IGNORED

Views On The Dolman/south Stand Concourse

Robbored

I was very impressed with it. Great to take a pee without queueing up in pools of piss for ages.

No problems gaining access. Directions were simple and easy to see.

Well done the club.

Glad the new turnstiles worked so well. With our poor record, I half expected the usual fiasco.

However: the new seating in the lower middle of the Dolman has made the exit even narrower than last season. It took longer than in the past to leave my seat in E31 (or D block in old money) and then it took longer to get out of the building than last season.

Expect even more "Dolman early leavers" than ever.

As I was stationary in a vast jam of Dolmanites waiting to leave, I noticed that the South Stand was already virtually empty.

Absolutely fantastic I thought, agree with Rr very efficient turnstile system and great toilets.

I am in dolman and the concourse was great, but the queues looked massive though, not sure if this was just teething issues but looked like if you got their after ht whistle went you would struggle to have a drink before second half.

As for the stand, looked beautiful and so pleased they are now adjoining, looked like a proper modern stadium

Absolutely astounded that all the tickets worked, huge well done on that.

More bogs - good.  Do they have the right balance of gents vs ladies?  

Need to organise the food/drink queues a bit because they were blocking most of the concourse.

Quite surprised we can't exit through the turnstiles, seems a huge waste of time to queue for the double doors when there's a bloody great shutter we could walk through.

Didn't try a pasty but a mate did and seemed happy with it.

All in all the work done looked a lot more impressive than I was expecting, happy with it.

More bogs - good. Do they have the right balance of gents vs ladies?

I would say No...whilst there is an ever increasing female fan base, the overwhelming majority of support is male, and the queues for the gents...almost all of them...against the complete lack of queues for the ladies suggests that the balance is completely wrong.

Thought the crush to get out of the patio doors in the Dolman after the game was ridiculous! How did that get through 'elf n safety?

I think it takes even longer to get out of the ground from my seat in the Dolman than it used to.

Not impressed by the amount of dust on the Dolman seats - who do I send my laundry bill to?

And I thought some of the construction was quite poor quality, the slabs of concrete wall between the upper and lower Dolman don't line up and there are massive areas of fill all over the place!

However, the overall impression is fantastic, great noise coming out of the South Stand and feels like a modern stadium.  Be great when the detailing is finished.

Having got in the Dolman from the Atyeo end, I went to explore the concourse and visit the shop - only to find its outside the ground at the South Stand end. There doesn't appear to be any access from the concourse, so Dolman ticket holders wanting to visit it would have had to approach via Winterstoke Road, then walk the streets to get back the Atyeo end.

Is that going to change - or will we eventually be able to enter using the South Stand turnstiles?

Looks like in the Dolman we have solved one problem and created another. You have to walk down the stairs and through the vomitaries (sp?), everyone from upper and lower have to do the step up/step down thing, and go into the stand. There is no option to walk along where upper meets lower or pitchside like there was. Exiting certainly wasnt quicker today, doesn't bother me as I usually linger but for some who have to rush for buses or trains it might.

The queues for food/drinks did stretch across the width of the concourse which was confusing to walk through, didn't realise it was a queue and wondered what a large group of people were stood around for.

The seats in the Dolman upper were absolutely filthy. I saw several (blokes) bring back loo paper and try to clean them off. I couldn't be bothered to go and get paper and just sat down, dusty jeans now.

The seats in the Dolman upper were absolutely filthy. I saw several (blokes) bring back loo paper and try to clean them off. I couldn't be bothered to go and get paper and just sat down, dusty jeans now.

I draped my jacket over my seat in the south stand and got dust all over the sleeves. A little dissapointing but par for the course I suppose.

Just glad it wasn't an expensive jacket.

Tried to take a walk from the South Stand around to the Dolman but found it very hard work with people either mingling in the middle or queuing back from the kiosks.

As others have mentioned...might be better to have railings that snake around for food outlets and maybe some floor markings with arrows for people walking to and from the ss/Dolman.

For the first time I ENJOYED a Cornish pasty!!

Yay.

Nephew enjoyed his steak and ale pie too.

Good signs.

Loved what's been done, a great experience.

A 'snag' was the dusty seats.

The shop could actually do with an orderly queuing system - why block the centre if the shop?!

Same goes for the food queues. Need a orderly system. Many peeps kept walking through the middle of it and the queues were a bit of a jumble!!

I would say No...whilst there is an ever increasing female fan base, the overwhelming majority of support is male, and the queues for the gents...almost all of them...against the complete lack of queues for the ladies suggests that the balance is completely wrong.

The balance is right, its just that the ladies should drink more :yawn:

But surely you blokes have more capacity in your blocks, I mean you have urinals don't you. How many blokes at once can use your toilet block? I didn't count but in the ladies there are 10 or 12 loos I guess you have more?

But surely you blokes have more capacity in your blocks, I mean you have urinals don't you. How many blokes at once can use your toilet block? I didn't count but in the ladies there are 10 or 12 loos I guess you have more?

There're metallic trenches that stretch the whole length of the bog area. Loads of blokes stood next to each other...

Yep...More capacity and urinals were full, cubicles were full and queues were still out of both doors, with none outside the ladies at the same time....not too sure what other indications of an imbalance is needed tbh...

What I couldn't work out was why there were queues for the toilets ( they did move quick though) as previously in dolman we had 1 toilet one end and another the other end which had a queue but now we have more toilets with equal queues. Does this mean people didn't bother to go before or did everyone decide to have a few beers today as was sunny?

We sit in the Dolman stand and entered through the south stand and used the kiosks where we received the 10% discount for season ticket holders. However , at half time when we used the kiosk just around the corner we were told the 10% discount didn't count in that kiosk despite selling exactly the same product , what's that all about??

Archived