IGNORED

Atmosphere...

BUTOR

Thought it was good in the atyeo today although it understandably drifted off towards the end of the second half but the flags looked great and it got very loud at times, some really good moments. Just nice to have a end that's we can do as we like with again.

Didn't hear the other stands but they looked class on the outside.

Just posted this on Atyeo thread

Atyeo looked fantastic from the Dolman, reminded me of a medieval army with all the flags and banners!

Sound doesn't travel well to the dolman though, could see the Atyeo lot singing but couldn't hear brilliantly. Hopefully will improve as each game goes on.

Really nice moment applauding the board as they came out almost like a "thank you" for the rebuild.

Some loud moments and sound travels well but the SS will become an Atyeo mk2 I fear.. Early days though

Atyeo looked and sounded good from the SS. Thought the new stand made decent noise at times.

With hindsight I would have probably got a ST in the Atyeo as view for my 12 y/o is crap in SS when everyone stands up. At least in unreserved Atyeo I could have taken her to the front like we did in old E/E

A lot of ateyo noise was towards the Williams corner where the flags were. It would have drifted out.

Little we can do about it because of the reserved blocks being treated as a sit down divider. Sounds going to drift, a result of design of fans' location and the Williams being gone. Perhaps something for the club to reassess (positioning of the unreserved blocks).

Only with the Williams up can it be judged.

I think the Dolman could've been a bit more vocal today. Both end stands were in reasonable form (though I must hasten to add that something about the Atyeo design does not lend itself well to amplifying singing :( )

I don't think it even travels well across the stand itself cause Brentford fans seem to think they had a worldie of an atmosphere but even the cheers when they scored were a bit faint!!

I thought the noise from the SS was superb, when they got going it was very impressive from the lower Dolman, loads better than the old east end.

I didn't like the look of the Atyeio,, loads of empty seats at the front does nothing for the aesthetics of the stadium..

I thought the noise from the SS was superb, when they got going it was very impressive from the lower Dolman, loads better than the old east end.

I didn't like the look of the Atyeio,, loads of empty seats at the front does nothing for the aesthetics of the stadium..

Interesting, I was higher in the Dolman and when the SS got going it was good - but for most of the game very quiet.

Atyeo looks dated now - hoping one day they gut it, improve the rake and roof and put in safe standing to give us a proper "end" - the SS isn't that for me at all. Here's hoping!

I don't think it even travels well across the stand itself cause Brentford fans seem to think they had a worldie of an atmosphere but even the cheers when they scored were a bit faint!!

You are kidding?? One af the quietest away followings I can remember for a decent number of fans in a game they are winning. Also puts to rest the claim our fans are the only to sit at the front in away games in the championship.

How they can claim a great atmosphere is beyond me

You are kidding?? One af the quietest away followings I can remember for a decent number of fans in a game they are winning. Also puts to rest the claim our fans are the only to sit at the front in away games in the championship.

How they can claim a great atmosphere is beyond me

I wish all our fans stood away, looks great when a large following is all stood.

but the SS will become an Atyeo mk2 I fear.. Early days though

No blame attached to individuals, but the SS was a morgue. No colour, no flags, no presence.

First game might be different, but a concourse of beer means nobody appears until 5 mins before kickoff and the music blaring is a ****ING joke.

We are a long way from the atmospheres generated only 7/8 years ago. It's quite sad.

No blame attached to individuals, but the SS was a morgue. No colour, no flags, no presence.

First game might be different, but a concourse of beer means nobody appears until 5 mins before kickoff and the music blaring is a ****ING joke.

We are a long way from the atmospheres generated only 7/8 years ago. It's quite sad.

Cant hear the ss from Dolman A or E ??whatever it is called now and cant hear that much of the Atyeo singing section either until they did really get going. Unfortunately the Brentford fans due to their proximity could be heard droning on regularly. early days though.

Ss was alright first 30 minutes and a few bursts in the 2nd half.

I didn't hear the ateyo much but that will be the norm unless they are really loud and whilst the Williams Stand is an empty space. The ateyo did look great with flags.

Also have to still have to ask whyyy we have to have pre match music so loud! Especially with 10 mins before kick off I feel fans would want to make noise if it wasn't for the blaring music .

Ss was alright first 30 minutes and a few bursts in the 2nd half.

I didn't hear the ateyo much but that will be the norm unless they are really loud and whilst the Williams Stand is an empty space. The ateyo did look great with flags.

Also have to still have to ask whyyy we have to have pre match music so loud! Especially with 10 mins before kick off I feel fans would want to make noise if it wasn't for the blaring music .

Blaring music = crowd control. Nobody likes it except the suits.

I thought the atmosphere was good yesterday. One thing I did notice was the change in acoustic. Even during a quite phase of the game there still seem a buzz around the ground which was quite different than before.

I did find yesterday slightly eerie and surreal not in a bad.

I thought the atmosphere was good yesterday. One thing I did notice was the change in acoustic. Even during a quite phase of the game there still seem a buzz around the ground which was quite different than before.

I did find yesterday slightly eerie and surreal not in a bad.

It does seem that people's perception of atmosphere is quite different based on location. Acoustics will be badly affected by the missing Williams.

Visually though, the SS looked like any singing was being done with hymn books in hand. Couldn't see anything happening.

I did find yesterday slightly eerie and surreal not in a bad a way.]

Looked brill, the reaction to the goals. Never had a huge bank erupt like that at the Gate before ! :clap:  :clap:

this. couldnt wait to see a goal scored to see what it would be like, was great when we didnt have to wait long and the pre match anticipation was still buzzing about. looked great from the block formally know as dolman block b!

The Atyeo singing section could turn out to be too far away from the other stands to affect them. For periods yesterday from the Dolman it was hard to discern if there was any noise being created despite the sight of arms in motion and the flags constantly above heads etc.

Regarding flags in other stands. Supporters did enquire about this last year. This space in the Dolman being turned into a red wall of colour has been enquired about consistently.

DSC00401.jpg

There are designs, stickers, ideas ready, and fans funding in place to do it. The South Stand can also be included. All that is required is Bristol Sports yes.

Archived