IGNORED

Atmosphere...

BUTOR

Just watched the football league show on Channel 5 and thought that the crowd looked really close to the pitch in both the Dolman and the South Stand - comes across as looking very good.

As someone else said, the fans in the South Stand looked great when celebrating the goals - gives us a large bank of fans unseen since the East End terrace days.

Underneath the South Stand and Dolman, did anybody else think it was very noisy? Imagine what it would be like for a proper derby under there when everybody is up for it :-)

It was pretty loud from the Dolman, can't understand how anyone can describe it as a morgue - other than the second half when the whole ground was.

As someone else said, seeing and hearing it when Kodjia scored was great.

It was pretty loud from the Dolman, can't understand how anyone can describe it as a morgue ... The South Stand looks sedentary and although described as "superb" the sound only traveled to areas of the Dolman stand when goals were scored.

The aesthetics of the South Stand could also be described as anodyne, which unlike the acoustics of the stand is something the fans within could maybe affect if they see fit.

It was pretty loud from the Dolman, can't understand how anyone can describe it as a morgue - other than the second half when the whole ground was.

As someone else said, seeing and hearing it when Kodjia scored was great.

the roar was immense when kodjia scored. Some great times in the South stand to come

It was pretty loud from the Dolman, can't understand how anyone can describe it as a morgue ... The South Stand looks sedentary and although described as "superb" the sound only traveled to areas of the Dolman stand when goals were scored.

The aesthetics of the South Stand could also be described as anodyne, which unlike the acoustics of the stand is something the fans within could maybe affect if they see fit.

Agree about the aesthetics, from the roof to the general layout and design it's unspectacular. Disappointing in my opinion.

Obviously the facilities and view are much better, but with a few tweaks they could have made a very impressive design structurally.

Agree about the aesthetics, from the roof to the general layout and design it's unspectacular. Disappointing in my opinion.

Obviously the facilities and view are much better, but with a few tweaks they could have made a very impressive design structurally.

Fans won't be redesigning stands, but in regards to the Dolman Bristol Sport have been asked how fans feedback will be gathered post decoration. The reply could highlight how fans can affect aesthetics, at least on a match day as fans in the Atyeo singing section have been able to.

You are kidding?? One af the quietest away followings I can remember for a decent number of fans in a game they are winning. Also puts to rest the claim our fans are the only to sit at the front in away games in the championship.

How they can claim a great atmosphere is beyond me

It definitely wasn't great. As for the sitting/standing issue it does my head in that we don't all stand but the fact is we're a reasonably small, local club with fans of various ages and a lot of our fans who go home and away are at an age where standing all game is a bit much. Much as many of us myself included want us all to stand we're in no place to demand elderly fans who've been going to Brentford since before we were born do so. Having said that at big games such as Fulham away we managed over 6,000 of us standing all game but it'd have been an embarrassment not to. 

At the Atyeo end of the Dolman the SS was very quiet. With Leeds fans alongside I doubt we'll hear them much on weds.

The sound dissipated.

If the reduced away allocation and evening kick off has not pacified what is normally a quite vocal support, it will be interesting. It may be a case of hearing at the Atyeo end of the Dolman virtually only the Leeds support.

I think the Dolman could've been a bit more vocal today. Both end stands were in reasonable form (though I must hasten to add that something about the Atyeo design does not lend itself well to amplifying singing :( )

To be fair the standers and shouters have been through a lot. First it was a block in the dust and gloom of a corner of the Eastend. Then it was fronting up a building site in a corner of the Williams. Now its a case of fronting up another building site in yet another corner almost in Wickes car park. Somebody doesn't like them at all. Good lads for sticking with it says I.

At the Atyeo end of the Dolman the SS was very quiet. With Leeds fans alongside I doubt we'll hear them much on weds.

And vice versa. From the SS end of the Dolman rarely heard the Atyeo but there was clearly plenty going on because of the flag waving.  Be interesting to see if it all changes as the Williams emerges out of the ground.

In the meantime I hope this doesn't descend into a pissing contest about singing, true supporters and leaving early................

I was sat in the Dolman, next to the visiting fans, so maybe that was why. First time ever, not brought a ST this year due to work commitments.

I didn't really rate the Brentford fans.

They seem like that new type of away support who sing songs like "everywhere we go". So glad we don't sing rubbish like that.

Atmosphere started well but fizzled out.

Terrible atmosphere I thought, was in the Dolman and it was silent. Silent in the SS, which I expected, and Atyeo was poor 95% of the game.

Completely outsung by Brentford fans throughout the entire game.

Hahahahahaha

I suppose you were nearer the Brentford fans but in the centre of the atyeo it was easiest to judge and there was no contest until the final 10 minutes. We were not extremly loud but miles louder than what they produced

Hahahahahaha

I suppose you were nearer the Brentford fans but in the centre of the atyeo it was easiest to judge and there was no contest until the final 10 minutes. We were not extremly loud but miles louder than what they produced

It isn't unreasonable for him to think that. The singing sections are located towards the corner of the ateyo where there is a great big noise dissipating void.

Those in the Ateyo know it was very good. Those outside the Ateyo can be excused for not hearing it.

If the club switched sides so the away fans were in the corner occupied by the unreserved section I bet it'd make a marked difference.

Soon as the Williams structure is up it will improve anyhow.

It was very strange that I could see your fans to our right singing and clapping but barely hear it. A bit like at the Ealing Road end in our ground I think there may be an acoustic problem.

Didn't hear a thing from the other 2 stands. Poor effort from the majority, particularly considering it was your first game of the season and you scored after 2 minutes.

Thought that a lot of our fans were poor too. Felt like only a couple of hundred of us sang throughout the game, most only joined in after the goals and last 10 minutes.

If the club switched sides so the away fans were in the corner occupied by the unreserved section I bet it'd make a marked difference.

Mother of God after one game some mean s o b wants to move the unreserved discount brigade vermin closer to our more expensive seats ...

Reckon you are bang on though.

So, summing up........the Atyeo, very loud and quiet. The South Stand incredibly loud and like a morgue. The away fans best and worst we've had. Well that's nice and clear.

I think people are just remembering different bits of the game. I thought the first 30 minutes was a great atmosphere, really impressed with the SS noise, I was closer to that end. Atyeo, as noisy as expected.

The rest of the game understandably quieter all round, especially the SS.

It isn't unreasonable for him to think that. The singing sections are located towards the corner of the ateyo where there is a great big noise dissipating void.

Those in the Ateyo know it was very good. Those outside the Ateyo can be excused for not hearing it.

Soon as the Williams structure is up it will improve anyhow.

Going back sometime dont think the atyeo has ever led the ground and that was with a williams there. if Bristol sport switched the sides that might change. the numbers are bigger now and the away fans can now been seen and heard unlike years back when a tunnell masked the corner meaning you could not hear fans or see City fans in the corner seven eight metes away. BS are considering putting the away fans in the Dolman a - b. If the club switched sides so the away fans were in the corner occupied by the unreserved section that could make an interesting trial. Forest do something like this and it works very well.

I just think its strange that you have our fans stuck in that corner of the Atyeo adrift from the rest of our support, with the away fans in the middle between them and the Dolman, I would have thought it would be a better to switch them around so they could be possibly be a wall of sound so to speak leading from the Atyeo through the Dolman and into the South Stand. 

I just think its strange that you have our fans stuck in that corner of the Atyeo adrift from the rest of our support, with the away fans in the middle between them and the Dolman, I would have thought it would be a better to switch them around so they could be possibly be a wall of sound so to speak leading from the Atyeo through the Dolman and into the South Stand. 

But then you would have the away fans around the players tunnel..

Changing the subject slightly but one thing I noticed Saturday is that I couldn't see any notice for away fans. The singers in the Atyeo stand and Brentford fans were just mingling with each other and some of the away supporters had no idea where to go.

Just thinking it might not go so smoothly on Wednesday night...

Archived