IGNORED

Dwight Gayle-Bid Accepted (Merged, And Merged Again And Again)

zombie

This is the guy that said we were definitely signing Lingard, yeah?

True, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's right. I imagine Gayle would see it as quite a step down. You'd imagine he would be looking at low prem, top championship really.

Still, hope we can pull this one off somehow! 

It's not rocket science though is it? I can't imagine Gayle will have a burning desire to join us other than if Cotts/Burt can convince him it's the right move. Nixon rules nothing out in his tweet, he's just hedging his bets

Could of said the same about Lingard when this bloke said he was almost certain to join us, the bloke knows nothing.

Alan Nixon ?@reluctantnicko 1m1 minute ago

Dwight Gayle not keen on Bristol City move. Massive offer. Plus an intriguing extra in deal too. Palace won't be happy.

Imagine Gayle is keen on playing in the Premier League rather than dropping down a level; what will prove interesting is whether Palace will want to sell to anyone in the same division as them, as to me it looks like they realise his value as an asset and player, but don't want him off the books so badly that they'll entertain the idea of him playing for a rival.

Not many in this league who I think wouldn't want him, but many have already spent on big money strikers, or have their first choice players in.

Is the patience SC preached paying off? Or will the lad's reticence to move scupper us?

Alan Nixon ?@reluctantnicko   1m1 minute ago

Dwight Gayle not keen on Bristol City move. Massive offer. Plus an intriguing extra in deal too. Palace won't be happy.

Might be rubbish from Nixon, but this is still the issue that worries me most for targets of this sort given our current status as a just promoted team.

We think all players are interested in is money, but all things being equal, even on the same wages, players may still want to play for teams that have in their mind bigger prospects.

Alan Nixon ?@reluctantnicko 1m1 minute ago

Imagine Gayle is keen on playing in the Premier League rather than dropping down a level; what will prove interesting is whether Palace will want to sell to anyone in the same division as them, as to me it looks like they realise his value as an asset and player, but don't want him off the books so badly that they'll entertain the idea of him playing for a rival.

Not many in this league who I think wouldn't want him, but many have already spent on big money strikers, or have their first choice players in.

Is the patience SC preached paying off? Or will the lad's reticence to move scupper us?

Keep looking, Pongo - that happened this morning.....

When the rumour reached three pages I gave up reading. I've wasted far too much time this season reading posts from people "ITK" claiming players are about to sign any minute.

Edit MK II. I've just realised I'm spending my time glued to a thread that might go on for ages with no end result. I'm a sucker for punishment.

If this comes off and a few others...I could see us in September fielding a side similar to this...

-----------------------------------------------------------------Hamar---------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------Another--------------------------------------Flint--------------------------------Williams-----------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------Smith------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fredericks--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Bryan

---------------------------Another----------------------------------------------------------------Freeman-------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------Gayle-----------------Wilbs-----------------------------------------------------------------

Fielding

Pack

Agard

Codger

Ayling

Little

Robinson

Another CB

These loaned or sold....

Burns

Reid

Waggy

El Abd

Ayling losing his place before Williams?

No chance.

Here we go again.

Dear other football clubs,

We are Bristol City and as you may have noticed we have been bidding obscene amounts of money for players that would not join us if we held their mothers to ransom.

Therefore, when we inevitably call on you in desperation at the eleventh hour for your lesser mediocre players, please feel free to ask for the moon on a ****ing stick.

Christ...

At least we now know that SL will back SC with the spondoolies for the right player .

If DG does n't want to come here we go for someone who wants the challenge . :clapping:

I'm in total agreement.It shows good intentions from the board of directors,but if a player does not want to come for what ever reason,then we will move onto the next.

Think Williams is far better suited to Championship....Ayling is being found out too much on counter attack.

Looked to me like Williams didn't even jump for SW's first goal on Saturday.

Ayling's played a full season in the Championship and is a far superior player.

Put it this way, if one of the back 3 is to lose his place it won't be Ayling or Flint.

Archived