IGNORED

Cotterill To Leicester [Merged]

Yatecity

Only with Sky, otherwise it's almost all over 20s

Price coming back in again now, clear 3rd favourite again ... mate of mine owns a bookies in Hastings and has had two people walking in within 10 minutes of each other this morning asking for a price. 

Yeh but compared to us they are a massive side:

Runners up in top div - once

Champions of 2nd tier - seven times

Runners up in 2nd tier - twice

Play off winners in 2nd tier - twice

Champions of 3rd tier - once

FA Cup - runners up - four times

Football League Cup Winners - three times

Football League Cup Runners Up - twice

Charity Shield winners - once

Not too shabby a history? And definitely 'massive' compared to ours...I've just seen us win our first meaningful trophy in 60 years!

So; in the grand scheme of things, they've won the league cup and we haven't ... When it comes to 'big club' debates the only 5 trophies that matter are the 1st division, 2 domestic cups and 2 European cups... And they've never won the JPT

They aren't that much 'bigger' than us, smaller clubs have risen above us and made a name for themselves... There's no reason City (or anyone from league 1/champ can't surpass Leicester's achievements in a short space of time

They aren't that much 'bigger' than us, smaller clubs have risen above us and made a name for themselves... There's no reason City (or anyone from league 1/champ can't surpass Leicester's achievements in a short space of time

Are you serious?  Leicester have spent about 30 years in the top division since 1946, and have reached the FA Cup Final four time in that period.  How are we going to surpass that in a short space of time.

Price coming back in again now, clear 3rd favourite again ... mate of mine owns a bookies in Hastings and has had two people walking in within 10 minutes of each other this morning asking for a price.

Back to 5/1.. Must be a flurry of money on him again.

Are you serious? Leicester have spent about 30 years in the top division since 1946, and have reached the FA Cup Final four time in that period. How are we going to surpass that in a short space of time.

Yes, back to the trophies, Arsenal consistently finish in the champions league spots - Man City came from the 3rd tier, helped by massive investment leapfrogged Arsenal and I would say have become as big, if not bigger

Are Wigan a bigger club than us? It pains me to say that they are, despite being relegated to the third tier last season, they've spent nigh on 10 years in the premiership, won the fa cup and played in Europe

I'm suggesting you wouldn't have to achieve that much to be held in the same regard as Leicester... It's an age old debate around size of club and how much history influences it but I think we would definitely lose players to Leicester but it would be a closer call to retain management and staff (hypothetically)

If, as most likely, he's not in the frame and Leicester haven't made contact - there's no point in doing that. Also sets a ridiculous precedent where he has to deny any interest in any possible vacancy and even more where the club has to deny interest in transfer targets or sales.

No need. If he goes, he goes!

good reply but IF and MOST LIKELY would not be needed if we knew. and why is it ridiculous precedent when it's in the football news. he doesn't have to deny anything just say he is not going.. and you are right if he goes he goes.

There is no sense whatsoever in Cotterill going to Leicester. If he does, it would be seriously bad judgement on his part

.. well, there's managing in the Premiership and a shed load of cash. Would have thought Leicester had better options but if Cotterill got an offer he'd be mad not to try - opportunities like this don't come along that often.

We had better get used to this.  If he continues to be successful with us, his name will be trotted out for every decent and half decent vacancy.

While he is managing a club on the up with a board and a managerial team he clearly gets on with I can't really see him going anywhere.

We had better get used to this.  If he continues to be successful with us, his name will be trotted out for every decent and half decent vacancy.

While he is managing a club on the up with a board and a managerial team he clearly gets on with I can't really see him going anywhere.

there is no loyalty in football if the money is right he will be gone.

I think any manager that choses staying loyal to a club rather that go for a bigger club with a better salary are slightly misguided after all it will only take a month or so of bad results for fans that once idolised him to be calling for his head. If SC went I would be disappointed but its not the end of the world his record at this level isn't that great and we would get some compensation. We could then get an out of work manager with experience of getting teams out of the Championship, Big Sam, Harry or Pearson for instance. You may recoil in horror at those names but then people did the same with our current incumbent

I think any manager that choses staying loyal to a club rather that go for a bigger club with a better salary are slightly misguided after all it will only take a month or so of bad results for fans that once idolised him to be calling for his head. If SC went I would be disappointed but its not the end of the world his record at this level isn't that great and we would get some compensation. We could then get an out of work manager with experience of getting teams out of the Championship, Big Sam, Harry or Pearson for instance. You may recoil in horror at those names but then people did the same with our current incumbent

I do recoil in horror at those names, and no, I didn't recoil when Cotts was announced.

I wouldn't swap Cotterill for any of those, in fact I'm struggling to think of one manager I'd rather have at the helm at this moment.

The cap fits for him here at City and he's wearing it with distinguished aplomb.

Let's not understate this potential threat to BCFC for one moment, it would be an absolute disaster for City if Cotterill is tempted elsewhere now.

.. well, there's managing in the Premiership and a shed load of cash. Would have thought Leicester had better options but if Cotterill got an offer he'd be mad not to try - opportunities like this don't come along that often.

He'd be on a hiding to nothing at Leicester though. They'll never finish top six, so the best he can hope for is mid-table tedium, the worst (and most likely) is relegation, the sack etc. Here at City, he's built a close-knit squad, we have a new stadium in the making....and that's not even mentioning the fact that Leicester is a dump.

Archived