IGNORED

Jeremy Corbyn

Barrs Court Red

Are you forgetting the plant the BBC had that hijacked the UKIP candidate, you know the Labour regional policy co ordinator girl who said they were disgusting. Turns out she tweeted in advance "Don’t miss out on Question Time tonight, you’ll see me rip into the disgusting UKIP woman!". Amazing foresight.

It's TV entertainment, of course they plant the audience.

That isn't a "hijack" at all, despite what the Daily Mail you reckon you never read says!!

A percentage - at one stage 50%, now reduced - of the studio audience are people who've declared political affiliation. 

How many times do you reckon Harry Coles ( look him up) has appeared, asking a question, on the programme?

For which party  do you reckon multi-millionaire tax dodger David Dimbleby votes incidentally,  Es?

Don't  buy into the right-wing paranoia "the media's against us" - apart from the 80% of it we control - conspiracy theory.

That isn't a "hijack" at all, despite what the Daily Mail you reckon you never read says!!

A percentage - at one stage 50%, now reduced - of the studio audience are people who've declared political affiliation. 

How many times do you reckon Harry Coles ( look him up) has appeared, asking a question, on the programme?

For which party  do you reckon multi-millionaire tax dodger David Dimbleby votes incidentally,  Es?

Don't  buy into the right-wing paranoia "the media's against us" - apart from the 80% of it we control - conspiracy theory.

Es?, nowt to do with me old bean, too much port last night.

More interested in the Bush, Blair, Powell memo's, I wonder who the labour MP's whose names have been redacted from the documents are?.

What a great subject 'Benefits Britain' really is, eh?

Less money for the NHS / schools / transport / investment Vs. more money for sitting on your arse / banging out huge families you can't support yourself: discuss.

The fact that it is such a debate is truly depressing.

It's also depressing what a poor reception increasing the minimum wage received. When people are told their minimum income is going up, you would have thought they would be pleased? The only issue seems to be it is one less reason to sit on you ass and sponge off those who work hard.

It should always pay to work.

I said above - increase benefits for those who cannot help themselves, and encourage the rest to come and chip-in to help us hire a few more nurses and build the odd frigate?

I expect it is too much to ask ...........

Uncle TFR

Oh dear not the Daily Mail insult again. I think it says more about you as bloke that you actually know what is inside the Daily Mail because I've never read it, I don't buy papers and am not a blinkered one eyed rosette wearer. I don't have a political agenda because I don't support or have voted for any political party, old style Labour was my bag but doesn't exist anymore.

She tweeted before the event that she was going to rip into the disgusting UKIP woman, how was she to know in advance that she was going to be chosen at random to rip into her and so that her friends needed to tune in to watch her do it unless she was a time traveller?

It's TV entertainment, of course they load it with outspoken activists.

Es?, nowt to do with me old bean, too much port last night.

More interested in the Bush, Blair, Powell memo's, I wonder who the labour MP's whose names have been redacted from the documents are?.

I do beg your pudding. 

Only surprising news today was that the documents still existed.

Oh dear not the Daily Mail insult again. I think it says more about you as bloke that you actually know what is inside the Daily Mail because I've never read it, I don't buy papers and am not a blinkered one eyed rosette wearer. I don't have a political agenda because I don't support or have voted for any political party, old style Labour was my bag but doesn't exist anymore.

She tweeted before the event that she was going to rip into the disgusting UKIP woman, how was she to know in advance that she was going to be chosen at random to rip into her and so that her friends needed to tune in to watch her do it unless she was a time traveller?

Ha! Sorry for the Mail thing Screech. I'd come back from the pub after sampling a new 5.2 OG bitter and for some reason thought EMB had posted that. It's not an "insult" I'd fling at you ;-)

Nonetheless,  the idea that the QT audience is deliberately packed with Trotskyites by the "left-wing BBC" (not your words I know but a frequently encountered cliché) is a rather hoary old fib beloved by the likes of Simon Heffer, Peter Hitchens et al.

Mentorn who make the programme are very careful at trying to balance audiences, researching backgrounds,  and where known Labour activists are in the audience they will be "paired" with known Tories. Other political parties are given proportional consideration as merited. Most of the audience will be people with no known political affiliation. 

How do I know this? I worked with Mentorn to set up the audience feedback system. 

Agreed. Very tiresome.

Agreed. Very tiresome.

Bit like the Mail itself.

I had to chuckle at it during the Jimmy Carr "aggressive tax avoidance scheme" furore.

The Mail had worked itself into a splenetic rage on its front about those who were "robbing the country" by employing "clever accountants" to "avoid paying their way" by "devious and morally dubious means".

I wonder whether they remembered that they are 100% owned by a man whow lives in Oxfordshire,  but is domiciled in Monaco for tax purposes.

I do beg your pudding. 

Only surprising news today was that the documents still existed.

it does and it's now out there, so we know that he has lied (again) to his 'mate' Chilcott this time, but the real question is of course who are the 3 labour MP spies and are they still serving MP's?. Come on RR you must having an inkling?.

i'll start the ball rolling Straw man, Cuprinol kid and Mandolin would be my guesses.

it does and it's now out there, so we know that he has lied (again) to his 'mate' Chilcott this time, but the real question is of course who are the 3 labour MP spies and are they still serving MP's?. Come on RR you must having an inkling?.

i'll start the ball rolling Straw man, Cuprinol kid and Mandolin would be my guesses.

Mine too, first one, although I'm not sure who Cuprinol man is?

For those saying Corbyn means an 'ineffective opposition' it seems the Tories have already done one U-turn (Saudi Arabia) based on Corbyn's comments at the Labour party conference.

Looks like it might be up to him to raise with the Chinese government their appaling human rights record this week as well, as Osborne prepares to gleefully jump into bed with them.

For those saying Corbyn means an 'ineffective opposition' it seems the Tories have already done one U-turn (Saudi Arabia) based on Corbyn's comments at the Labour party conference.

Looks like it might be up to him to raise with the Chinese government their appaling human rights record this week as well, as Osborne prepares to gleefully jump into bed with them.

I really doubt that the Saudi U-turn was because of his comments, but hey ho, the problem being if we were to stop trading with 'every' country that has poor human rights record, there would be mass unemployment. Perhaps he should issue a list of countries that he will trade with, that would be an interesting read.

I suspect the Chinese delegation will a) not know who is b) care who is his and c) act on his words

What is all this intrigue and skulduggery about Labour MPs? I appear to have missed this on the newswires 

What is all this intrigue and skulduggery about Labour MPs? I appear to have missed this on the newswires 

The memos have 3 labour MP's/officials names redacted from the emails, stating that they and Blair will keep the US of A informed of the mood of the government and labour MP's, spies if you will.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-34565075

The memos have 3 labour MP's/officials names redacted from the emails, stating that they and Blair will keep the US of A informed of the mood of the government and labour MP's, spies if you will.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-34565075

I'm not sure the Blair stuff is any more than confirming what was an obvious truth, but if ruling MPs- cabinet members even- were in the pocket of a foreign power (ally or not) that is some pretty serious subterfuge 

I'm not sure the Blair stuff is any more than confirming what was an obvious truth, but if ruling MPs- cabinet members even- were in the pocket of a foreign power (ally or not) that is some pretty serious subterfuge 

of course 'everybody' knew this to be true and he had an opportunity to come clean at Chillcott but lied again and that just cannot be acceptable.

of course 'everybody' knew this to be true and he had an opportunity to come clean at Chillcott but lied again and that just cannot be acceptable.

Indeed. Avoiding the truth seems to have become somewhat endemic in British politics- seems to be a tough habit to kick after you've left the political arena too

Stewart Lee (who I appreciate is not to everyone's taste) wrote an interesting, if rambling, piece in the Guardian the other day about lies in politics and how politicians are not held to the same level of accountability as comedians in what they say when their material is broadcast. That was about the Tory Party Conference, but could easily apply to the Blair era and submissions to the Chilcott Enquiry

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/18/cameron-tell-lie-conservatives-conference-truth-decency-comedy-routines

Indeed. Avoiding the truth seems to have become somewhat endemic in British politics- seems to be a tough habit to kick after you've left the political arena too

Stewart Lee (who I appreciate is not to everyone's taste) wrote an interesting, if rambling, piece in the Guardian the other day about lies in politics and how politicians are not held to the same level of accountability as comedians in what they say when their material is broadcast. That was about the Tory Party Conference, but could easily apply to the Blair era and submissions to the Chilcott Enquiry

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/18/cameron-tell-lie-conservatives-conference-truth-decency-comedy-routines

The piece could be about 'any' party conference but singles out the tories, there are some very dodgy characters in Corbyn's team, the self appointed n once finder general Watson comes easily to mind.

The piece could be about 'any' party conference but singles out the tories, there are some very dodgy characters in Corbyn's team, the self appointed n once finder general Watson comes easily to mind.

I agree it could, but it was about the Tory party one because a) it's happening now and b) Stewart Lee is a 'Corbynite' (and c) because D-Cam and Gideon have been doing quite a lot of it recently). I think it's a fascinating concept though that politicians can say what they like (and the aforementioned Tom Watson is a great example), what they've said be broadcast as infinitum and no one question it despite it being a misquote or a half truth or an outright lie. Half the things said by politicians of any persuasion about each other or their policies or their track record are complete lies that would never pass editorial standards, but can be shown on 24 hour news feeds and become 'truth' by repetition. Royally pisses me off!!! 

I agree it could, but it was about the Tory party one because a) it's happening now and b) Stewart Lee is a 'Corbynite' (and c) because D-Cam and Gideon have been doing quite a lot of it recently). I think it's a fascinating concept though that politicians can say what they like (and the aforementioned Tom Watson is a great example), what they've said be broadcast as infinitum and no one question it despite it being a misquote or a half truth or an outright lie. Half the things said by politicians of any persuasion about each other or their policies or their track record are complete lies that would never pass editorial standards, but can be shown on 24 hour news feeds and become 'truth' by repetition. Royally pisses me off!!! 

indeed labour seem to be attacking Zac Goldsmith over his comments but strangely silent over Watson, who incidentally only really focused on tories mentioned by his 'creditable' source, who didn't come across as very credible to me.

Enough idle chit-chat - back onto benefit cheats ;)

Channel 5 tonight at 9pm: 'Britain's most shameless Mum'.

Stats:-

- 11 (eleven) (XI), yes, you heard right, ELEVEN kids ........

- £40,000 a year in benefits

- Oh yes ........... child No. 12 on the way.

"Good girl".

People are dying of cancer, people are homeless, people are hungry, and then there is this cow.

Uncle TFR

Enough idle chit-chat - back onto benefit cheats ;)

Channel 5 tonight at 9pm: 'Britain's most shameless Mum'.

Stats:-

- 11 (eleven) (XI), yes, you heard right, ELEVEN kids ........

- £40,000 a year in benefits

- Oh yes ........... child No. 12 on the way.

"Good girl".

People are dying of cancer, people are homeless, people are hungry, and then there is this cow.

Uncle TFR

Sorry but your last few posts on here are completly misinformed and short sighted.

Please tell me that you understand the media intentionally hammers benefit cheats in order to drum up hatred and distract us from the more substantial issues? 

Its OK to say that these people are in the wrong but you cant base an entire political argument on it because economically speaking its pretty much irrelevant.

Let me enlighten you with just one example - We are living in a time when the HMRC is actively working with corporations to find ways to reduce their tax and form allegiances. Private companies like railways are also propped up by state money, banks were bailed out by tax payer money. This is far more alarming and criminal than a few chavs getting a handout to buy a television set and bothers me exponentially more. Sadly, these more important points are not nearly enough exposed.

I propose that you posts exposing benefits cheats are borderline moronic because you are completly ignoring the bigger picture.

There is no way to sound patronising when saying this but you could try reading some books or research yourself how poor and middle class people in this country are getting shafted by the elite.

A jeremy corbyn government would expose much of this inequality and ensure that wealth in this country is distributed more fairly. Most of the press are  painting him as 'extreme' because he posses a threat to their free market system that is making the rich even richer.

You infering that benfit cheats are the reason that we have people using foodbanks and cancer patients not being looked after is also  completly incorrect. It is an ideology that we need to get rid of in this country. Turn your anger and those who are really responsible.

Sorry but your last few posts on here are completly misinformed and short sighted.

Please tell me that you understand the media intentionally hammers benefit cheats in order to drum up hatred and distract us from the more substantial issues? 

Its OK to say that these people are in the wrong but you cant base an entire political argument on it because economically speaking its pretty much irrelevant.

Let me enlighten you with just one example - We are living in a time when the HMRC is actively working with corporations to find ways to reduce their tax and form allegiances. Private companies like railways are also propped up by state money, banks were bailed out by tax payer money. This is far more alarming and criminal than a few chavs getting a handout to buy a television set and bothers me exponentially more. Sadly, these more important points are not nearly enough exposed.

I propose that you posts exposing benefits cheats are borderline moronic because you are completly ignoring the bigger picture.

There is no way to sound patronising when saying this but you could try reading some books or research yourself how poor and middle class people in this country are getting shafted by the elite.

A jeremy corbyn government would expose much of this inequality and ensure that wealth in this country is distributed more fairly. Most of the press are  painting him as 'extreme' because he posses a threat to their free market system that is making the rich even richer.

You infering that benfit cheats are the reason that we have people using foodbanks and cancer patients not being looked after is also  completly incorrect. It is an ideology that we need to get rid of in this country. Turn your anger and those who are really responsible.

We know Corbyn's views on tax avoiders (whether he will be able to tackle it is another matter) and what we also know is that he is favour of unlimited benefits, what we don't know is whether like most benefits cheats he believes it to be an OK life choice or an entitlement?.

We know Corbyn's views on tax avoiders (whether he will be able to tackle it is another matter) and what we also know is that he is favour of unlimited benefits, what we don't know is whether like most benefits cheats he believes it to be an OK life choice or an entitlement?.

We will see, but whilst anoying for those of us that work, id argue that people on benefits as a 'life choice' isn't a significant problem. I have been on benefits and know how demorolising it is. I dont look at the 'life choice' people with envy because i understand how hollow and unsignificant their lives must be!

There is also tthe obvious point that to be a civilized country we need a good welfare system! A few people will abuse it but dont let them get your knickers in a twist when there is far worse use of tax payer money.

We will see, but whilst anoying for those of us that work, id argue that people on benefits as a 'life choice' isn't a significant problem. I have been on benefits and know how demorolising it is. I dont look at the 'life choice' people with envy because i understand how hollow and unsignificant their lives must be!

There is also tthe obvious point that to be a civilized country we need a good welfare system! A few people will abuse it but dont let them get your knickers in a twist when there is far worse use of tax payer money.

Well taxing the rich has never and will never work, how can you tax what you cannot find?, as for tax avoidance of big multi nationals, even with a law change the money will just be hidden and again you cannot tax what you cannot find.

Yes we do need a good welfare system, but not one where ****less men and women can just go on breeding the next generation who believe that the benefits system is a life choice and an entitlement, the tories started with wrong and most vulnerable section of the benefits system, the disabled and that was a national disgrace, every time there is a overhaul of the benefits system, start with the abusers of the system, then life choice brigade and then filter down to the people who seem to be enjoying a better standard of living than the benefits system should actually be providing, that is right and fair.

Well taxing the rich has never and will never work, how can you tax what you cannot find?, as for tax avoidance of big multi nationals, even with a law change the money will just be hidden and again you cannot tax what you cannot find.

Yes we do need a good welfare system, but not one where ****less men and women can just go on breeding the next generation who believe that the benefits system is a life choice and an entitlement, the tories started with wrong and most vulnerable section of the benefits system, the disabled and that was a national disgrace, every time there is a overhaul of the benefits system, start with the abusers of the system, then life choice brigade and then filter down to the people who seem to be enjoying a better standard of living than the benefits system should actually be providing, that is right and fair.

BBu

But I think you have contradicted yourself there. Having a good welfare system unfortunately goes hand in hand with having a small number of people that abuse it.

We don't neccesairly need to tax the rich more (though im pretty sure it would do no harm). We could recoup billions purely by addressing tax avoidance, and making sure corporations pay their fair share. You might say that wont work, but from what I can see the Thatcher free market aint working either!!

But I think you have contradicted yourself there. Having a good welfare system unfortunately goes hand in hand with having a small number of people that abuse it.

We don't neccesairly need to tax the rich more (though im pretty sure it would do no harm). We could recoup billions purely by addressing tax avoidance, and making sure corporations pay their fair share. You might say that wont work, but from what I can see the Thatcher free market aint working either!!

No actually you have contradicted yourself look up the word welfare in the dictionary and show me your definition? it is unacceptable to people who have worked all of their lives and were the first to be punished by the welfare cuts, the people about to reach old age pension age, as I explained earlier just like my missus who missed the cut by 6 weeks and her pension was pushed back 5 years and her pension forecast is barely what an asylum seeker is given weekly as spending money after their room, board and 3 square meals, it's welfare and not a life choice and that should always be the starting point. Just to be clear the asylum seeker is an analogy of payment not an example of life choice.

i'm with you on tax avoidance, I am just at a loss as to how any government would implement such policies, first you have to close all legal loopholes in the tax laws and then close the loopholes that arise from the new legislation and then actually prove your case beyond a reasonable doubt and then find the money and then make them pay.

Archived