IGNORED

Bristol Sport Have Now Banned Fans Flags

Three Lions

Why is this such a big deal? In the Dolman and South stands there is no room to display flags at the back or front of the stands. This means that the only way to display flags is for fans to wave them from their seats. I'm sure this looks great on TV, but if I go to a match I want to watch it, not have my view blocked by somebody's flag.

I'm sorry, but the flag waving fans are in a minority.

What the lads in the atyeo agreed that they and only they could display flags?

Hello mr three lions.

Most certainly not, all discussions with the club about wavey flags etc have been in regards to the Atyeo, what can and cannot be done in that stand, nowhere else.

Bristol sport agreed that wavey flags in the atyeo could be waved in the corner, but this was only while dicussing what fans in that stand could do.

There wasn't any discussions about what could or could not be done, in any other stand.

The whole of Ashton gate should be a hive of colour by fans, the more flags the better I say.

Why is this such a big deal? In the Dolman and South stands there is no room to display flags at the back or front of the stands. This means that the only way to display flags is for fans to wave them from their seats. I'm sure this looks great on TV, but if I go to a match I want to watch it, not have my view blocked by somebody's flag.

Not strictly true - I believe the fans in the old Dolman block A wanted to hang them from the side wall. There are also several other areas eg front of vormitories, on the big concrete walls behind the disabled sections etc. Watching fans following England away should show how many possibilities there are for hanging flags.

I accept not everyone wants flags waved in their face, so I would agree if these have been banned during the game in the reserved areas such as Dolman and South Stand.

loads of room around dolman. and it was a case of asking to put flags on walls not on poles which wasnt a problem last season or any season ultra and loyal bans apart till now. fans putting up these flags are a minority but those wanting to see it? doubt it.

Not strictly true - I believe the fans in the old Dolman block A wanted to hang them from the side wall. There are also several other areas eg front of vormitories, on the big concrete walls behind the disabled sections etc. Watching fans following England away should show how many possibilities there are for hanging flags.

I accept not everyone wants flags waved in their face, so I would agree if these have been banned during the game in the reserved areas such as Dolman and South Stand.

Hello there,

How would a flag tied to a wall, or a barrier cause it to be waved Infront of their face?

I think three lions, is referred to flags as in normal flags, not wavey flags here.

Hello there,

How would a flag tied to a wall, or a barrier cause it to be waved Infront of their face?

I think three lions, is referred to flags as in normal flags, not wavey flags here.

I was replying to pongo88.

My first bit was referring specifically to flags tied to the wall - I have absolutely no objection to this at all and think it should be encouraged by the club.

The second bit referencing wavey flags was also in response to pongo88 and pointing out that I accepted these shouldn't be waved everywhere.

For the record I am fully behind wavey flags in the Atyeo, in more than one way!

It's here

After the initial enquiry several months ago, and last season this is the Bristol Sport response to a question regarding the displaying of flags on the walls of the Dolman stand.

"We have given supporters in the Atyeo some leeway in terms of creating imagery, flags etc in that part of the ground, such as existed in the old East End. There are no plans to allow this in any other part of the stadium".

It's here

After the initial enquiry several months ago, and last season this is the Bristol Sport response to a question regarding the displaying of flags on the walls of the Dolman stand.

"We have given supporters in the Atyeo some leeway in terms of creating imagery, flags etc in that part of the ground, such as existed in the old East End. There are no plans to allow this in any other part of the stadium".

I see. So basically they aren't allowing something that people didn't do anyway..?

Archived