IGNORED

Fans Leaving Early

fabio

I got a 40 minute journey home but would never leave early. A person wouldn't go to the pictures and leave before the end of the film so why leave games early. If we are losing that's when the team need our support most, it mist dishearten the players knowing that the fans have given up and heading for the exits. It also spurs the oppositions fans and team as well.   

I got a 40 minute journey home but would never leave early. A person wouldn't go to the pictures and leave before the end of the film so why leave games early. If we are losing that's when the team need our support most, it mist dishearten the players knowing that the fans have given up and heading for the exits. It also spurs the oppositions fans and team as well.

What cinemas do you go to that have 14k people leaving at once? Or do you not, making that analogy redundant?

What cinemas do you go to that have 14k people leaving at once? Or do you not, making that analogy redundant?

Are you implying the reason is traffic? I've asked numerous times on here where this traffic "nightmare" occurs that people talk about and no one has ever given me a decent answer.

I park at the cricket club, never leave early and I'm always back in Chippenham inside an hour. I just don't see where this mythical traffic that causes people to leave early actually occurs.

Are you implying the reason is traffic? I've asked numerous times on here where this traffic "nightmare" occurs that people talk about and no one has ever given me a decent answer.

I park at the cricket club, never leave early and I'm always back in Chippenham inside an hour. I just don't see where this mythical traffic that causes people to leave early actually occurs.

Which way do you go?

I just got thought 50 mile drive in the rain so beat the traffic, I just got outside the Dolman and we heard the goal :grr:

I had a 65 mile journey back. Watched both goals, waited for the ground to empty for 10 mins and drove home without traffic. Mint.

These days I find it easier to delay leaving until the place is empty, rather than rushing around the final whistle. Hate that.

Ditto.... was back home on the South Devon coast within 80 minutes. Keep the secret about the cricket club just between us eh?

The closest thing to a traffic nightmare I've come across is travelling up North Street and joining Coronation Road, then travelling on to meet the M32 via Temple Meads.

Never do that any more though.

A mate of mine left early last night, he says he heard the first City goal go in as he got to the exits and then heard the second when he was on the bus stop. :D

He should have stayed at home.

Then he could have heard them on the radio!                        :laughcont:

Back over the swing bridge, along the river, past the Hippodrome, M32, M4.

Never more than a moderate amount of traffic and certainly not enough to risk missing any part of the game for.

And if the centre is busy head up past QEH and then past the uni and down past the BRI and on to the M32 that way. 

Been doing that for years and never had to miss the end of a match to get home in a respectable time.

Back over the swing bridge, along the river, past the Hippodrome, M32, M4.

Never more than a moderate amount of traffic and certainly not enough to risk missing any part of the game for.

Quite agree I have a journey in from B-O-S and this season park in Long Ashton as am in Dolman this year. Used to watch em from the Williams for years and to be honest find it quite funny. I go to football to watch 90 minutes of a game, I can go to a pub any time in the week but in the Dolman am constantly getting up to let people past to get to the bar 10 minutes before half time then 10 minutes after. As for leaving early, cant get my head round that one. I wait for 10 minutes, walk back to LA and then 40 minutes drive home and I am in my late 60's. Kids today eh :pacifier: :pacifier: :pacifier: :pacifier:

Archived