IGNORED

Bcfc According To Ipswich Fans

Keith Welch

Seriously Woodsy....would you rather outlay an estimated total 9M for a player with one seasons experience in the football league....over a player with 5 seasons in the Championship and proven track record at scoring for less than 300K?

I wonder what SL and SC would choose if they had the option?

I appreciate your honesty Ashtonboy...it's glad to see someone else acknowledging my magnificence :P  ;) I will in due course be more diligent in looking out for your ever increasing nose length :yes: I'm liking your style...however...i'm not sure if it's a come on i'm getting from you A'boy?...as the last time I saw that sign, I got a rather unwanted surprise when entering a bar in Prague...are you that way inclined? :P

You've been to that bar too? Never changed a thing for me, although they were very attractive! :P

Wish I could understand this ridiculous obsession with Brett effing Pitman....he's gone. Get over it. He will never be more than an average Championship striker.

Could do with a couple of proven average championship strikers being honest....

Small fee for a guy who got 14 goals? Yeah I'd be laughing too

Wasn't he part of the deal for Mings? Along with that midfielder, Fraser? So I'm not sure how they can so definitively put a value on him

Don't really think there's too much in that forum, I wouldn't expect Ipswich fans to have an in depth knowledge of BCFC, I certainly don't know a great deal about Ipswich

Wish I could understand this ridiculous obsession with Brett effing Pitman....he's gone. Get over it. He will never be more than an average Championship striker.

It's not...it's just a point that you can pick up goal scorer's at this level that don't cost 9M as someone is posting saying it's the 'going rate'.

That's why the majority of press, media and other clubs fans, are finding it 'staggering' that we are offering a silly amount for a player with one seasons Football League experience...not just Championship....but one season in the football league. The rest Conference and Conference north. That's why.... He's not 'Proven'...it's just one season.

It's almost like he was never here, quite ironic really

He's got one of the worst goal scoring records of any striker in our recent history!

Games per goal:

Baldock 2.4

Thorpe 2.5

Brooker 2.7

Lita 2.7

Davies 2.8

Maynard 2.8

Showunmi 3.8

Pitman 3.9

Yet the same experts will talk about how Baldock can't finish a chance then rave about Brett Pitman :facepalm:

He's got one of the worst goal scoring records of any striker in our recent history!

Games per goal:

Baldock 2.4

Thorpe 2.5

Brooker 2.7

Lita 2.7

Davies 2.8

Maynard 2.8

Showunmi 3.8

Pitman 3.9

Yet the same experts will talk about how Baldock can't finish a chance then rave about Brett Pitman :facepalm:

Kinda harsh to do a games/goal ratio for Pitman. Minutes per goal would be fairer representation. You then also have to consider what seasons all those players played for us. Yet Baldock had a relegation season but was also in an easier division in league 1 when he was top scorer. Maynard we were regularly top half etc.

Kinda harsh to do a games/goal ratio for Pitman. Minutes per goal would be fairer representation. You then also have to consider what seasons all those players played for us. Yet Baldock had a relegation season but was also in an easier division in league 1 when he was top scorer. Maynard we were regularly top half etc.

Yes the stats certainly favour my argument because of the amount of time Pitman sat on his lazy arse on the bench. :)

In all seriousness though I just don't get the love in on here for him.

Games per goal:

Baldock 2.4

Thorpe 2.5

Brooker 2.7

Lita 2.7

Davies 2.8

Maynard 2.8

Showunmi 3.8

Pitman 3.9

Bit misleading there - in his first season with us Brett P scored 13 goals in only 21 starts including a run of eight goals in eight games. If you worked out your list in terms of games started or 'per 90 minutes' he would be up there...

Bit misleading there - in his first season with us he scored 13 goals in only 21 starts including a run of eight goals in eight games. If you worked out your list in terms of games started or 'per 90 minutes' he would be up there...

Yes as I said, I'm carefully choosing my stats to fit my point :)

But he's still vastly overrated on here IMO.

They make some very valid points tbh....don't see what the problem is. Tbf...our forum is one of the most ill informed when it comes to football when compared to many forums.

Pop over to CCMB or AAMB and GAS CHAT and get back to me, the level of intelligence on the aforementioned forums is akin to that of a kindergarten play ground.

Pop over to CCMB or AAMB and GAS CHAT and get back to me, the level of intelligence on the aforementioned forums is akin to that of a kindergarten play ground.

I've no doubt they are...I prefer to frequent other football forums for the more discerning observer ;-)

I'm out of likes, but I would have if I could.

I saw you or somebody else say the same thing the other day; how is that then? Are you being funny or for real? I have never run out of likes; maybe I don't give enough.  :sad26:

We like it.

Pretty balanced views i thought from the Ipswich.

I saw you or somebody else say the same thing the other day; how is that then? Are you being funny or for real? I have never run out of likes; maybe I don't give enough:sad26:

We like it.

Pretty balanced views i thought from the Ipswich.

That could have been me. I've run out twice in the last couple of weeks

I'm very, very easily pleased

That could have been me. I've run out twice in the last couple of weeks

I'm very, very easily pleased

Someone replied to a post of mine yesterday...and then 'liked' their own post... :facepalm:  Never seen that before...not sure what that say's about someone, apart from they never got enough love from Mum and Dad when young... I actually felt sorry for them :blink:

I'd like a 'cap doffed' option too

Mods?

Someone replied to a post of mine yesterday...and then 'liked' their own post... :facepalm:  Never seen that before...not sure what that say's about someone, apart from they never got enough love from Mum and Dad when young... I actually felt sorry for them :blink:

Thats quite funny. hahaaaa

Name and shame, Spud. I feel a lynching coming on. Ever since Fordy mentioned a post to like ratio this place has got silly

Archived