IGNORED

Bristol Sport Have Now Banned Fans Flags

Three Lions

WTMS_BCFC

I am at a disadvantage here , as I have not seen the email(s) you sent to the Club, which obtained this response so I will not comment any further.

Advantage - Disadvantage ... It isn't a form of sport. All that is being asked is can fans put flags up in the Dolman. The answer after months is not apparent.

Advantage - Disadvantage ... It isn't a form of sport. All that is being asked is can fans put flags up in the Dolman. The answer after months is not apparent.

You said it was apparent, which is apparently wrong!

What is apparent is your anti everything agenda.

WTMS_BCFC

OK one more comment.

A statement was published under the heading "Bristol Sport have now banned fans flags", the person who wrote this Email says this was made in conjunction with murals and semi permanent displays.

As you will not share your correspondence, I am not able to judge whether the topic headline is a fair reflection or a misrepresentation of the situation.

http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/WTMS/slideshow/Flags%20at%20AG?sort=3

Post Red Walls it was hoped one or two of the above could be displayed in the Dolman stand this season. A iconic image of Gerry Gow, or something newer could look more interesting than an expanse of space, which only at this point houses a sign regarding language.

WTMS_BCFC

OK one more comment.

A statement was published under the heading "Bristol Sport have now banned fans flags", the person who wrote this Email says this was made in conjunction with murals and semi permanent displays.

As you will not share your correspondence, I am not able to judge whether the topic headline is a fair reflection or a misrepresentation of the situation.

It could be Dave L's misrepresentation. Easy to clear up. Another e mail has been sent asking if fans can put a flag or two up in the Dolman, which inclues an attached picture of the possible space.

Really think that this should end now? All getting a bit personal and not sure its showing otib in greatest state

The thread only becomes personal if people wish it to be. It could also be interesting, creative, fun, positive etc.

According to Bristol Sport there will be hero images within the Dolman concourse. Why not one, or two, or something in flag form on the side of the Dolman?

Dave L when contacted regarding the earlier link appeared genuinely excited by the prospect. It will not be possible to attempt to turn the Dolman into a red wall again, but why not explore thoroughly what can be done in stands away from the Atyeo?

I support the clubs stance of flags etc in ateyo. Its compromise, not perfect but that's life . I wouldn't object to any flags on the walls inside dolman. But if club says just the ateyo that's fair enough. We all have a choice where to sit/stand. So if flags etc are important sit in ateyo. Doesn't float my boat so Il stay in dolman

I don't think they would have agreed anything. I think Bristol Sport decided the small corner of the Atyeo was the area for flags, standing, swearing etc and everywhere else will have to conform to the sterile Bristol Sport way.

........whereas their own propaganda at http://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/stadium/the-plan/virtual-tour/ (3:00 to 3:30) shows the whole ground standing, with flags.

Probably swearing as well.

The average fan doesn't have a clue that OTIB even exists. Yes, we are deluded enough to think the club should listen closely to what is posted here, but the reality is that despite some level headed sensible postings, most of it is crap!

There are 13,000 signed up members, so there's a good chance the average fan is aware of and actively uses the forum.

What is apparent is your anti everything agenda.

Placing a flag of a club legend in the Dolman stand would not be anti everything. A policy on flags would make sense.

Instead of attacking the poster look to resolve insead of adopting a Anti Eastend, Anti Williams Singing section, Anti Atyeo cheaper tickets, Anti flag in the Dolman anti everything unless it involves you stance.

According to admin and mods on this site, the q & a was never abused. You could start there.

Placing a flag of a club legend in the Dolman stand would not be anti everything. A policy on flags would make sense.

Instead of attacking the poster look to resolve insead of adopting a Anti Eastend, Anti Williams Singing section, Anti Atyeo cheaper tickets, Anti flag in the Dolman anti everything unless it involves you stance.

According to admin and mods on this site, the q & a was never abused. You could start there.

I'm not anti flags, as I've said previously in this thread I'm all for them.

Are you really trying to make out that WSM wtms or what ever his name is, doesn't have a constant unrelenting agenda against Bristol Sport and it's management..?

I'm not anti flags, as I've said previously in this thread I'm all for them.

Are you really trying to make out that WSM wtms or what ever his name is, doesn't have a constant unrelenting agenda against Bristol Sport and it's management..?

You have contradicted your own argument. Fans wanting to put a flag up of a club Legend cannot be anti everything. Bristol Sport set that agenda.

Saw this conversation on Twitter - apparently some meeting at AG on Saturday regarding communication and atmosphere ?

Is this something to do with anyone on here?

(Handles removed for privacy)

"This is why we are meeting club staff to improve relations & atmosphere at AG

SS,Dolman,Atyeo #1Club1Voice"

Apparently feedback being published on a Facebook site and in Otib fanzine?

• Admin

Saw this conversation on Twitter - apparently some meeting at AG on Saturday regarding communication and atmosphere ?

Interesting - I know the Atyeo fans have had a number of meetings.

Any comms can only be a good thing

Why remove handles for privacy? It took me 20 seconds (if that) to find the Twitter handle of the #1Club1Voice tweet. People wouldn't have public Twitter account if they wanted privacy, they'd put their Twitter on, you know... Private...

Why remove handles for privacy? It took me 20 seconds (if that) to find the Twitter handle of the #1Club1Voice tweet. People wouldn't have public Twitter account if they wanted privacy, they'd put their Twitter on, you know... Private...

That's up to you to find, I just didn't feel it was my place to put their handles when not involved in the conversation. The possibility of finding it by your own accord was always there.

No idea.

But I have a horrible feeling those happy clapper wavey things that Norwich have done and I think Leicester did could be a consideration...I know absolutely nothing about it, but a hashtag followed by a cheesy line always worries me.

Yeah just read the Twitter thing and I was completely wrong...So that settles that! ?

Archived