IGNORED

Views On The Dolman/south Stand Concourse

Robbored

The Tesco supervisor told me that they had to honour the price on the shelf regardless. I wrongly assumed that there must be legislation on the matter. I never bothered to check tho...

The price displayed on any product is not the price a shop must sell it for. It's just "an invitation to treat". They are inviting you to make an offer and they can accept or decline your offer as they choose. Many shops honour the price shown as its good PR to do so, but there is no legal obligation.

The price displayed on any product is not the price a shop must sell it for. It's just "an invitation to treat". They are inviting you to make an offer and they can accept or decline your offer as they choose. Many shops honour the price shown as its good PR to do so, but there is no legal obligation.

Has as been said the price advertised has not got to be honoured but it is normally good customer service to charge that what has been advertised even if a mistake has been made. In fact on two recent occassions in Tesco the price charged at the till was in excess to the prices on the shelf. When queried I was sent to Customer Services who checked and I was refunded " double the difference " in the advertised and the charged price. So was actually better off for the errors but that is just Tescos policy.

Wonder if that lot from North Bristol will get the same deal from Sainsburys.

If the queues for food/drink were smaller, more people would join the queue. We'll always have big queues.

That's the wrong attitude to have. The quicker you can serve people, the more money you've got going into the tills. There's no point having these wonderful new facilities if we're not going to use them. Personally I'd rather the club get more money through pre match and halftime sales of drinks and grub than that money go to the surrounding outlets simply because people have the attitude that there will always be queues.

Instead why not use the feedback email to suggest bottle/can bars along the back wall of the concourse? Or smaller snack stands that sell crisps and chocolate for the kids etc.

The club will get it right, but we as fans need to support the facilities they've provided for us.

That's the wrong attitude to have. The quicker you can serve people, the more money you've got going into the tills. There's no point having these wonderful new facilities if we're not going to use them. Personally I'd rather the club get more money through pre match and halftime sales of drinks and grub than that money go to the surrounding outlets simply because people have the attitude that there will always be queues.

Instead why not use the feedback email to suggest bottle/can bars along the back wall of the concourse? Or smaller snack stands that sell crisps and chocolate for the kids etc.

The club will get it right, but we as fans need to support the facilities they've provided for us.

I'm not expressing a negative view. I'm simply saying that if queues are shortened then those who haven't bothered to use the food facilities previously will choose to do so.

I thought it was part of the licencing laws, a requirement for an accurate price list of the most common drinks to be on display, but I am no expert. I can feel a Google coming on......

Could well be, licensing etc is not something I'm very familiar with. Certainly under contract law there is no compulsion restricted item or not - in Fisher v Bell the item displayed was a flick knife and the actual crux of the case was whether this amounted to offering for sale an offensive weapon. There are also provisions within the Sale of Goods Act 1979, but the relevant sections are not on my figertips right now. Online sales it's much less clear cut.

As for licensing and if it is a condition that still might not be enough to aid Joe Punter anyway. The licence is not something punter could necessarily rely upon as it governs licensor v licensee relationship. Any problems may be only for the licensor to pursue at their whim.

My two boys were very impressed with the little stall in the community corner giving away free smoothies. My worries about the adjoining wall were unfounded (thankfully the elder one is tall for his age, and 3 seats along was enough for my youngest to see all the pitch). Toilet access and quality was definately better than before!

Add to that the family to our left (and behind us) seemed like great people - I'll miss the people that had been around me in Dolman D (and the view), but result notwithstanding it was a cracking beginning to our new tenure in E27 and hopefully the beginning of new friendships

My two boys were very impressed with the little stall in the community corner giving away free smoothies. My worries about the adjoining wall were unfounded (thankfully the elder one is tall for his age, and 3 seats along was enough for my youngest to see all the pitch). Toilet access and quality was definately better than before!

Add to that the family to our left (and behind us) seemed like great people - I'll miss the people that had been around me in Dolman D (and the view), but result notwithstanding it was a cracking beginning to our new tenure in E27 and hopefully the beginning of new friendships

They were free?  Dammit....I saw those and realised I had no money on me, so didn't bother asking how much!  D'oh!

Good job toilet access was better if they helped themselves at the smoothie stall!

• Admin

Sorry if mentioned but did anyone spot the bricks we bought many moons ago?

When I asked DL about a year ago about this, he was unsure what was going to happen - they were not going to be part of the new build in the South Stand, am sure that there was some mention of them being used somewhere else...

The new memorial garden?

Archived