IGNORED

Atmosphere...

BUTOR

Couldnt hear Leeds from the Ateyo, shows how the acoustics in that end are rubbish!

And it is hard to hear the City fans the other side unless the away support is silent, which will not help the atmosphere generally.

On another topic. The red and white Robin flag last night looked very good, but dos it really have to be tucked away so far into the corner that those using it struggle because of proximity of the roof and wall. Bristol Sport if you are reading this "that is ludicrous!"

People moaning about the flags ?!? Must be a joke surely - didn't know our Supporters Liasion Officer sat up there. They're brilliant. Adds great colour and vibrancy to the ground.

Pity these complainers don't sod off and start watching bowls or ballroom dancing - be a better fit for their match watching habits.

And it is hard to hear the City fans the other side unless the away support is silent, which will not help the atmosphere generally.

On another topic. The red and white Robin flag last night looked very good, but dos it really have to be tucked away so far into the corner that those using it struggle because of proximity of the roof and wall. Bristol Sport if you are reading this "that is ludicrous!"

I was thinking about this. Why is the "compromise" for the flags to be shoved in the corner block? Why don't they tell everyone who doesn't like the flags to go there and for the flags to be in the more central blocks?

People moaning about the flags ?!? Must be a joke surely - didn't know our Supporters Liasion Officer sat up there. They're brilliant. Adds great colour and vibrancy to the ground.

Pity these complainers don't sod off and start watching bowls or ballroom dancing - be a better fit for their match watching habits.

Bristol Sport - Bristol City - The Supporters Liaison Officer should be spinning it on its head and stating " We want more of this, they are brilliant and we will work to make the ground more vibrant and colourful not less !"

Bristol Sport - Bristol City - The Supporters Liaison Officer should be spinning it on its head and stating " We want more of this, they are brilliant and we will work to make the ground more vibrant and colourful not less !"

I think they want an easy life if possible.

• SC&T Board Members

Could not agree more! Just look at the way Palace have helped the HF to grow and even look at what's going on at Watford. The ultra-style fans who want to generate non-stop noise and colour can only do so much on their own. They also need real encouragement from their clubs / owners.

While DL has certainly helped the fans in the Atyeo with arrangements for this season, there is always more that can be done to help this movement grow. And, as you say, positive PR 'spin' from BS would be very helpful. The fans need to know that their efforts are appreciated and that BCFC/BS genuinely want them to get bigger and better.

Thought the atmosphere was dreadful compared to EE/Williams.

Didn't help with one guy fighting with our own fans in the Atyeo, singing about Galatasaray and a few bit back.

As soon as Agard scored the atmosphere stepped up as expected.

It's nice having new areas of the ground and stuff.. But last night I looked over at the SS and realised how much I miss the EE being there! Especially for a night game..

Thought the atmosphere was dreadful compared to EE/Williams.

Didn't help with one guy fighting with our own fans in the Atyeo, singing about Galatasaray and a few bit back.

As soon as Agard scored the atmosphere stepped up as expected.

Not as good compared to EE but miles better compared to the Williams and that'll be clear over the course of the season

• SC&T Board Members

Not as good compared to EE but miles better compared to the Williams and that'll be clear over the course of the season

Sitting now in the SS, it is also already clear that the sound from fans in the Atyeo carries the length of the pitch better than it used to from either the EE or the Williams. The SS itself and the wrap-around roof to the Dolman have also created good acoustics and a bit of an echo at the SS end. Contrary to what some feared, it is clear that when the West Stand is built and the ground becomes almost fully enclosed, the place is going to rock.

After the initial enquiry several months ago, and last season this is the Bristol Sport response to a question regarding the displaying of flags on the walls of the Dolman stand.

"We have given supporters in the Atyeo some leeway in terms of creating imagery, flags etc in that part of the ground, such as existed in the old East End. There are no plans to allow this in any other part of the stadium".

Could not agree more! Just look at the way Palace have helped the HF to grow and even look at what's going on at Watford. The ultra-style fans who want to generate non-stop noise and colour can only do so much on their own. They also need real encouragement from their clubs / owners.

While DL has certainly helped the fans in the Atyeo with arrangements for this season, there is always more that can be done to help this movement grow. And, as you say, positive PR 'spin' from BS would be very helpful. The fans need to know that their efforts are appreciated and that BCFC/BS genuinely want them to get bigger and better.

Any chance of you lot introducing a bit of self discipline. The Galatasaray and mini pitch invasion incidents were an embarrassment and falls straight into the hands of those that might not want the same things as yourself in the Atyeo stand. 'ave a word! 

Any chance of you lot introducing a bit of self discipline. The Galatasaray and mini pitch invasion incidents were an embarrassment and falls straight into the hands of those that might not want the same things as yourself in the Atyeo stand. 'ave a word!

Hello mr Ashton boy.

How can someone in the stand be controlled for the actions of many many others? Everyone is human and are in control of their own activites, it shouldn't be blamed on the vast majority. How can people "have a word" , when I suspect that not everyone, knows everyone in a stand.

It is for example, like saying rovers are all racist due to the one idiot who shouted abuse at the dartford player.

Hello mr Ashton boy.

How can someone in the stand be controlled for the actions of many many others? Everyone is human and are in control of their own activites, it shouldn't be blamed on the vast majority. How can people "have a word" , when I suspect that not everyone, knows everyone in a stand.

It is for example, like saying rovers are all racist due to the one idiot who shouted abuse at the dartford player.

When the club gives us an allowance I think there is a responsibility to self police it and agree with Ashton Boy.

Would be nice if they got a bit of verbal and a dressing down.

When the club gives us an allowance I think there is a responsibility to self police it and agree with Ashton Boy.

By all accounts fans "did have a word" when the guy started mentioning galatasaray. However, he then started becoming physical towards these fans. I'm not sure what further self policing you would like to happen?

• SC&T Board Members

I don't think that asking responsible fans to get into an altercation with an individual who appears to have lost self-control and is demonstrating violent tendencies is a particularly good idea. But I would indeed like to think that quietly behind the scenes some of the responsible fans in the Atyeo closest to this incident are now helping the club to identify the individual concerned so that appropriate action can be taken against him. That's the sort of self-policing I would support and that I'm sure would encourage the club to help the 'singing section' to develop over the coming months.

Hello mr Ashton boy.

There were not "many many" others involved. One idiot shouting totally out of order chants and approx five coming onto the pitch. In years passed the "bigger" lads would have sorted it very swiftly if they thought it was out of order. I guess you want someone else to sort it as usual, just like your flags, standing, chanting etc. What ever happened to spontaneity? I guess this post is going to upset you now, I'll email the club for some counselling!

I don't think that asking responsible fans to get into an altercation with an individual who appears to have lost self-control and is demonstrating violent tendencies is a particularly good idea. But I would indeed like to think that quietly behind the scenes some of the responsible fans in the Atyeo closest to this incident are now helping the club to identify the individual concerned so that appropriate action can be taken against him. That's the sort of self-policing I would support and that I'm sure would encourage the club to help the 'singing section' to develop over the coming months.

Christ almighty it gets worse. "develop"! you'll be calling for Sunday morning choir practice next. WTF is happening to the support of this club?

There were not "many many" others involved. One idiot shouting totally out of order chants and approx five coming onto the pitch. In years passed the "bigger" lads would have sorted it very swiftly if they thought it was out of order. I guess you want someone else to sort it as usual, just like your flags, standing, chanting etc. What ever happened to spontaneity? I guess this post is going to upset you now, I'll email the club for some counselling!

Hi there,

Slightly confused about getting others to sort your flags? There are quite a few city fans who get flags made and put them out.

This isn't limited to fans in the atyeo but fans in all stands.

If you would like, at the next home game, pop over to one of the lads waving the flags and have a go if you fancy?

Have a great rest of the evening

Not what I had in mind - http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/171606-bristol-sport-have-now-banned-fans-flags/

Christ almighty it gets worse. "develop"! you'll be calling for Sunday morning choir practice next. WTF is happening to the support of this club?

Well Done, for that is an extremely interesting idea.

For logistical reasons, my attendance at Ashton Gate has been somewhat infrequent for the past few years, but on the rare occasions I have attended I have certainly noticed the singing to be disorganised and, on occasions, out of tune and some songs simply dying out.

I do think, however, that Saturday mornings would be a better choice as the practice would still be fresh in peoples minds. 

Hi there,

Slightly confused about getting others to sort your flags? There are quite a few city fans who get flags made and put them out.

This isn't limited to fans in the atyeo but fans in all stands.

If you would like, at the next home game, pop over to one of the lads waving the flags and have a go if you fancy?

Have a great rest of the evening

The whole point of the post was to suggest YOU  sort out some of the problems, in your part of the ground, particularly as many of you have absolutely no confidence in the stewards. Try reading it again before posting such juvenile crap. Now, back to your playpen, young un, and wave some flags, there's a good boy.

By all accounts fans "did have a word" when the guy started mentioning galatasaray. However, he then started becoming physical towards these fans. I'm not sure what further self policing you would like to happen?

Sorry chaps I was referring in particular to the few lads who ran on the pitch and should've been clearer. I appreciate people did confront the (insert expletive here) singing Galatasaray songs from the accounts and I hope his reaction to those complaints compounds his misery. Hopefully it also doesn't deter those who called him out from doing it again in future if needs be.

As for self policing my expectations are little more than dressing down said so and so and if serious enough point him out to the stewards at the time or afterwards - absolutely not to react in kind and certainly no mob rule!  I wasn't around this chap singing the songs so couldn't point him out from Adam, but if I was and I saw him again at the Burnley match for example I would 'dob him in'. That sorta self policing :)

The whole point of the post was to suggest YOU sort out some of the problems, in your part of the ground, particularly as many of you have absolutely no confidence in the stewards. Try reading it again before posting such juvenile crap. Now, back to your playpen, young un, and wave some flags, there's a good boy.

Hi Ashtonboy.

I think you are trying to argue with the wrong person here. I think the stewards do a fantastic job, in what is a very challenging environment, in what I feel they are not given enough training for.

I know a few stewards who work for Newport county through my line of work.

I personally don't think resorting to violence to sort violence is a good idea, but that's my personal view. It's good we are all entitled to our own opinion.

Have a great friday

Archived