IGNORED

Jeremy Corbyn

Barrs Court Red

What antagonisms did the Kurds, Druze or Yazidis make?

Its a bit different. We don't live in the same country as ISIS. They are obviously going to try and wipe out anyone that disagrees with their warped ideologies.

And this didn't all start with Bin Laden attacking America did it? It goes back way further and is very complex before you even start with the conspiracy theories.

I seem to remember a lot of you saying that the UK should stop spending money on foreign aid. But you all seem ok to spunk billions on ineffective wars? Seems moronic to me.

Its a bit different. We don't live in the same country as ISIS. They are obviously going to try and wipe out anyone that disagrees with their warped ideologies.

And this didn't all start with Bin Laden attacking America did it? It goes back way further and is very complex before you even start with the conspiracy theories.

I seem to remember a lot of you saying that the UK should stop spending money on foreign aid. But you all seem ok to spunk billions on ineffective wars? Seems moronic to me.

Yet again more words but no solution, it's a typical liberal trait, talk a lot, say this ain't right and that ain't right but never a solution in sight.

Well the votes have, rightly or wrongly, now been cast and we have to sit tight til Saturday lunchtime to find out if JC has, indeed, won. I expect he has, but come 2pm the team news for the away game at Birmingham will be tweeted and that's way more important. 

Well the votes have, rightly or wrongly, now been cast and we have to sit tight til Saturday lunchtime to find out if JC has, indeed, won. I expect he has, but come 2pm the team news for the away game at Birmingham will be tweeted and that's way more important. 

I hope he has won to be honest. Otherwise the Labour party and the Tories may as well join together and make one big party.

I may be tempted to come out of retirement and vote at the next election if it's the case.

I hope he's won too, because hopefully it will mark a shift away from "PR politics". Wether you agree with him or not, he's a million miles away from the polished, smiley, smarmy nonsense that seems to have held sway recently. He has got zero chance of being PM but it might, just might, give people the idea that our politicians don't have to all be the same. 

I hope he's won too, because hopefully it will mark a shift away from "PR politics". Wether you agree with him or not, he's a million miles away from the polished, smiley, smarmy nonsense that seems to have held sway recently. He has got zero chance of being PM but it might, just might, give people the idea that our politicians don't have to all be the same. 

Agree, the Labour party has morphed into the Tory party, it needs someone different to spark an alternative view. I never believed Milliband or even Nick Clegg were capable to hold an alternative view, they were more interested in showmanship and bleating on about nasty Tories when their own parties shared the same views.

This is why I hate FPTP, it doesn't give the voter a choice, if they opened it up to PR you would have more people like Corbyn coming forward with a point of view and to hell with smiley, falseness.

Agree, the Labour party has morphed into the Tory party, it needs someone different to spark an alternative view. I never believed Milliband or even Nick Clegg were capable to hold an alternative view, they were more interested in showmanship and bleating on about nasty Tories when their own parties shared the same views.

This is why I hate FPTP, it doesn't give the voter a choice, if they opened it up to PR you would have more people like Corbyn coming forward with a point of view and to hell with smiley, falseness.

I heard someone say the other day that the Tories are now pretty much a left wing party.  Now I'm confused!:mf_sleep:

What exactly was it that "antagonised" Bin Laden for him to cause 9/11, plus previous attacks (Kenya, U.S.S. Cole) ?

The C.I.A. assisted him in getting the commies out of Afghanistan. He then turned on the U.S., despite the assistance he received.

Is it any surprise that the U.S. retaliated ?

To suggest that these conflicts are purely down to ourselves is pure folly.

And as for Corbyn claiming Bin Laden's death to be a "tragedy", well that is just sickening.

70 innocent Brits died on 9/11, has he forgotten that ?

You need to stop reading the Sun fella ;)

You need to read the whole quote in context.

What he actually said about Bin Laden was this,

“This was an assassination attempt, and is yet another tragedy, upon a tragedy, upon a tragedy. The World Trade Center was a tragedy, the attack on Afghanistan was a tragedy, the war in Iraq was a tragedy. Tens of thousands of people have died.”

He also added that it was his preference that Osama Bin Laden be put on trial, a view shared by, among other people, Barack Obama and Boris Johnson.

“This was an assassination attempt, and is yet another tragedy, upon a tragedy, upon a tragedy. The World Trade Center was a tragedy, the attack on Afghanistan was a tragedy, the war in Iraq was a tragedy. Tens of thousands of people have died.”

He also added that it was his preference that Osama Bin Laden be put on trial, a view shared by, among other people, Barack Obama and Boris Johnson.

Osama isn't dead, he's helping things along nicely.

These ratbags deserve no quarter. Capture if possible, interrogate, despatch to their 72 virgins, wrapped in pigskin and a mouthful of bacon (by a woman).

Oh, and bloody proscribe religion....ALL religion.

Surely that mighty triumvirate could have arranged for him to be taken alive. When they broke into the compound they could have just shouted out, 'Osama, it is the preference of our mighty leaders, and Jezza, for you to be taken alive and to be put on trial. Come out with your hands in the air and we won't shoot.''

I did read his entire quote; it makes no difference to me.

W.T.C. a tragedy ? DEFINITELY - caused by Bin Laden.

Afghanistan a tragedy ? YES - caused by Bin Laden. He knew there would be retaliation, as there was after the Kenyan embassy bombings in 1998. That time he got away with a few cruise missiles aimed at his camps, perhaps he thought he would  get away with the same after 9/11 ?

Iraq a tragedy ? CERTAINLY - caused by a number of people

Bin Laden's assassination a tragedy ? NOT IN A MILLION YEARS !! The *********** got exactly what he deserved ! The only "tragedy" over his death is that he didn't suffer a slow painful death, akin to what his insane followers dish out to anybody who disagrees with them literally every day !

As for capturing him and putting him through a trial, what a complete waste of time and money ! The thought of some lowlife lawyer making a fortune defending the scumbag, to me is stomach churning. All the time B.L. would have been awaiting trial, there would have been jihadi attacks worldwide, demanding his release. Following the trial, would there have been some extended period of time on death row, before the inevitable execution. Again, a complete waste of time and taxpayers' money.

Dumping his body in the sea was a masterstroke, leaving no chance of creation a shrine or gathering place.

Well done David Cameron for his decision to take out the two treacherous Brit jihadis last month in an airstrike. Let's see the same for that dog "Jihadi John". Will Corbyn claim these acts as "tragedies" ?

I will stop reading the Sun when you stop reading the Daily Mirage, mate :laughcont:

I did read his entire quote; it makes no difference to me.

W.T.C. a tragedy ? DEFINITELY - caused by Bin Laden.

Afghanistan a tragedy ? YES - caused by Bin Laden. He knew there would be retaliation, as there was after the Kenyan embassy bombings in 1998. That time he got away with a few cruise missiles aimed at his camps, perhaps he thought he would  get away with the same after 9/11 ?

Iraq a tragedy ? CERTAINLY - caused by a number of people

Bin Laden's assassination a tragedy ? NOT IN A MILLION YEARS !! The *********** got exactly what he deserved ! The only "tragedy" over his death is that he didn't suffer a slow painful death, akin to what his insane followers dish out to anybody who disagrees with them literally every day !

As for capturing him and putting him through a trial, what a complete waste of time and money ! The thought of some lowlife lawyer making a fortune defending the scumbag, to me is stomach churning. All the time B.L. would have been awaiting trial, there would have been jihadi attacks worldwide, demanding his release. Following the trial, would there have been some extended period of time on death row, before the inevitable execution. Again, a complete waste of time and taxpayers' money.

Dumping his body in the sea was a masterstroke, leaving no chance of creation a shrine or gathering place.

Well done David Cameron for his decision to take out the two treacherous Brit jihadis last month in an airstrike. Let's see the same for that dog "Jihadi John". Will Corbyn claim these acts as "tragedies" ?

I will stop reading the Sun when you stop reading the Daily Mirage, mate :laughcont:

The Blairites will now weep crocodile tears about Corbyn being unelectable. They had only one job to do and they failed - twice. Could Corbyn do any worse?

i'm sure he will have a jolly good go.

But hey at least there is now clear daylight between the parties, be very interesting to see when the Blairites within the party have another short term road to Damascus conversion ala Ed.

interesting days.

I don't read a paper......... Nor do you it seems!! 
As for Bin Laden, dumped at sea!! does anyone actually believe that?

He's more likely living a cosy life ( after a shave! ) somewhere all paid for by the USA.

After all, he worked for, and was trained and armed by the CIA when the Russians invaded Afghanistan.

Eleven of his family were in the USA at the time of 9/11, all were flown out of the USA 8 days later.  Not at all strange is it....................

A member of the Bin Laden family gets named The Worlds number one terrorist, and at the same time the USA government flys 11 of his family out of the USA and back to Saudi 

Corbyn's victory will at least stretch out the political spectrum and increase the debate which has to be a good thing for politics. 

Whether it increases the chances of Labour winning the next election is another matter, but following on from the recent election with the lowest number of MPs in years it will be hard to do much worse. 

I don't think the Conservatives winning another majority in 2020 is as nailed on as many make out. 

The Conservatives party may not be going flat out, but the Daily Mail is!

There's a difference?

You  have to remember that the Daily Mail (Hooray for the Blackshirts) cast poor MOTR Ed Milliband as Stalin's nephew. Difficult for them to find more expletives for JC ;)

Archived