IGNORED

Bristol Sport Have Now Banned Fans Flags

Three Lions

I was replying to pongo88.

My first bit was referring specifically to flags tied to the wall - I have absolutely no objection to this at all and think it should be encouraged by the club.

The second bit referencing wavey flags was also in response to pongo88 and pointing out that I accepted these shouldn't be waved everywhere.

For the record I am fully behind wavey flags in the Atyeo, in more than one way!

Many apologies SGR. It's hard to understand what people mean over the Internet at times!

I don't really see the point in having flags for home games anyway. I always thought flags were good for when you're in another town or country, to show people that you're City or England or whatever. But when we're at home, it's kinda obvious

Gasp.

Seriously? To borrow a phrase: they make a house a home.

Bet they liked the '2-0 up and you f.... it up' chant last night from the majority in the South Stand family corner.

Ok with no flag waving anywhere but the Atyeo, really struggle with any ban on flags being hung up around the ground. Pity, all part of the football experience for me. That said, give us pride, passion and belief on the pitch and I'll bear with it.

Life is about comprising, if you want to wave a flag sit in the ateyo? Fair enough to me.

Which could be considered insular, however it is not the answer supplied by the Supporters Liaison Officer after he was contacted. He did state on two occasions, maybe more he saw no problem with flags being displayed in the Dolman stand. Out of courtesy a further follow up e mail was sent post purchasing of season tickets to check there was still no problem. It has taken around two months to be informed that the display of flags will not be not allowed outside of the Atyeo stand.

did last season and wanted to continue.

I can't remember seeing flags on the walls of the Dolman last season. I know there were some hung over the edge , where the construction site was, which obviously isn't there any more.

Surely you aren't talking about those..?

Which could be considered insular, however it is not the answer supplied by the Supporters Liaison Officer after he was contacted. He did state on two occasions, maybe more he saw no problem with flags being displayed in the Dolman stand. Out of courtesy a further follow up e mail was sent post purchasing of season tickets to check there was still no problem. It has taken around two months to be informed that the display of flags will not be not allowed outside of the Atyeo stand.

I was waiting for you to get the its Dave L fault out!

Archived