IGNORED

Dwight Gayle-Bid Accepted (Merged, And Merged Again And Again)

zombie

Don't know if this has been said already as I haven't read through all of this but...

This sounds alot like the year we got relegated when we spent money on strikers (Baldock and Davies) rather than bolstering our defence by signing Cisse and Bikey...

I hope it's not going to be de ja vu, but with 4 centre backs in a 3 centre back formation we need to get our priorities straight, one of which being El Abd who really hasn't shown his form from Brighton in the slightest, it makes me question whether letting Osborne go was a good idea.

Hopefully SC has his eye on a few defensive players, obviously Maguire would be great and also a defensive mid such as Sam Morsy

Different situation, unless we suffer badly with injuries.

Back then, we lost Shaun Taylor and Tommy Doherty to injury and Shaun Goater on a transfer and only replaced Goater.

This time we have quality through the team except up front. I didn't go to Sheffield on Saturday but it sounded like we had chances when it was 0-0. Had we taken one we could have shut up shop and gone home with a win or a draw.

A sharp forward with Championship experience would make a big difference to our team. Kodjia might get there but he's not Championship-ready just now.

If we lose Flint and Smith for an extended period then we could be in the same situation but I'm still confident that the management could deal with that better now than in 1998.

Plus we've already added a keeper and a full back from Spurs, not Julian Watts..

So currently we have Wilbraham, Agard, Kodjia, Robinson and Burns (though expect him to be utilised more as winger, based off SC use of him).

Wilbs won't be here next year, and as good as he has been for us, and as useful as he may be at times this year, I don't expect him to here once his contract is up, nor starting many once the new folks/Agard are back in.

Robinson is on loan, and so if you take Burns out of the equation, we're realistically looking at two strikers on the books, only one of which has experience at this level (and Robinsom for all his qualities is also inexperienced here).

Isn't that far fetched we'd want another in, and what a signing Gayle might be - though very much a 'might' right now.

Maybe this is what the whole "bargains to be had later in the window" comments were about; may have been working out a deal for sometime.

Trying to get some work done but this is far too exciting. Can people stop panicking about the other positions? It's not a case of if we get a striker we can't fill the other positions. In a perfect world you would fill the positions you need filling first. However this isn't a perfect world. This is the world of football. You have to take each transfer as it comes.

I'm exactly the same... I keep pressing the F5 button on loads of different websites! Can this be for real?

Trying not to get too excited about this as I just can't see every other lower tier Prem club and ambitious Championship club ignoring this now it's clear he's available.

Like it or not, we just won't be in the same league as some of the contenders now this has gone public.

I'm failing though. Massively exciting. Just hope it's not another Lingard situation where we're clearly being used to get interest from bigger clubs.

So when Mrs Tinman offers you oral sex, are you only excited if she also wears stockings, suspenders, stiletto's and silk gloves?

Apologies of course, if she already does all this. If she does, then I prescribe you suck a lemon daily - to wipe the smile off your face! :)

P.S. We would want to strengthen in all those areas, but for now it's a step i the right direction, and a pretty big one at that.

Stockings and suspenders are a must, on all occasions! Maybe it's just because I have seen City go down twice when we have apparently had decent squads that I am concerned we don't repeat mistakes of the past. Remember how happy we all were when Thorpe, Akinbiyi and Anderson signed?

I would agree that if we have signings the lined up then it's all good but just hope we do.

Stockings and suspenders are a must, on all occasions! Maybe it's just because I have seen City go down twice when we have apparently had decent squads that I am concerned we don't repeat mistakes of the past. Remember how happy we all were when Thorpe, Akinbiyi and Anderson signed?

I would agree that if we have signings the lined up then it's all good but just hope we do.

Are you suggesting that you've seen City  go down more often than Mrs Tinman?  :)

I can't believe that the club as it now is, would rush recklessly into a signing like this unless it not only fitted within our budget, but also the plans for the team - including other signings that might be lined up.

Don't know if this has been said already as I haven't read through all of this but...

This sounds alot like the year we got relegated when we spent money on strikers (Baldock and Davies) rather than bolstering our defence by signing Cisse and Bikey...

I hope it's not going to be de ja vu, but with 4 centre backs in a 3 centre back formation we need to get our priorities straight, one of which being El Abd who really hasn't shown his form from Brighton in the slightest, it makes me question whether letting Osborne go was a good idea.

Hopefully SC has his eye on a few defensive players, obviously Maguire would be great and also a defensive mid such as Sam Morsy

I have a feeling this signing will change our formation. As others cotteril was hinting at 3 up front when he signed Robinson .

So wouldn't be suprised to See us go 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 . Thus only needing 2 cbs so if we brought one more cb nd another cm we d be alright on the bench .

That's all if Gayle signs mind you.... Also we wouldn't need a creative midfielder so bad if they had to man Mark Freeman and Gayle .

I have a feeling this signing will change our formation. As others cotteril was hinting at 3 up front when he signed Robinson .

So wouldn't be suprised to See us go 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-3 . Thus only needing 2 cbs so if we brought one more cb nd another cm we d be alright on the bench .

That's all if Gayle signs mind you....

4-4-3 might be a bit risky

So wouldn't be suprised to See us go 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-3 . Thus only needing 2 cbs so if we brought one more cb nd another cm we d be alright on the bench .

That's all if Gayle signs mind you....

4-4-3? I'd love for us to be able to play that.

Trying not to get too excited about this as I just can't see every other lower tier Prem club and ambitious Championship club ignoring this now it's clear he's available.

Like it or not, we just won't be in the same league as some of the contenders now this has gone public.

I'm failing though. Massively exciting. Just hope it's not another Lingard situation where we're clearly being used to get interest from bigger clubs.

All true, and good to keep in mind.

Only thing worth noting is that Lingard hasn't actually gone to any of the other clubs mentioned; we just were told he wasn't keen and presumed that Newvastle and others would gazump us. It's one thing for other clubs to know he's available; it's another for them to act on it.

With Gayle; he's had to continually fight for his place at Palace, and having worked his way from non-league to the Prem - maybe he pragmatic, and realises a season playing week in week out at 24 in the Championship gives him more then sitting on big wages and playing only now and again in the Prem.

I have a feeling this signing will change our formation. As others cotteril was hinting at 3 up front

when he signed Robinson .

So wouldn't be suprised to See us go 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 . Thus only needing 2 cbs so if we brought one more cb nd another cm we d be alright on the bench .

That's all if Gayle signs mind you.... Also we wouldn't need a creative midfielder so bad if they had to man Mark Freeman and Gayle .

I reckon 4-2-3-1 would be a serious option, Gayle has been known to play out wide.....but would be really spend 6mill on a striker to play him out wide??? That would be baffling

It will only be a few minutes before someone says he is no better than Burns who is a League 2 player at best even though most people seemed to find him MOTM last weekend.

this lad is a top player who ever said he isn't any better than burns is talking rubbish or they haven't seen him play.

Wes Burns is nowhere near him him this lad will score 15-20 a season in the championship

Archived