IGNORED

Jeremy Corbyn

Barrs Court Red

yeah, you couldn't imagine Cameron making his best mate Chancellor and giving all his School chums other top jobs could you..................

The same chancellor of the exchequer who I heard is now borrowing £200 MILLION a day.

forgot ur a labour man bill,what's ur opinion on diving in football,if everyone else is doing it it's fine I take it

May be so, certainly a man who escaped justice.

That said, he never invaded British territory, never enslaved any of it's civilians, or murdered any British subjects.  

He murdered plenty of his own though, and was lauded by Thatcher.

As for the Falklands, let's face it, Thatcher and her government were keen for the Islanders to look towards Argentina only a year before the conflict. Tory cuts were to take away the only ship that linked us with the Islands ( HMS Endurance ).

Thatcher had the lowest ratings of any PM ever in 1981, but by inviting the Argies 'on' she manipulated a war.

Callaghan's Labour government sent a task force to the islands a few years before to warn the Argies off. This worked and not one shot was fired.

it's labours long time flag ship policy, 'hate the tories'.

As much as I agree that Labour have a rich history of relying on people to vote for them based on an "I hate the Tories" platform (a laziness which has contributed to their current predicament IMO), I don't think they have ever done anything as utterly scaremongering and baseless as Dave's recent "Labour are now a threat to our national security, our economic security and your families security" statement. I genuinely think that was a new low point in British politics 

As much as I agree that Labour have a rich history of relying on people to vote for them based on an "I hate the Tories" platform (a laziness which has contributed to their current predicament IMO), I don't think they have ever done anything as utterly scaremongering and baseless as Dave's recent "Labour are now a threat to our national security, our economic security and your families security" statement. I genuinely think that was a new low point in British politics 

I'm convinced the Daily Mail / Sun wrote it for him.

It does read like a Katie Hopkins editorial

Glad to say that it seems the tweet from Cameron has backfired on him big time.  I think we have the social media age to thank for that.  Previously we were just told all this shit with no defence or reply.

I saw that a lad replied to the Tweet saying, "Oh piss off".  That got 3,000 retweets alone!

Good first few days for Jez.  Next he has to get all the unions on side. 

There you go, it's like schoolyard jibes "miss, miss he started it and he hit me first, he hit me harder than I hit him, he's naughtier than me".

it's what contributes to many people (except the footballesque lifelong supporters of any party) from engaging in UK politics.

PS:- much of labours reaction to the death of Thatcher was pretty low, instead as usual of looking at themselves for being unelectable during her reign, of course that could never happen again could it?.

Glad to say that it seems the tweet from Cameron has backfired on him big time.  I think we have the social media age to thank for that.  Previously we were just told all this shit with no defence or reply.

I saw that a lad replied to the Tweet saying, "Oh piss off".  That got 3,000 retweets alone!

Good first few days for Jez.  Next he has to get all the unions on side. 

is that to resume the 60's/70's policy of trying to bring down an elected government with strikes?.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

is that to resume the 60's/70's policy of trying to bring down an elected government with strikes?.

It will be worse than France under Hollande, another day another demonstration, another day another strike, or Greece under Syriza. He will have no problem getting the unions onside, another opportunity to strut their stuff and to wreak havoc.

Yes - a real possibility.  But all is fair in love and war.

Sad if they have to resort to it but you can't exactly say the Tories don't exploit other avenues to get power.

Lets see how things develop. Going to be interesting.

It will be worse than France under Hollande, another day another demonstration, another day another strike, or Greece under Syriza. He will have no problem getting the unions onside, another opportunity to strut their stuff and to wreak havoc.

Tell me about it.

Yes - a real possibility.  But all is fair in love and war.

Sad if they have to resort to it but you can't exactly say the Tories don't exploit other avenues to get power.

Lets see how things develop. Going to be interesting.

Wow are you for real?, the use of politically motivated strikes to bring down an elected government, unbelievable, back to mob rule then.

More Daily Mail inspired hysteria...

Not really, try living in France even you would get pissed off.

The union employment book is so big they are reducing the print size so as union officials don't injure their backs carrying it and it increases on average 2 pages every 3 days, an employer has to hold meetings with staff if he wants to change the type of lightbulbs that he uses.

But the best bit is unlike Corbyn, Ms Hollande is actually the president of his country and can change laws to improve the lot of the worker and they are striking for higher pay, lower taxes, job security etc. and what does he do?, he says he supports them, surely the knobhead would be more credible if he did something to help, something that he actually has the power to do?, again one couldn't make it up.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

At the time it was sent out, he'd announced no policies, hadn't finalised his shadow cabinet and was leading a party in opposition, so i'm not going to worry too much about my families welfare at the handsof "Jezzilla" just yet. More melodrama than an episode of Hollyoaks. I have deep misgivings about Corbyn's past and many of the policies he'd see implemented (as well as very much supporting some), but coming (in effect) from the mouth of a sitting prime minister, it's pathetic

At the time it was sent out, he'd announced no policies, hadn't finalised his shadow cabinet and was leading a party in opposition, so i'm not going to worry too much about my families welfare at the handsof "Jezzilla" just yet. More melodrama than an episode of Hollyoaks. I have deep misgivings about Corbyn's past and many of the policies he'd see implemented (as well as very much supporting some), but coming (in effect) from the mouth of a sitting prime minister, it's pathetic

I agree, let's judge by actions as they are rolled out, but it doesn't help when some of his glee club on this forum are already talking about mob rule to get their way, that's not democracy.

I agree, let's judge by actions as they are rolled out, but it doesn't help when some of his glee club on this forum are already talking about mob rule to get their way, that's not democracy.

I agree. As a former union member in a unionised workplace, I hope they remember that they're there to represent workers, not make vast political statements through asking those workers to forgo their wages. Striking has it's place (the new Trade Unions Bill is likely to attract perfectly justifiable industrial action), but it shouldn't be used as a broad political tool, as it was so often in the 70s and 80s

As Corbyn has been an MP for some considerable time as a hard left Labour rebel I think it's fair to say that the Tories had a fair idea of the type of opponent they were dealing with. I suppose they could have waited to see whether or not his opinions were going to change once elected leader.

Apparently there is 'uproar' that he didn't sing the national anthem today. People saying he clearly hates the UK. 

Good on him I say. Why should he have to sing that song?  

I agree Dave who gives a shit.

but she is getting her own back he is going to kneel before the Queen kiss her hand and swear allegiance to her, to join the privy council.

Don't ask me how does that works for such a committed republican?.

no, demoracy in the UK is forming a Government with less than a quarter of the vote, but telling the unions they must get over 50% of any vote before they can use industrial action!!!

no, demoracy in the UK is forming a Government with less than a quarter of the vote, but telling the unions they must get over 50% of any vote before they can use industrial action!!!

Not what I was saying and as usual i'm sure that you realise that, my point is about bringing down a government just by striking and causing chaos and the person I was replying to said "Yes - a real possibility.  But all is fair in love and war", that's mob rule.

I lived through the 70's, but found the 80's and 90's far far worse.

Those 70's drugs have got a lot to answer for.

Archived