IGNORED

Atmosphere...

BUTOR

I thought the flags in the Atyeo looked great but I've just been reading on Twitter that some people have been complaining to the club about them.

I hope the club don't make a knee jerk reaction and ban them, personally I'd like to see a lot more in there.

It's an unreserved stand so people can always move if they don't like them.

Got to be a wind up surly.

Got to be a wind up surly.

Nope - after complaints DaveL (representing the club) is looking at banning/restricting them.

These were waved in one small part of a much larger unreserved area - if people don't like them they can easily move to another area. It is not even as if the area in which the flags were being waved has the best view.

It probably won't make any difference, but I have contacted DaveL and others to point out how I fully support the flags and if others support them I suggest you do the same. Hopefully it will turn out that those objecting are the "noisy minority".

Nope - after complaints DaveL (representing the club) is looking at banning/restricting them.

These were waved in one small part of a much larger unreserved area - if people don't like them they can easily move to another area. It is not even as if the area in which the flags were being waved has the best view.

It probably won't make any difference, but I have contacted DaveL and others to point out how I fully support the flags and if others support them I suggest you do the same. Hopefully it will turn out that those objecting are the "noisy minority".

You'd think so but unfortunately Dave L seemed pretty serious.

I was in the corner right behind them,if i felt it was a problem i would have moved  :facepalm:

Have you got a link..?

It would be a short memory were the club to forget the inequity of pandering to the vocal minority.

The club should issue a short curt reply reminding individuals it is an unreserved area and offer the few a move to the reserved seats.

Perhaps it would take something as simple as the flagwaivers making sure they leave plenty of space in front for an unobstructed view for those who insist upon it... Which I thought they did.

As an unreserved section of a stand it seems a bit disappointing that people can't move sideways or downwards. I'm not being narrow-minded I just don't think it's too much to ask rather than complaining. Perhaps they assumed all other seats would be taken and maybe after Saturday people who find the flags a hindrance will place themselves along a block or two? After all, the far section of the Atyeo (where the flags were) is probably the least desirable place of the entire stadium now.

The club have allowed the flags to begin with so hopefully they can accept a compromise.

Just watched the football league show on Channel 5 and thought that the crowd looked really close to the pitch in both the Dolman and the South Stand - comes across as looking very good.

As someone else said, the fans in the South Stand looked great when celebrating the goals - gives us a large bank of fans unseen since the East End terrace days.

Underneath the South Stand and Dolman, did anybody else think it was very noisy? Imagine what it would be like for a proper derby under there when everybody is up for it :-)

The noise was the first thing I noticed as I walked in. Hundreds of voices all trying to get heard above others.

Any further updates today? Do we know yet whether the flags will be flying tomorrow?

Part of me wishes we sign Andre Gray and he mentions the flags in his first interview - that will really annoy BS!

Yes, the club have agreed for flags to be waved during the game in the corner block of the Atyeo, and anywhere during half time and pre match.

Yes, the club have agreed for flags to be waved during the game in the corner block of the Atyeo, and anywhere during half time and pre match.

I'd rather that they could be waved anywhere behind the walkway in the middle of the stand, but it's better than nothing I suppose.

Lets see what it'll be like on Wednesday.. my money is on it being rather louder and more hostile..

Marginally more hostile in the Dolman. More animated at the end obviously. Louder probably not. Leeds louder and having a range of very varied songs compared to City fans and Brentford, but over all the atmosphere was not on par with previous years.

Marginally more hostile in the Dolman. More animated at the end obviously. Louder probably not. Leeds louder and having a range of very varied songs compared to City fans and Brentford, but over all the atmosphere was not on par with previous years.

Couldnt hear Leeds from the Ateyo, shows how the acoustics in that end are rubbish! 

Archived