IGNORED

Sc Now Has The Moody On!

Tomo

So I'm short sighted now - excellent ( the pies are failing a bit but I utilise reading glasses)

And I am for real

And I suggest that as your personal agenda and posts are the blatant ones perhaps YOU would like to come up with some evidence to back up YOUR claims and personal agenda and posts

Yep you are!

Lets all be in KITR's little clique...... Hes always right....

100% He has an agenda against SC its there for all too see! I will go through the archives later for the evidence you require.

If he hasn't got one..... why does he never deny having one?

I will do you a deal..... you find me 3 POSITIVE things that KITR has said about SC and I will find you 10 Negative things.......

I dunno Spudski. Why is it?

More importantly, why are so many people in this boards unable to tell the difference between an agenda and an opinion?  Someone disagreeing with you and seeing things differently to you does not mean they have an agenda.

At the moment the Summer recruitment has not gone well, there's repeated rumours that the manager is unhappy (which is reflected in his demeanour in interviews) and we've lost the first game.  Some people are worried.  That might be premature but nonetheless it's an opinion.  I'm sick and tired of the slew of personal attacks on posters this Summer just because they're saying things that other posters don't happen to agree with.  It feels like parts of the board are living in McCarthy-era America where anyone who says anything vaguely negative against the club MUST be regarded with suspicion...

Yep you are!

100% He has an agenda against SC its there for all too see! I will go through the archives later for the evidence you require.

I will do you a deal..... you find me 3 POSITIVE things that KITR has said about SC and I will find you 10 Negative things.......

What's the point? I don't always agree with what he says but point scoring against other posters is sad and brings the level of forum debate down. 

Yep you are!

I'm not sure how old you are but, if it's any older than 12, I strongly recommend re-reading that post and then taking a long sobering look at yourself in the mirror.

What do you define as an agenda anyway?  Even if KITR doesn't rate SC, or doesn't rate him as highly as you do, that's an opinion he's entitled to have.  FWIW, I think SC is the best manager we've had in my twenty five years of supporting the club but nonetheless I think it's reasonable to feel that he's recently been using media interviews to deliberately hint he's unhappy with the board and it's not very productive.

More importantly, why are so many people in this boards unable to tell the difference between an agenda and an opinion?  Someone disagreeing with you and seeing things differently to you does not mean they have an agenda.

At the moment the Summer recruitment has not gone well, there's repeated rumours that the manager is unhappy (which is reflected in his demeanour in interviews) and we've lost the first game.  Some people are worried.  That might be premature but nonetheless it's an opinion.  I'm sick and tired of the slew of personal attacks on posters this Summer just because they're saying things that other posters don't happen to agree with.  It feels like parts of the board are living in McCarthy-era America where anyone who says anything vaguely negative against the club MUST be regarded with suspicion...

Yep you are!

I think these two quotes make a happy marriage...anyone agree?

Well said. Some people disagree with my views, some agree. If you disagree then do so constructively not just slag me off and point-score.

I have had Tetbury on ignore for well over a year on the basis that he is completely incapable of debating, instead choosing to attack me and constantly bang on about agendas. One could be forgiven for thinking that Tetbury has a rather obvious pro-SC agenda and jumps on anyone who dare utter a word against him.

Lots of justified concern about SC's demeanor at the moment and the club's recruitment policy this summer, I'm just interested in discussing that and not point-scoring against individuals.

Excellent Post - mirrors my thoughts

Sensibly put

Yep you are!

Just to let you know Tetbury

I'm in no ones 'clique'

I say it how I see it and said it numerous times - I like or dislike , comment where appropriate, posts on an individual basis - that's what a forums about I'd suggest

I'm sure KITR is more than capable of looking after himself but you and a couple of notable others are trying to be little keyboard bullies and is getting both tiresome and pathetic

As others have suggested - you come across like a 12 year old with your childish insults and your obsessions

The media and reality are two separate things.

Don't look into it too much.

How he portrays himself won't reflect on the team.

For all we know, he puts his front on, then walks off laughing (once the camera if off).

Pretty much all of them are media trained, definitely including SC.

Well said. Some people disagree with my views, some agree. If you disagree then do so constructively not just slag me off and point-score.

I have had Tetbury on ignore for well over a year on the basis that he is completely incapable of debating, instead choosing to attack me and constantly bang on about agendas. One could be forgiven for thinking that Tetbury has a rather obvious pro-SC agenda and jumps on anyone who dare utter a word against him.

Lots of justified concern about SC's demeanor at the moment and the club's recruitment policy this summer, I'm just interested in discussing that and not point-scoring against individuals.

Unfortunately there seems to be a vocal minority that are incapable of debate.

They lose it, when they don't like what they are hearing.

Then they accuse people of agendas and start to make things up.

Before you know it....they read everything you post as negative, and how THEY want to read it....to fit their way of thinking.

All it does is stop people from posting, especially those who have something worth saying.

This forum really has become dumbed down because of it.

I know of a few people who would like to post, but don't because of the idiotic replies.

Anyway....this will stir a few replies....

Imho....if we don't sign anymore players between now and the end of August, and Bryan doesn't recover this month, I predict we will be second from bottom with 1 point. That's how bad I think things are right at this minute.

Of course I don't want that to happen and I want the team flying high and proving me wrong....but from what ive seen so far this pre season with team and club and manager, that's how I see it. Tough games through August....can only see us getting a point against Leeds.

I dunno....that's why I asked the question....apparently I have one against SL... :blink:

Well - I do have my opinions on this and and it's a lot less do with anything football related and a lot more to do with total anonymity and the use of an internet forum combined with an individual's ability to post stuff that they would be unlikely to say face to face or in a meeting. Like a pressure vent for frustration at other stuff in life. Why do people rant and abuse refs? Sometimes because they(refs) get it wrong and sometimes just because they can.

It feels like parts of the board are living in McCarthy-era America where anyone who says anything vaguely negative against the club MUST be regarded with suspicion...

And it works both ways- some who see just the positive get accused of being blinkered, head in the sand and happy clappy.

More importantly, why are so many people in this boards unable to tell the difference between an agenda and an opinion? Someone disagreeing with you and seeing things differently to you does not mean they have an agenda.

At the moment the Summer recruitment has not gone well, there's repeated rumours that the manager is unhappy (which is reflected in his demeanour in interviews) and we've lost the first game. Some people are worried. That might be premature but nonetheless it's an opinion. I'm sick and tired of the slew of personal attacks on posters this Summer just because they're saying things that other posters don't happen to agree with. It feels like parts of the board are living in McCarthy-era America where anyone who says anything vaguely negative against the club MUST be regarded with suspicion...

Agree with all of this. It's beginning to feel like the late SOD era with people on here at each other's throats.

The media and reality are two separate things.

Don't look into it too much.

How he portrays himself won't reflect on the team.

For all we know, he puts his front on, then walks off laughing (once the camera if off).

Pretty much all of them are media trained, definitely including SC.

So what is the point of putting a 'front on'...if he's not trying to make a statement?

Lots of justified concern about SC's demeanor at the moment and the club's recruitment policy this summer, 

Yep, it certainly is a worry that the current apparent impasse between manager and board could lead to a parting of the ways with the best and most suitable manager this club has employed for a considerable time.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the transfer policy if the end result was losing such a successful and popular manager it would be a disaster.

That's the crux of the matter for most of us when viewing his interviews, I'd imagine.

If he'd done an interview and give the impression that everything was perfect someone would have started a thread saying he "had his head in the sand" or similar

Don't think anyone would expect him to say everything is perfect Chipdawg

But he could have stuck to the game that he was there to talk about , not advertising to the world were p'd off with the transfer situation and somewhat desperate, and looking as if he wanted to throw it all in

I'm struggling to recall a worse / more depressing post match interview from any manager of any club in all my years of watching football tbh ( ironically SoD could have a go !)

Just my considered opinion ;)

Yep, it certainly is a worry that the current apparent impasse between manager and board could lead to a parting of the ways with the best and most suitable manager this club has employed for a considerable time.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the transfer policy if the end result was losing such a successful and popular manager it would be a disaster.

That's the crux of the matter for most of us when viewing his interviews, I'd imagine.

It's starting to feel like when John Ward took us up, and then spat his dummy out when things weren't going his way.

In all of this I have to be honest I don't really care if SC is the most glass-half-full, miserable, dire grump of the lot; so long as he is achieving results.

There's plenty of ways to skin a cat and if he thinks his demeanour now can motivate the team to their best performances crack on - he's shown he can motivate, he has picked players up from the floor before and shown he can turn around a bad run to the poster that referenced this earlier, and he knows how the squad will react (if at all) better than all of us in these matters.

I am still of a sceptical, cynical opinion that some of these obvious frustrations may to some extent be 'staged'.

- SL doesn't really do interviews since stepping back. It took the title to coax him in to the public light. He now gives interviews based upon the transfer market;

- SC looking angry, answering short, blaming agents, players and demands.

- Leaking of what seems genuine enquiries at a high value - Maguire, Lingard even though our record of generally keeping transfers under wraps until concluded is exceptional.

To be honest I wonder if what is going out to the press is not necessarily for our benefit, but actually the club very publicly putting pressure right back on agents and on our targets - we will not buckle so if a deal is to be done you must sing to our tune.

Don't get me wrong I am not so rose tinted to think there haven't been mistakes, that it isn't a genuinely frustrating time for all involved and that there aren't probably strong emotions involved, but like I said I wonder if rather than genuine 'moody' we are really seeing the PR machine in full effect.

If he'd done an interview and give the impression that everything was perfect someone would have started a thread saying he "had his head in the sand" or similar

A bit of honestly without the stroppy teenager attitude would be a start. One of the best (it pains me to say) is Pulis. Just last night he admitted that playing two up top against Man City was HIS mistake and that he wouldn't be doing it for the rest of the season against the top clubs as you need to fill the midfield. By admitting mistakes occassionally I think he gains greater credibility and trust amongst fans.

And *shock horror* that is certainly not what I want to see happen!

Indeed it is.  But, to be honest, I'm starting to wonder if that's exactly the message SC is trying to send out through this kind of interview - i.e. "the club aren't backing me in the transfer market, it's going to mean we're not going to do as well as I'd hoped this season and I want the fans to know I'm not happy about it so it'll put pressure on the board to back me in the transfer market".

If that is the case then it's a big worry that communication has reached a point where the manager feels the need to put messages through the media.  And Gus Poyet found out at both Brighton and Sunderland that, even if you're popular as a manage, if you start bringing your internal issues with the board out into the public domain, it can easily start to turn the board and even supporters against you.

I don't actually believe SC is at the end of the tether and ready to storm out. But I do think he may be playing a dangerous game that could undermine a positive environment at the club and ultimately backfire on everyone...

Well put , and I'd add

'And the obvious chance of a complete de-stabilisation of this current squad / team that all have got excited about after decades of , in general , mediocrity, and who we recognise has the potential to continue to be a very special group to , as a core take the club forward with SC ideally'

Don't think anyone would expect him to say everything is perfect Chipdawg

But he could have stuck to the game that he was there to talk about , not advertising to the world were p'd off with the transfer situation and somewhat desperate, and looking as if he wanted to throw it all in

I'm struggling to recall a worse / more depressing post match interview from any manager of any club in all my years of watching football tbh ( ironically SoD could have a go !)

Just my considered opinion ;)

I'm not saying it's right or wrong to object to the way SC conducted himself in said interview, it was more commentary on the nature of these things. I personally am glad that he's so dissatisfied at the state of things with the squad and the 1st match of the season- he'll surely keep working hard to get the right players in- though I can't deny that it's not the most people/friendly interview ever done!

In all of this I have to be honest I don't really care if SC is the most glass-half-full, miserable, dire grump of the lot; so long as he is achieving results.

There's plenty of ways to skin a cat and if he thinks his demeanour now can motivate the team to their best performances crack on - he's shown he can motivate, he has picked players up from the floor before and shown he can turn around a bad run to the poster that referenced this earlier, and he knows how the squad will react (if at all) better than all of us in these matters.

I am still of a sceptical, cynical opinion that some of these obvious frustrations may to some extent be 'staged'.

- SL doesn't really do interviews since stepping back. It took the title to coax him in to the public light. He now gives interviews based upon the transfer market;

- SC looking angry, answering short, blaming agents, players and demands.

- Leaking of what seems genuine enquiries at a high value - Maguire, Lingard even though our record of generally keeping transfers under wraps until concluded is exceptional.

To be honest I wonder if what is going out to the press is not necessarily for our benefit, but actually the club very publicly putting pressure right back on agents and on our targets - we will not buckle so if a deal is to be done you must sing to our tune.

Don't get me wrong I am not so rose tinted to think there haven't been mistakes, that it isn't a genuinely frustrating time for all involved and that there aren't probably strong emotions involved, but like I said I wonder if rather than genuine 'moody' we are really seeing the PR machine in full effect.

I think that is a great point.

I'm sure SC is frustrated, but has a good relationship with SL. He ain't gonna get a gig in the Premier League, unless he takes us forward and proves himself further at this level.

He's gonna have to go backwards to go forwards if he leaves and I can't see that happening. This club is going places, and he knows it. He also knows that he's got a decent bunch of young players who can progress. At some clubs, just promoted, they'd have lost Flint, Bryan and Freeman over the summer. I suspect there were clubs trying it on.

Can't wait for Saturday whatever the result tonight.

....and finally, we all know SC is a grumpy git if we lose and similar if we draw. Watch him go all 'media friendly / Happy Jack" when interviewed after a win. It ain't Rocket Surgery (as I like to say)!!!

Yep you are!

You sound like a bitchy school girl. Man up

I'm not so,sure that SC is much of an actor to manipulate the media tbh

Everything I see or hear about him suggests he is very much 'Heart On His Sleeve' man

To me , and this is not a criticism , is his thoughts ooze straight out of him at times, it's just the way he is, many of us are the same

IF I'm right that then leads for me , concerns as to where he is right now and internal frustrations

Indeed it is.  But, to be honest, I'm starting to wonder if that's exactly the message SC is trying to send out through this kind of interview - i.e. "the club aren't backing me in the transfer market, it's going to mean we're not going to do as well as I'd hoped this season and I want the fans to know I'm not happy about it so it'll put pressure on the board to back me in the transfer market".

If that is the case then it's a big worry that communication has reached a point where the manager feels the need to put messages through the media.  And Gus Poyet found out at both Brighton and Sunderland that, even if you're popular as a manage, if you start bringing your internal issues with the board out into the public domain, it can easily start to turn the board and even supporters against you.

I don't actually believe SC is at the end of the tether and ready to storm out. But I do think he may be playing a dangerous game that could undermine a positive environment at the club and ultimately backfire on everyone...

That's exactly how I see it fella.....and from what I've heard....is the case.

So what is the point of putting a 'front on'...if he's not trying to make a statement?

Who says he's not making a statement?!

It's how you interpret it.

Business is on-going, frustration, perhaps. Some deals are dead, but players are still being approached. For him, I'm sure it's a boring matter to discuss with the media now.

Archived