IGNORED

Sc Now Has The Moody On!

Tomo

I started the sulking thread on saturday and said I didnt mind Steve's attitude when we lose.

But the pre match Player Interview for Luton is a simple "Ive got the moody on and my name is Steve Cotterill"

I dont agree with this type of PR and it is not good for team morale in my opinion.

It is one of the very few things that annoy me about Cotts. He has done wonderful things for this club since he arrived, up there with any manager I've seen in my 25 years or so as a fan, but the sulky, pissy attitude when we lose is a massive turn off. Last season we lost 5 games all year and every time afterwards when interviewed on Radio Bristol he was rude, I thought aggressive and as you put it "in a moody". 

I understand he's had a tough summer but as KITR said this should be an in house thing as he is the figurehead of this club and in such should act like it. A brave face, stay positive etc etc. Personally I think we'll be just fine this season, probably better than that but this sulky child routine every time things don't go to plan is getting a bit old.

I started the sulking thread on saturday and said I didnt mind Steve's attitude when we lose.

But the pre match Player Interview for Luton is a simple "Ive got the moody on and my name is Steve Cotterill"

I dont agree with this type of PR and it is not good for team morale in my opinion.

Christ, what's he said now? Won't have player until I get home so can't watch!

He doesn't like losing. Neither do I.

Fed up with the 'we had more possession, deserved to have won' approach.

Let the players know what you feel like and show them, and us, that the performance was unacceptable and below our standards. He put up and shut up after the Yeovil defeat. We don't do two defeats on the bounce.

Up and at them now lads, nothing less.

Put him and us back in a good mood.

Yep...the 1st minute of the interview is "i got the moody on" to higher levels than ever before. Needs to sort that and conduct interviews when be has a level head. Post match moodies are understandable but this is a tad silly and only a negative

I don't think it affects the team.

The players will be keeping their heads down and making sure they don't get any stick from him.

This mardy stuff isn't for the team anyway as they've done no wrong, it seems to me he's making a point to the board/SL and is frustrated by the inability of Burt and himself being able to get players in - possibly due to agent demands for their players salaries/agent fees etc, and the clubs stance on not paying over the odds. Problem being, you don't know what is going to be asked for by agents until you ask - and things have obviously escalated a bit with all the money in this division these days due to many clubs with the parachute monies. So agents for average players are now probably asking for over the odds....

Difficult and frustrating situation.

I spoke to a player yesterday afternoon (just as a client, I don't know any of them personally or socially and I am not ITK) who is aware that SC isn't happy with the situation but its apparently business as usual on the training ground. Doesn't appear to be affecting the players (or this particular one).

Pretty much this I'd say. Not unhappy with players or particularly the result....more to do with business.

Definitely making a point.

The point you made about Agents, fees and wages though, would and could have been found out months ago.

SC and Burt were already looking to bring in players towards the end of last season....making enquiries.

They would have had a list of players who they wanted to come here, who fit our playing style and were a good fit for the club....as in what the club now want.

Unfortunately it seems that has all gone Pete Tong....and we are now just filling places with whoever becomes available.

As latest recruit Robinson said.... we only enquired about him last Wednesday....and he see's playing for us as an advancement in his career for his dream of playing for Villas first team.

Hopefully some of the 'planned' players SC and Burt wanted become available and not gone elsewhere.

It definitely  feels like we are struggling big time at the moment with recruitment and SC isn't happy.

It is one of the very few things that annoy me about Cotts. He has done wonderful things for this club since he arrived, up there with any manager I've seen in my 25 years or so as a fan, but the sulky, pissy attitude when we lose is a massive turn off. Last season we lost 5 games all year and every time afterwards when interviewed on Radio Bristol he was rude, I thought aggressive and as you put it "in a moody". 

I understand he's had a tough summer but as KITR said this should be an in house thing as he is the figurehead of this club and in such should act like it. A brave face, stay positive etc etc. Personally I think we'll be just fine this season, probably better than that but this sulky child routine every time things don't go to plan is getting a bit old.

Yes it can be quite cringeworthy to watch. I remember watching the FL show when he was at Pompey and every week he was on there saying how they were unlucky to lose and they were robbed. This was one of the reasons I was fearful of his appointment. Luckily all my other fears were proved wrong and for that he deserves immense credit.

And for those that will whinge saying I'm glad he doesn't like losing, I'm all for him having a pop at the players when deserved but suck it up, be magnanimous in defeat and move on in public.

Keep up the otherwise great job SC!

Yes it can be quite cringeworthy to watch. I remember watching the FL show when he was at Pompey and every week he was on there saying how they were unlucky to lose and they were robbed. This was one of the reasons I was fearful of his appointment. Luckily all my other fears were proved wrong and for that he deserves immense credit.

And for those that will whinge saying I'm glad he doesn't like losing, I'm all for him having a pop at the players when deserved but suck it up, be magnanimous in defeat and move on in public.

Keep up the otherwise great job SC!

He's not angry about the Wednesday result or the players though.

Cotterill appears that he's yet to come to terms with the disappointment of not getting the players on board that he wanted, largely due to the "excessive" financial demands in the Championship.

If that's true then his recent dour and downbeat interviews might also reflect his doubts about his current squads depth. That's not where he (or anyone else) wants to be.

Pretty much this I'd say. Not unhappy with players or particularly the result....more to do with business.

Definitely making a point.

The point you made about Agents, fees and wages though, would and could have been found out months ago.

SC and Burt were already looking to bring in players towards the end of last season....making enquiries.

They would have had a list of players who they wanted to come here, who fit our playing style and were a good fit for the club....as in what the club now want.

Unfortunately it seems that has all gone Pete Tong....and we are now just filling places with whoever becomes available.

As latest recruit Robinson said.... we only enquired about him last Wednesday....and he see's playing for us as an advancement in his career for his dream of playing for Villas first team.

Hopefully some of the 'planned' players SC and Burt wanted become available and not gone elsewhere.

It definitely  feels like we are struggling big time at the moment with recruitment and SC isn't happy.

I understand and appreciate all that but it is not professional to behave like that in public. He needs to stop behaving like a petulant child and not continue to be rude to media staff etc. His behaviour is effecting the fans too because we are discussing it and some are getting worried.

He's not angry about the Wednesday result or the players though.

But he is usually like that every time we lose & as I mentioned toward the end of last season that's gonna happen a lot more this season. He actually called Colchester cheats after they beat us!

Anyway, I've not seen the Luton presser yet so can't really comment on that, but if he is being all petulant about the lack of transfer activity he needs to sort it out. We'll never know the reasons behind players not joining us but if he is asking for players which he knows is well outside of our agreed budget then he's as much as fault as anyone.

As widely reported, last year we had a one of the best budgets in the league. He/we can't expect that this term.

I agree with you. I very much still hope for and expect a positive season for us but my one concern is that if we do have a tough year and results don't go our way then we'll see more of this from Cotts and it will start to effect his relationships with the players. We know he's very good at building a successful team and keeping momentum going throughout a season but it will be interesting to see what he's made of if we go on some bad runs of form.

If you think that KITR doesn't have an agenda against SC then you are seriously short sited! 

You find me 3 things he has ever said positive about SC......??

What is apparently clear is that you have a personal agenda with him and anyone who might agree with any of his posts

One things for sure your personal agenda is far more apparent than any you claim KITR has

But he is usually like that every time we lose & as I mentioned toward the end of last season that's gonna happen a lot more this season. He actually called Colchester cheats after they beat us!

Anyway, I've not seen the Luton presser yet so can't really comment on that, but if he is being all petulant about the lack of transfer activity he needs to sort it out. We'll never know the reasons behind players not joining us but if he is asking for players which he knows is well outside of our agreed budget then he's as much as fault as anyone.

As widely reported, last year we had a one of the best budgets in the league. He/we can't expect that this term.

There's a difference between the Luton interview and the others, he wasn't angry he just seemed very down and moody, that was what was more worrying.

On another point having been at the Colchester game, they deserved to win, but the number head injuries feigned was embarrassing.

If you think that KITR doesn't have an agenda against SC then you are seriously short sited! 

Because he asks questions? or is constructive in criticism?....why does anyone have to have an agenda?

Loads of forum members disliked SoD and I disagreed with them....but i'd never say they had an agenda against him.

So I'm short sighted now - excellent ( the pies are failing a bit but I utilise reading glasses)

And I am for real

And I suggest that as your personal agenda and posts are the blatant ones perhaps YOU would like to come up with some evidence to back up YOUR claims and personal agenda and posts

Archived