IGNORED

Jesse Lingard

Cider-in-a-can

19 minutes ago, Spoons said:

people like andros Townsend and Jason puncheon must be little peeved if Jesse lingeard gets the nod in front of them. As a massive England fan big club bias gets on my wick!! Pick players on form not who they play for!

Jason Puncheon deserves a call deffo 

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

people like andros Townsend and Jason puncheon must be little peeved if Jesse lingeard gets the nod in front of them. As a massive England fan big club bias gets on my wick!! Pick players on form not who they play for!

You counter your argument by suggesting Townsend who isn't even in the Spurs squad at the moment, let alone the starting eleven.

To be fair Lingard is on good form, choosing someone like Young would of been the call up based on club.

15 minutes ago, Selred said:

You counter your argument by suggesting Townsend who isn't even in the Spurs squad at the moment, let alone the starting eleven.

To be fair Lingard is on good form, choosing someone like Young would of been the call up based on club.

young really?? I say Townsend because he has been in previous 3 squads and looked like he made a quality impact. Agreed Townsend has been bench warming recently but lingard is a ridiculous pick. Its to easy to get a England cap these days.

21 minutes ago, Spoons said:

young really?? I say Townsend because he has been in previous 3 squads and looked like he made a quality impact. Agreed Townsend has been bench warming recently but lingard is a ridiculous pick. Its to easy to get a England cap these days.

Young has been very poor this year, hence why if chosen it would of been based on him being at United.

Townsend isn't even on Spur's bench at the moment, yes he's looked good for England, but I don't think he's been in the squad since March.

You cannot complain about players in form not being chosen, then complain when Lingard's chosen, who is in form.

27 minutes ago, Selred said:

Young has been very poor this year, hence why if chosen it would of been based on him being at United.

Townsend isn't even on Spur's bench at the moment, yes he's looked good for England, but I don't think he's been in the squad since March.

You cannot complain about players in form not being chosen, then complain when Lingard's chosen, who is in form.

agree with some of that but linegard is not In form! Hes just played a couple of games and being used at Utd to give Memphis depay the kick up the bum he needs. Jason puncheon would be my choice.

12 hours ago, Spoons said:

agree with some of that but linegard is not In form! Hes just played a couple of games and being used at Utd to give Memphis depay the kick up the bum he needs. Jason puncheon would be my choice.

He has played well in his last couple of games, even though I do agree it's ridiculous for him to have gotten a call up already. 

Shawcross and Scott Dann are very good defenders in the premier league and have proved so for the past few years, but Dann won't get a chance and after the Sweden game, Shawcross won't get another from Roy either it seems. 

Still, when we inevitably go out in the early stages in France, it will come with a huge positive that Hodgson will be gone afterwards. (2 years too late) 

1 hour ago, Gilts said:

He has played well in his last couple of games, even though I do agree it's ridiculous for him to have gotten a call up already. 

Shawcross and Scott Dann are very good defenders in the premier league and have proved so for the past few years, but Dann won't get a chance and after the Sweden game, Shawcross won't get another from Roy either it seems. 

Still, when we inevitably go out in the early stages in France, it will come with a huge positive that Hodgson will be gone afterwards. (2 years too late) 

agree with all of above but playing well in two games should never mean a call up to the national team! Nothing personal against lingered I hope he goes on to be top player for club and country, I suppose my beef is with Hodgson and his strange selection policy.

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I hope we're back in for him this summer. Could do with a goal scoring midfielder. 

Let`s face it mate, if he is going to sign for a Bristol club it`s going to be the newly minted one north of the river. We just got to accept we`re in their shadow now.

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Let`s face it mate, if he is going to sign for a Bristol club it`s going to be the newly minted one north of the river. We just got to accept we`re in their shadow now.

Could you have Lingard and Ozil in the same team though..?

I'm not sure either would be happy to sit on the bench, even if it was for Rovers. Sometimes players need to do what's best for their career and not just follow your dreams. 

7 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I hope we're back in for him this summer. Could do with a goal scoring midfielder. 

Did you see his west ham selfie? Stay where he is.  Indiscipline was rife. 

Archived