IGNORED

Bristol Sport Have Now Banned Fans Flags

Three Lions

• Admin

I wonder if this will go on for 50 pages, including some guess work from Stockhausen and ukrimately end in heartache?

Or like last season when those that decided certain flags were not allowed, after much discussion and conversation suddenly reversed their decision

if this is directed at me?? Because I love bcfc, enjoy following them home and away. Good example the last 6minutes of Wednesday night game that's why I follow football.

How did you manage to surpress your emotion when we equalised?

• Admin

I can't remember seeing flags on the walls of the Dolman last season. I know there were some hung over the edge , where the construction site was, which obviously isn't there any more.

Surely you aren't talking about those..?

The other thing is supporters have moved into end blocks of the Dolman stand this season that in the past were able to hang flags.

I can only assume that the person who made the decision was referring to the wavey flags on poles (which I agree should be kept to one area)

Just go to Wembley for an England game and you'll see flags all over the ground

The other strange thing people have been going down the ground hours before a home game for seasons putting up flags then taking them down at a specified time.

For the life of my I can't see why Bristol sport wouldn't want more colour around the place

Bristol Sport would go mental at the Derby fans at their home game last week

5tt389.jpg

Those are in the stand behind the goal. Bristol sport are allowing that. Those are being waved by hand. Bristol sport are allowing that.

There are no flags being displayed on the stadium walls in that picture. Bristol sport are allowing that in designated areas.

Sorry chaps, but this is typical of a lot of threads on the forum. The majority of fans don't give a 4x about flags, and haven't an overwhelming wish to have the concourses covered with flags. Often those on the forum are the tail trying to wag the dog. I know I'll be unpopular, but I say well done to Bristol Sport for supporting the wishes of the majority.

Sorry chaps, but this is typical of a lot of threads on the forum. The majority of fans don't give a 4x about flags, and haven't an overwhelming wish to have the concourses covered with flags. Often those on the forum are the tail trying to wag the dog. I know I'll be unpopular, but I say well done to Bristol Sport for supporting the wishes of the majority.

Can't really argue with that. Although I'm sure some will.

• Admin

but I say well done to Bristol Sport for supporting the wishes of the majority.

I'm totally perplexed what you are on about WHAT MAJORITY are you referring to?

Do you suddenly represent the city fans?

Same question as above would you object to flags being hung on the internal ends of the Dolman stand?

Would you be offended by the sight of a Gerry Gow flag on the side of the Dolman?

So if you don't care, is it safe to assume that you wouldn't care if they were displayed either?

Correct. Doesn't bother me either way. I quite like seeing flags up, waved, displayed etc. I think allowing it a designated area of the ground is a fair compromise.

David Lloyd ?@BristolSportDL 1m1 minute ago: I'd just like to point out that contrary to false claims made on otib, there is no ban on flags in the Dolman.

Ha ha! That makes the anti Bristol Sport brigade look a little bit silly then. No surprise that this came from the usual suspect on that matter.

David Lloyd ?@BristolSportDL 1m1 minute ago: I'd just like to point out that contrary to false claims made on otib, there is no ban on flags in the Dolman.

"We have given supporters in the Atyeo some leeway in terms of creating imagery, flags etc in that part of the ground, such as existed in the old East End. There are no plans to allow this in any other part of the stadium".

Direct from Dave L.

E mails to the Supporter Liaison also included pictures of specific space for flags.

Further tweets

@BristolSportDL: My email referred to murals & semi-permanent displays such as existed in the old EE. Atyeo is the place for those. Flags welcome

@BristolSportDL: Annoying that positive discussions with core fans are hi-jacked by those with their own anti BS agenda

What majority is that exactly

You and your ilk certainly do not speak for me or the people I go with.

Perhaps you'd like to keep your own personal views personal and not claim to represent people you've no mandate from

Further tweets

@BristolSportDL: My email referred to murals & semi-permanent displays such as existed in the old EE. Atyeo is the place for those. Flags welcome

@BristolSportDL: Annoying that positive discussions with core fans are hi-jacked by those with their own anti BS agenda

If there was still a Q&A on this forum it would assist in clearing up any ambiguity.

To reiterate DL was asked specific questions regarding flags and the Dolman over a period of months. Pictures of the Dolman indicating where flags could be situated were provided.

Flags welcome .. Bristol Sport have the opportunity of stating that publicly.

so those complaining  about flag waving didnt wave their free bristol sport scarf above their head in our promotion run in ? or wave a flag at wembley ?  i love seeing a colourful ground, with passionate fans getting behind their team.

how many times over the years have managers or the club itself wanted fans to raise the roof , or make a cauldron of noise. or worked together with the trust for a re and white night.

lots of fans nowadays are organising displays, etc   better this than fans arranging meets between various firms for a dust up eh, bristol sport, dave l, a/s police ?

i think the club wants to look after the corporates,take our season ticket 6 months in advance ,and sit in silence ala leicester, norwich etc .

even fans of watford are organising displays and they are a tame club , aldershot, plymouth get involved, surely the boards of these clubs can see some benefit ? 

Archived