IGNORED

Dwight Gayle-Bid Accepted (Merged, And Merged Again And Again)

zombie

I'm delighted the club are showing this kind of ambition but also surprised as up-front doesn't seem to be the area most in need of investment.  We're going to have 5 forwards, 6 if you count Burns.  Granted Robinson, Agard and Burns can play wide too but that's not really the formation we've been using (though, to be fair, SC did hint about a front three with the Robinson signing).  I wonder if that means we're going to a 4-3-3 once we get the right personnel to play it.

It's great news and will be a massive lift to the club but I hope there's something in the bank for another central defender, a left-back and ideally two midfielders...

Hands up - who immediately googled 'Deighton Gayle' in the hope it was Dwight Gayles birth name !

It actually appeared that Deighton Gayle appears to be the most underused name in the whole world and if you google it now this thread is the lead link :laugh:

Just think Zombie - You have raised the profile of the name 'Deighton Gayle' - in internet terms , significantly , and for ever !!! :D

if true, that is 8m dropped on strikers. Somewhat stunned by this, and hope we have a shilling or two left for the other positions. May also be getting an offer accepted is some distance from agreeing personal terms? As others have said, wonder if this is tied up with Bolaise as well in some way.

Hands up - who immediately googled 'Deighton Gayle' in the hope it was Dwight Gayles birth name !

It actually appeared that Deighton Gayle appears to be the most underused name in the whole world and if you google it now this thread is the lead link :laugh:

Just think Zombie - You have raised the profile of the name 'Deighton Gayle' - in internet terms , significantly , and for ever !!! :D

Perhaps thats the plan? The QPR chairman just googled Deighton, couldn't find a record of him, laughed at little Bristol City signing a no one and went home for the day. Ingenious! 

if true, that is 8m dropped on strikers. Somewhat stunned by this, and hope we have a shilling or two left for the other positions.

The downside of this if it does not come off is we have revealed our hand.... Or budget....so our next approach for any two bit player will be met with an asking price of 6million and not a penny less.

I did say on another thread yesterday that I thought we had another 1 or 2 big signings (apart from JK) on the way. No ITK just a personal hunch and I'm glad my hunch was correct ;)

There are a lot of people on here that come out in a cold sweat when big money is talked about, but there comes a time when we have to cross the line and forget about ever going back to league 1 ever again.

SL I salute you :clapping:

Archived