IGNORED

Dwight Gayle-Bid Accepted (Merged, And Merged Again And Again)

zombie

Hands up - who immediately googled 'Deighton Gayle' in the hope it was Dwight Gayles birth name !

It actually appeared that Deighton Gayle appears to be the most underused name in the whole world and if you google it now this thread is the lead link :laugh:

Just think Zombie - You have raised the profile of the name 'Deighton Gayle' - in internet terms , significantly , and for ever !!! :D

Sorry but I've edited the title to avoid confusion. Fair enough if the rest of the world get confused but I want the info correct for our own. Fingers crossed then....

Been hoping for this one to drop for some time but expected Bolasie to be sold first before we could make it happen financially.

IF we can get this deal over the line, it would be an amazing signing and would certainly show our intention of doing more this season than simply avoiding relegation.

If it is for real and I bloody hope so, what typically happens in these circumstances is Palace buy out City's sell on clause....Thusly keeping the entire proceeds themselves, but City have the cash (in this case IOU) to use upfront.

So I will hazard a guess some of the 6m is the buyout of the sell on! IF THIS IS TRUE!

We must have found a few quid down the back of the Williams stand

Yes they did. The problem is that it was all in shillings, tanners, ha'penny, half crowns  and thruppenybits.

How is this financialy prudent? Cant say this fills me with excitement, more dread that loving within our means has been abandoned.

I think it's the ongoing commitments - i.e. chiefly wages - that the money boys are worried about. One-off payments, like transfer and agents' fees, are a slightly different matter, though that's not to say that we should go throwing SL's cash around like confetti. 

The other possible consideration, as lots of posters have pointed out, is our cut of any Bolassie transaction, which could be substantial and may account for a large slice of this deal.

Archived