IGNORED

Cotterill To Leicester [Merged]

Yatecity

I have no source but I think this is complete bullshit. I think if one thing has become apparent in the past 18 months it's that Cotts has a fantastic relationship with the board, the fans and the players around him. He seems to me to be a proud man and I can see him being at the helm here for a good few years, why would he leave here for an unstable and frankly ******* mental board?

user_off.png   Ric Flair

Nee ticket, Nee bother

• photo-thumb-221.jpg?_r=1402158514
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 19,941 posts

Posted Today, 12:04 PM

Hahahahaa as if Cotterill will get it. Don't be daft, this sort of thing often happens. If he does somehow get it then I won't be going next season, the man is hideously defensive. 
  •  

This is the best one. 96 league goals anyone?

As with any player or manager for them to go to the Premiership is the holy grail and although I would be disappointed to see anyone leave I can see the reasons (money & fame) but wish that they would have some loyalty and stay with the club that had faith in them. 

Even though everything you say about our club and its attractiveness is absolutely right, Leicester are a massive club with good history and brilliant established support. Their owners have already been down the big name route (Sven) realised the errors and brought back Pearson who had already been sacked by Leicester, and the chequebook there has been opened.

Whilst I think BCFC mgr is a very good job right now, I think so is Leicester and I wouldn't expect anyone to turn them down in favour of staying with us or joining us.

Hopefully all a hypothetical discussion anyway

Here here. Let's hope it comes to nothing but if he was offered it he'd be gone and I couldn't blame him.

user_off.png   Ric Flair

Nee ticket, Nee bother

• photo-thumb-221.jpg?_r=1402158514
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 19,941 posts

Posted Today, 12:04 PM

Hahahahaa as if Cotterill will get it. Don't be daft, this sort of thing often happens. If he does somehow get it then I won't be going next season, the man is hideously defensive. 
  •  

This is the best one. 96 league goals anyone?

Ah, but how many might it have been if Cotterill hadn't been SO defensive?

it has been fun reading their forum as they are obviously convinced they are now a massive side. Some are saying if they do not get this one right, they are doomed to years of premier mid league obscurity.

I would regard it as more likely than not we will be playing for points some stage over the next three years.

I think its bull but if its is not then i think SC would regret leaving. I think some managers and clubs fit together well and I think that what  we have here at the moment. 99% of us didnt want SC and were posting the same stuff the the Leicester fans are posting and saying now. The reason for that is simple......before us he was a shit manager and I really think that when he moves on he will revert back to type. 

However right now and BCFC everything he touches turns to gold and long may that continue.

I think its bull but if its is not then i think SC would regret leaving. I think some managers and clubs fit together well and I think that what  we have here at the moment. 99% of us didnt want SC and were posting the same stuff the the Leicester fans are posting and saying now. The reason for that is simple......before us he was a shit manager and I really think that when he moves on he will revert back to type. 

However right now and BCFC everything he touches turns to gold and long may that continue.

So being totally pedantic....shit club and shit manager......worked out fine for me, dont let the blue few get hold of this  ;)

As harsh as it is, Steve Cotterill's accent will keep him at Ashton Gate.  Clubs outside of the south west won't be able to see past it.

If an ex-pro like Thiery Henry had done an identical job for us last season - same goals, same results, same points - he would have been gone already.

Our ambition and potential should be enough....at least for now.

it has been fun reading their forum as they are obviously convinced they are now a massive side. Some are saying if they do not get this one right, they are doomed to years of premier mid league obscurity.

I would regard it as more likely than not we will be playing for points some stage over the next three years.

Yeh but compared to us they are a massive side:

Runners up in top div - once

Champions of 2nd tier - seven times

Runners up in 2nd tier - twice

Play off winners in 2nd tier - twice

Champions of 3rd tier - once

FA Cup - runners up - four times

Football League Cup Winners - three times

Football League Cup Runners Up - twice

Charity Shield winners - once

Not too shabby a history? And definitely 'massive' compared to ours...I've just seen us win our first meaningful trophy in 60 years!

I think its bull but if its is not then i think SC would regret leaving. I think some managers and clubs fit together well and I think that what we have here at the moment. 99% of us didnt want SC and were posting the same stuff the the Leicester fans are posting and saying now. The reason for that is simple......before us he was a shit manager and I really think that when he moves on he will revert back to type.

I don't think he was ever a shit manager

As harsh as it is, Steve Cotterill's accent will keep him at Ashton Gate.  Clubs outside of the south west won't be able to see past it.

If an ex-pro like Thiery Henry had done an identical job for us last season - same goals, same results, same points - he would have been gone already.

Our ambition and potential should be enough....at least for now.

Errr..... Hollowhead went to Leicester, Blackpool, Palace and Milwall. Not sure if a west country accent is top of any decision tree.

Yeh but compared to us they are a massive side:

Runners up in top div - once

Champions of 2nd tier - seven times

Runners up in 2nd tier - twice

Play off winners in 2nd tier - twice

Champions of 3rd tier - once

FA Cup - runners up - four times

Football League Cup Winners - three times

Football League Cup Runners Up - twice

Charity Shield winners - once

Not too shabby a history? And definitely 'massive' compared to ours...I've just seen us win our first meaningful trophy in 60 years!

Fair comment, and not knocking them by any manner of means.

Just think they need to face up to the fact that in the modern game, for them top league 'mid table obscurity' for a number of years is actually success, not failure.

Fair comment, and not knocking them by any manner of means.

Just think they need to face up to the fact that in the modern game, for them top league 'mid table obscurity' for a number of years is actually success, not failure.

Yep, fair play, modern fans' expectations are ridiculous, like West Ham fans booing Sam Allardyce when they did very well in the PL last season.

Did they really think they'd win the league?!

Yep, fair play, modern fans' expectations are ridiculous, like West Ham fans booing Sam Allardyce when they did very well in the PL last season.

Did they really think they'd win the league?!

You haven't met a Leicester fan then? Most deluded bunch.

Archived