest English businessman in Europe.

At BCFC, there is stability, his exacting input which he so cherishes and a general feeling that he could achieve the finest achievements of his career.

The prospect of a relegation fight at Leicester only to be looking for a new job before long  isn't ever as attractive as staying where he is.

However, this is OTIB where hysteria, conspiracy and illogical views win the day!

Looking forward to the new season with Cotts at the helm and Luke Freeman producing more magic moments.

COYR 

Even though everything you say about our club and its attractiveness is absolutely right, Leicester are a massive club with good history and brilliant established support. Their owners have already been down the big name route (Sven) realised the errors and brought back Pearson who had already been sacked by Leicester, and the chequebook there has been opened.

Whilst I think BCFC mgr is a very good job right now, I think so is Leicester and I wouldn't expect anyone to turn them down in favour of staying with us or joining us.

Hopefully all a hypothetical discussion anyway

The proverbial 'they make it up as they go along' remark springs immediately to mind. Its betting, its why people bet. Settle down folks.

Are you talking about posters on OTIB or bookies Havana?

COYR 

MRR, why do you do this to yourself and the rest of us....You know now it is almost bound to be true and SC will be in Leicester by Monday!

Bugger!

Just because Steve cotterill has done very well for us in league 1,everyone is now connecting him with the job at Leicester, because of the betting odds. I see nothing in this what so ever, and i fully expect Steve to be in charge down Ashton gate for the start of the new season.

Archived