IGNORED

Views On The Dolman/south Stand Concourse

Robbored

I would say No...whilst there is an ever increasing female fan base, the overwhelming majority of support is male, and the queues for the gents...almost all of them...against the complete lack of queues for the ladies suggests that the balance is completely wrong.

You may be forgetting that our Ashton Gate is turning into a rugby stadium. I am not a rugger fan but I believe there are more female rugger fans than female football fans, hence more female wc. Also, Butcombe pints were ready at half time but no Cider or Lager for the Lager louts (oh they are coming in the week)

To contradict myself, our Ashton Gate is turning into a great stadium.

No you don't. You can opt to not buy the item after all, but they don't have to charge you the lower price.

I thought that - if you bought something in a supermarket at the advertised price and at the check out was more then you pay the advertised price. That's happened twice to me in Tesco in Nailsea and the supervisor explained that the advertised price is all they can charge you.

I assumed that applied across the board.

I got out of the ground in next to no time from the Dolman, I left at the final whistle sat in E31 possibly fastest I've got out.

The queue for the half time stuff was slow so had to give up, that's my only gripe maybe do a soft drink and food with bottled beers in one kiosk and alcohol kiosk the next could reduce queues.

I thought that - if you bought something in a supermarket at the advertised price and at the check out was more then you pay the advertised price. That's happened twice to me in Tesco in Nailsea and the supervisor explained that the advertised price is all they can charge you.

It does. It is an offer for sale and they cannot charge a higher price. I believe they can withdraw it from sale but after drawing the pint I would say they have agreed the sale at that price.

False advertising otherwise

I got out of the ground in next to no time from the Dolman, I left at the final whistle sat in E31 possibly fastest I've got out.

The queue for the half time stuff was slow so had to give up, that's my only gripe maybe do a soft drink and food with bottled beers in one kiosk and alcohol kiosk the next could reduce queues.

I said that yesterday , bottle bars near a rear wall could help.

It does. It is an offer for sale and they cannot charge a higher price. I believe they can withdraw it from sale but after drawing the pint I would say they have agreed the sale at that price.

That's how I understand it.

All looks great, but I was surprised that it now takes even longer to get out of the Dolman. Despite the new voms, getting down the steps from the back was no quicker and then exiting the concourse took a while as we all have to squeeze through a couple of small doors. First home game, so hopefully will improve as everyone gets used to it.

Been to Temple Meads today and noticed the turnstiles they have to get onto the platform. They have two large flipper type things that open to let you in. If we had that they could be set in the open position at the end so people can walk through them. Also stop the kids just walking straight under them as I witnessed yesterday.

My exit from E31 was better than it's ever been. Straight into the concourse, out via the South Stand into the Winterstoke Road car park in no time. Definitely quicker than via the Atyeo and Williams car park route of the past.

If you were based closer to your destination it comes as no surprise it was quicker.

A massive positive from Saturday. No queue for a half time leak. That said, the first bank of toilets I walked past had a massive queue, the one almost opposite had no queue. Guessing that over the coming weeks this will all even out as people get more familiar with what has been installed.

Less positive; the seats were filthy. Wouldn't have taken much to hose them down.

Also, some bins/recycling stations would be helpful.

All said, really impressed.

Is it just me or did it seem like a completely different ground. Not in a negative way at all but after 40 years of watching us it just seems really weird. Just remembering the old open air piss troughs at the williams side of the east end and holes in the east end roof in the early eighties, seems a life time ago.

It will be something to be really proud of when finished :yes:  

He's right, the idea they have to charge you the shelf price when something is mislabelled by mistake is a myth. Supermarkets sometimes will anyway.

The Tesco supervisor told me that they had to honour the price on the shelf regardless. I wrongly assumed that there must be legislation on the matter. I never bothered to check tho...

There's a building site opposite and a breeze in from the Portway. I'd imagine dust is a lesson learned for future games cus it won't improve for a while yet, and not really in the club's control.

The Tesco supervisor told me that they had to honour the price on the shelf regardless. I wrongly assumed that there must be legislation on the matter. I never bothered to check tho...

He is wrong. The case on it is Fisher v Bell. It's not the retailer making the offer, when you turn up at the till you offer to buy their goods and it is for them to accept or reject.

their internal policy may be to price match.

So what is Nick on about?

Maybe their store policy is to match the advertised price as a good will gesture (within reason), but the law doesn't force them to - you can't force the shop to sell you something, so they can effectively just say "Here's the real price or we wont sell it" I suppose! If you have already paid however, and then as you're on your way out the door they notice they made a mistake then that's tough luck for them.

If the queues for food/drink were smaller, more people would join the queue. We'll always have big queues.

Maybe their store policy is to match the advertised price as a good will gesture (within reason), but the law doesn't force them to - you can't force the shop to sell you something, so they can effectively just say "Here's the real price or we wont sell it" I suppose! If you have already paid however, and then as you're on your way out the door they notice they made a mistake then that's tough luck for them.

That's as I thought. Else you'd have people deliberately amending price tags for personal gain.

5 Minutes into the half time break and there was about 4 people in the bog I used (I think it was the one under S25 or close to it).

That is discusting. I know it was busy but when I sit on the chod bin the last thing I should have to do is share it with others at the same time. Fellow reds or not.

Come on Bristol Sport, we're not French. Or George Michael. Sort it out.

He is wrong. The case on it is Fisher v Bell. It's not the retailer making the offer, when you turn up at the till you offer to buy their goods and it is for them to accept or reject.

their internal policy may be to price match.

Is this not different in licensed premises?  Isn't the price list supposed to show accurate prices?

I think a lot of us will, although I believe the club think not many will switch.

Hopefully there will be a period in the season ticket selling programme for us to switch before they go on general sale.

It'll be a bloody big place to fill, Drew. Bigger than the South Stand. I reckon there will be room for me and thee there.

It'll be a bloody big place to fill, Drew. Bigger than the South Stand. I reckon there will be room for me and thee there.

I'm guessing it will also be the most expensive place to sit too, but if they make it comparable to the Dolman now I can see as mass exodus from the Dolman, why would we stay?

Is this not different in licensed premises? Isn't the price list supposed to show accurate prices?

Under contract law no, it (the price list) is not recognised as an offer. But they may fall foul of other advertising regulations.

Whether there may be conditions upon licences or if that would be typical I don't know. There could be other pressures though; if they've signed up to a trade representative or have some best practice recognition it could be required to maintain that.

Under contract law no, it (the price list) is not recognised as an offer. But they may fall foul of other advertising regulations.

Whether there may be conditions upon licences or if that would be typical I don't know. There could be other pressures though; if they've signed up to a trade representative or have some best practice recognition it could be required to maintain that.

I thought it was part of the licencing laws, a requirement for an accurate price list of the most common drinks to be on display, but I am no expert. I can feel a Google coming on......

Yes for sure, but I expect we all want to sit in the equivalent, but opposite, from where we are now in the Dolman - and many of the old Wiliamsers will want to move back to approximately where they were I expect, so a high demand for certain seats I fear.

Archived