IGNORED

Jeremy Corbyn

Barrs Court Red

There is a serious point here. These bizarre initiation rituals are supposed to enable the group to blackmail the individual to keep schtum about their activities (Hell's Angels initiate their recruits in much the same way). It seems that this time it's the other way round.

Lord Ashcroft's complaint is not about pig abuse, it's about his not getting the Cabinet post he thinks he deserves for being a member of the Bullingdon Club and bankrolling the Conservative Party. It's an attempt to destroy Cameron, something I would warmly applaud were it not for my fears at to which other super-rich Yahoo would replace him :(

There is a serious point here. These bizarre initiation rituals are supposed to enable the group to blackmail the individual to keep schtum about their activities (Hell's Angels initiate their recruits in much the same way). It seems that this time it's the other way round.

Lord Ashcroft's complaint is not about pig abuse, it's about his not getting the Cabinet post he thinks he deserves for being a member of the Bullingdon Club and bankrolling the Conservative Party. It's an attempt to destroy Cameron, something I would warmly applaud were it not for my fears at to which other super-rich Yahoo would replace him :(

Ashcroft didn't go to Oxbridge- he was a self-made millionaire from relatively humble beginnings. He thinks one of the reasons he didn't get a cabinet post is BECAUSE he wasn't in the Bullingdon Club. Looking at the Tory hierarchy, he probably has a point but all he's done is shown himself to be an untrustworthy bastard. Not that I have any issue with things that make Dave squirm, especially when they relate to the privileged upbringing which put him in his current position of power

Ashcroft didn't go to Oxbridge- he was a self-made millionaire from relatively humble beginnings. He thinks one of the reasons he didn't get a cabinet post is BECAUSE he wasn't in the Bullingdon Club. Looking at the Tory hierarchy, he probably has a point but all he's done is shown himself to be an untrustworthy bastard. Not that I have any issue with things that make Dave squirm, especially when they relate to the privileged upbringing which put him in his current position of power

Interesting. So which member of the Bullingdon Club blew the whistle on Cameron's initiation?

Can there be any members of said club who would benefit from Mr Slippery being found out? If there are, I`m sure personal loyalty would prevent them from spilling the beans and they would in no way do so just to advance their own political careers would they? These are gentlemen remember.

Fair point RRH. I forgot that :( I humbly apologise to said gentlemen.

I have noticed in the last few days the Daily Mail have been laying into Cameron.  Anyone want to speculate why?

Are they going to switch sides?! Or God forbid start backing UKIP?!

What a strange question and even stranger assumption?.

Stuff like this sells newspapers and that is their business, they couldn't give a shit about any individual whoever he may be or what political party he is in.

The bottom line is Cameron like many tories is not a career politician and never will be, he sort of fell into politics, he never showed any interest whatsoever in politics until he left Oxford and needed a job and when the tories needed a pretty boy to challenge Blair, with a line up resembling the bar scene in star wars, there he was.

PS:- The star wars analogy could fit any of the political parties, with the odd female MP excluded or is that sexist?, I suppose as long as I don't mention it on Linkedin i'm safe, phew I think I got away with that one.

What a strange question and even stranger assumption?.

Stuff like this sells newspapers and that is their business, they couldn't give a shit about any individual whoever he may be or what political party he is in.

The bottom line is Cameron like many tories is not a career politician and never will be, he sort of fell into politics, he never showed any interest whatsoever in politics until he left Oxford and needed a job and when the tories needed a pretty boy to challenge Blair, with a line up resembling the bar scene in star wars, there he was.

PS:- The star wars analogy could fit any of the political parties, with the odd female MP excluded or is that sexist?, I suppose as long as I don't mention it on Linkedin i'm safe, phew I think I got away with that one.

Never showed any interest in politics until he left Oxford... apart from getting top marks in politics which he took at A level, working for his MP godfather during his gap year including attending debates in the house of commons at 18 years old, and studying philosophy, politics and economics at Oxford itself you mean?

I have noticed in the last few days the Daily Mail have been laying into Cameron.  Anyone want to speculate why?

Are they going to switch sides?! Or God forbid start backing UKIP?!

Not a chance.

It did cross my mind however that if it had been Corbyn, they may not have waited until after the election, of which DC has already said it is his last. 

Never showed any interest in politics until he left Oxford... apart from getting top marks in politics which he took at A level, working for his MP godfather during his gap year including attending debates in the house of commons at 18 years old, and studying philosophy, politics and economics at Oxford itself you mean?

He might have studied politics, but unlike Boris was not an active member of any of the political societies, in fact he avoided student politics, because "he wanted to have a good time" and the first 3 months of his gap year was spent with MP Tim Rathbone, but the rest of that year was spent at shipping agents in Hong Kong and traveling by rail through the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, his Oxford  'chums' were surprised that he then got involved in politics, that's what I mean.

I see that Corbyn's farming spokesperson, the Bristol MP and vegan Kerry Mcarthy, has told Viva!life, a magazine for vegans: "I really believe that meat should be treated in exactly the same way as tobacco, with public campaigns to stop people eating it".

A real vote winner there then.

Never mind. We can always eat Big Macs instead.

I see that Corbyn's farming spokesperson, the Bristol MP and vegan Kerry Mcarthy, has told Viva!life, a magazine for vegans: "I really believe that meat should be treated in exactly the same way as tobacco, with public campaigns to stop people eating it".

A real vote winner there then.

..and you can only eat it outdoors.

He favours withdrawal from the EU, Marshy.

''Corbyn has told the BBC he could not envisage circumstances where he would campaign for Britain to leave the EU.''

Looks like a month and a bit is a long time in Politics Robbo, and there was me hopeful he would follow the Tony Benn line on sovereignty and democracy.

Nigel has called it 'an abject surrender to his MPs' and he's not usually too far wrong. I don't think it will be too long for it to become apparent, even to the most starry-eyed of his supporters, that Corbyn is hopelessly out of his depth.

I dunno, if it came to needing to use them, we're ****** either way, but why say it publicly? He's accepted he's likely to lose the debate within his own party, so the comment was just petulant- I suspect they would be used for him if there was a situation that catastrophic.

I found his 9/11 dig in bad taste though, very un-statesmen like.

A man is being criticised for being reticent about starting a nuclear war...

A man who would love to completely disband the UK's armed forces a man who says under a labour government people will be allowed to opt out of the taxation that goes to the armed forces FFS there is a lot parts of taxation I would love to opt out of, will I be given the chance?.

Archived