IGNORED

Jeremy Corbyn

Barrs Court Red

Apparently there is 'uproar' that he didn't sing the national anthem today. People saying he clearly hates the UK. 

Good on him I say. Why should he have to sing that song?  

If he did sing he'd have been accused of selling out/changing his beliefs now in power so whatever he did the Daily Mail/Sun would have had it in for him. 

Apparently there is 'uproar' that he didn't sing the national anthem today. People saying he clearly hates the UK. 

Good on him I say. Why should he have to sing that song?  

Personally I think a respectful silence is absolutely fine. Better not to sing than pretend you know the words to the Welsh anthem like that prat Redwood a few years ago.

If he did sing he'd have been accused of selling out/changing his beliefs now in power so whatever he did the Daily Mail/Sun would have had it in for him. 

He's going to do that anyway, by kneeling before the Queen, kissing the Queen's hand, swearing an oath of allegiance to the Queen and then by joining the privy council.

I wonder if lying whilst swearing an oath to the Queen is like lying whilst swearing an oath in court, perjury?. Still both things are something politicians have been doing for years anyway, it is probably habit forming.

Well PMQ's was quite bizarre.

I can't help thinking that quaint idea though it is, Corbyn really needs to perfect this stunt somewhat, his lack of follow up to questions sort of makes one believe that Cameron's answers were quite acceptable, so no actual point is being made IMO and Cameron is let off the hook.

it was like watching an episode of 'Points of view', I was fully expecting the next question from Corbyn to be from Joan from Reigate to complain about the incoherent mumbling from 'so called actors' that is blighting BBC dramas, "come on BBC this is not good enough.

The best question by a country mile was from the DUP MP, ensuring that the world at large is aware of the vile man Corbyn has made his shadow chancellor, even the precious unions don't care much for this man.

I can't help thinking that quaint idea though it is, Corbyn really needs to perfect this stunt somewhat, his lack of follow up to questions sort of makes one believe that Cameron's answers were quite acceptable, so no actual point is being made IMO and Cameron is let off the hook.

it was like watching an episode of 'Points of view', I was fully expecting the next question from Corbyn to be from Joan from Reigate to complain about the incoherent mumbling from 'so called actors' that is blighting BBC dramas, "come on BBC this is not good enough.

The best question by a country mile was from the DUP MP, ensuring that the world at large is aware of the vile man Corbyn has made his shadow chancellor, even the precious unions don't care much for this man.

couldn't agree more about his questions. The idea is sound and should be persued but maybe have two from the public each week which allows him to pin Cameron down on a subject if needs be. He even thanked Cameron after every answer! I am sure he will watch it back with his team and make adjustments.  

Whether people like Corbyn or not, it is hard to argue that his appointment will make politics a lot more interesting; in the short term at least. 

Exactly. Appointing McDonnell to Shadow Chancellor is perhaps Corbyn's biggest mistake so far.

Well the first polls are in and as expected he is about as popular as a fart in a space suit.

Nobody apparently told him about kneeling before the queen.

Big donors are threatening to leave the party.

The tory press are having a field day.

and worst of all I have to try to erase an image of him and Diane Abbott frolicking naked in a Cotswold field.

Nurse, Nurse.

Well the first polls are in and as expected he is about as popular as a fart in a space suit.

and worst of all I have to try to erase an image of him and Diane Abbott frolicking naked in a Cotswold field.

Nurse, Nurse.

I wish the shit stirrers like Kendall et al, would hurry up and defect to the Tories once and for all to be honest EMB. Hopefully the Labour party can be an alternative choice again, I feel I can vote again at last. There was no way I would have voted for a Labour party that had just as many Tories in it than the Tories. I would suggest there will be quite a surge from old Labour voters who no longer had a choice on the ballot paper, Greens, non voters, the SNP switched voter, UKIP voters and the 18-25 year olds he's popular with will be quite excited about Corbyn as a choice.

I wouldn't read too much into what the Murdoch press are saying, this is a friendly and an honest face in Westminster, the fact he can appeal to so many age ranges and backgrounds suggests there is more going on than you think.

But I agree with you about Diane Abbott, ewwwwwww.

Nurse, Nurse.

Erm... didn't the first poll show a 3-point jump for Labour? Poll was in the Guardian on Tuesday I think

Thanks for Abbott image btw. That can't be 'unthought'...

Nurse, Nurse.

Not accurate from what I am hearing.

P.s the Royal family can bore off for all I and many other people care.

I wish the shit stirrers like Kendall et al, would hurry up and defect to the Tories once and for all to be honest EMB. Hopefully the Labour party can be an alternative choice again, I feel I can vote again at last. There was no way I would have voted for a Labour party that had just as many Tories in it than the Tories. I would suggest there will be quite a surge from old Labour voters who no longer had a choice on the ballot paper, Greens, non voters, the SNP switched voter, UKIP voters and the 18-25 year olds he's popular with will be quite excited about Corbyn as a choice.

I wouldn't read too much into what the Murdoch press are saying, this is a friendly and an honest face in Westminster, the fact he can appeal to so many age ranges and backgrounds suggests there is more going on than you think.

But I agree with you about Diane Abbott, ewwwwwww.

As I said earlier I am glad there is at last clear water between the parties, I could never vote for him personally, I don't see the friendly and honest face, I don't think a friendly and honest face would taken Mcdonnell onto his front bench, into what is basically the no.2 job.

Erm... didn't the first poll show a 3-point jump for Labour? Poll was in the Guardian on Tuesday I think

Thanks for Abbott image btw. That can't be 'unthought'...

Erm.... these weren't party polls, they were about how he was seen as PM material.

Not accurate from what I am hearing.

P.s the Royal family can bore off for all I and many other people care.

So what are you hearing?

PS:- Again you presume too much, I am also a republican, my point was he gave an incredibly embarrassing BBC interview about what the process of joining the privy council entailed, he has had more than enough time to study the job description.

Nurse, Nurse.

Calm down Es.

If I have understood correctly, the JC and DA fling was undertaken on a motorbike in East Germany so all is OK....

Erm.... these weren't party polls, they were about how he was seen as PM material.

My most humble apologies. Might have helped if you'd at least quoted a source? Regardless, you're initial statement that it's already falling apart (though I imagine it will eventually) is dependant on where you're looking 

All the stuff I see about Corbyn seems related to him not doing or saying things which are considered the norm. i think it's refreshing, I think what you won't get from him is the duplicity and soundbites we are inundated with from elsewhere. If he isn't a royalist he isn't going to pretend he is just please the tory press, I don't know if he is a sports fan, but if he isn't I don't imagine you will get him pretending to be a West Ham/Aston Villa fan or trying to curry favour with people by jumping on bandwagons. As such I will never agree with everything he says, but at the same time I will know where he stands and why, which I can accept much easier than someone saying what he thinks I want to hear.

I think the PMQ's being provided by "ordinary" people is a little bit of genius, I realise that there is a element of filtering because he chooses which question to ask, but at the same time it does create the feeling that the agenda is being set by the people rather than the party or the leader thereof... 

What I think will be interesting is what will happen if the right wing press start to find that their negative spin isn't having any affect and the public are still behind him. Will they shift to curry public favour or will they become even more vitriolic and increase the "lie count"? 
The last but one issue of Private Eye had a great little section headed "how to speak Corbyn" which consisted of what JC actually said followed by the quote that the papers had used, it was a shocking indictment of how they operate and a great reminder to me of why I don't buy newspapers.

What I think will be interesting is what will happen if the right wing press start to find that their negative spin isn't having any affect and the public are still behind him. Will they shift to curry public favour or will they become even more vitriolic and increase the "lie count"? 
The last but one issue of Private Eye had a great little section headed "how to speak Corbyn" which consisted of what JC actually said followed by the quote that the papers had used, it was a shocking indictment of how they operate and a great reminder to me of why I don't buy newspapers.

Thanks to social media I think that people are more aware these days of the character assasinations and lies. Jez knows this, which is why he must take the moral high ground and not get involved in any bitching.

I watched the highlights of PMQ's last night.  It reminded me of how detached they are all are from any kind of reality. If you look at any of the faces in there, there are none that look to have any real life experiences or anything in common with 'us' .  The way they skipped from serious issues like mental illness to some old out of touch bloke asking Cameron about bringing a Rhino into the country is beyond parody.

On the whole Jez didn't come across that well, but he is smart, I think things will gradually get more interesting with time ;)

Thanks to social media I think that people are more aware these days of the character assasinations and lies. Jez knows this, which is why he must take the moral high ground and not get involved in any bitching.

I watched the highlights of PMQ's last night.  It reminded me of how detached they are all are from any kind of reality. If you look at any of the faces in there, there are none that look to have any real life experiences or anything in common with 'us' .  The way they skipped from serious issues like mental illness to some old out of touch bloke asking Cameron about bringing a Rhino into the country is beyond parody.

On the whole Jez didn't come across that well, but he is smart, I think things will gradually get more interesting with time ;)

Why is he out of touch? Because he is old? 

What I love is the horrified outrage of those who think the world will end if they unbutton their suits and loosen their ties :gaah:

Does anything in the world look more ridiculous than ex-footballers wearing suits and ties to talk rowlocks on Sky Sports? I notice that the Corbyn revolution has already hit BT Sports, though ;)

Why is he out of touch? Because he is old? 

Ha, its funny that you mention this. I was thinking the other day that I'm suprised the right wing press have not been ageist towards Corbyn yet.

Glad to know that they wouldn't stoop that low because its one thing I despise. Or maybe they are saving that one in the bank for when things heat up.

Archived