IGNORED

Dwight Gayle-Bid Accepted (Merged, And Merged Again And Again)

zombie

Interesting.

Shame we are letting our 15% on Yannick go.

If we were to sign him and if we were to 'let it go' on what basis would it be a shame?

Firstly Bolasie, as of now, has gone nowhere, secondly getting that 15% (if correct) from Palace might take months and thirdly without such a sweetener, if considered such by Palace, then either we could not afford him, would not buy him or Palace would not sell him.

Whichever way you look at it using this sell on fee in such a way is actually very good business and likely to be so for both parties.

So far, this has summed up our attempts this year...high excitement, speculation, and then ultimate disappointment...followed by a signing no one guessed that just appears.

Hope I am wrong on this one, but I really do start to wonder at what stage do we accept that players worth this, with potential and a track record...well...think they can do better than us?

How is it driving up the price when they've accepted our bid? I'd imagine a club would just have to match it.

If CP were aware that the player would never come to us, it would still suit CP to accept our offer in order that a realistic "destination" club for the player places a bid that the "destination" club previously had no intention of bidding

Archived