IGNORED

Albert Adomah (Merged)

BCFC Jordan

Really lovely guy. My downs mate Rob who I take to matches loves Albert to bits because of the fuss he would make of him. One great memory I have was Alberts birthday . Rob had a birthday card and and bag jelly babies as a present , for some reason Albert was warming up on the Williams side of the pitch rather than the Dolman side as was usual. Unable to catch Alberts eye one of the stewards a female one who clearly did not have a clue who was who took him onto the pitch to give Albert his present, she promptly took him to Marvin Elliott just as Albert had gone down the tunnel. Marve at first looked very confused but soon realised the error, took the card and gift from Rob and himself disappeared down the tunnel. About a minute latter out popped Albert scanned the Dolman, spotted Rob and sprinted over to him and made the biggest fuss of him he could. Made Robs day. He will get a very warm welcome from Rob my son and me when he returns with the borough. Thanks Albert.

Albert always gave ? percent for us.would have him back in the blink of an eye.just one of those things when he went.he wanted to play at a higher level.hasn't really happened for him at boro tho and seems we had a much better relationship with him than they do

Albert. Albert adomah run down the wing for me.

Really lovely guy. My downs mate Rob who I take to matches loves Albert to bits because of the fuss he would make of him. One great memory I have was Alberts birthday . Rob had a birthday card and and bag jelly babies as a present , for some reason Albert was warming up on the Williams side of the pitch rather than the Dolman side as was usual. Unable to catch Alberts eye one of the stewards a female one who clearly did not have a clue who was who took him onto the pitch to give Albert his present, she promptly took him to Marvin Elliott just as Albert had gone down the tunnel. Marve at first looked very confused but soon realised the error, took the card and gift from Rob and himself disappeared down the tunnel. About a minute latter out popped Albert scanned the Dolman, spotted Rob and sprinted over to him and made the biggest fuss of him he could. Made Robs day. He will get a very warm welcome from Rob my son and me when he returns with the borough. Thanks Albert.

Lovely story, by all accounts he's a genuinely nice bloke.

Love Albert, three shite years in the championship when he was here but at least we had him to watch, what a player.

On him coming over at the end, sounds very much like when Matty Hill came over to the City end after we lost 3-0 to Sheffield United at Bramall Lane. Clapped our fans for quite a while!

Not surprised he is getting stick....he was very apreciative of us at the end...thought for a moment he was going to bang his heart with his fist in salute...wonder what our response at the end would have been if he had set up a comeback for boro and we had lost?

Probably exactly the same, Albert is a true city legend

The boy was here a short time, but he is what football is all about.  

The term legend is banded about too much, and I think he he had stayed at AG longer he would have been a legend...  But i think he is right up there with the Murray's Tnnion's and Biffs of my era, but only got in  a couple of seasons with us, I would also say he had more natural talent than all of these players..

Fair dos Albert.  Quality player who I think deserves to be playing at a higher level.  Lovely bloke bloke as well.

Watching Albert was the only consolation during some very poor years; played with his heart on his sleeve, and really cared.

Would have him back in a white hot minute, and I'm certainly not one who constantly pines for ex-players.

Completely understand why he left when he did, and don't think there would be any bad blood at all there, and part of me wonders if he continues to be a fringe player there, if him returning wouldn't be such a bad idea (no idea where he'd fit in mind; guess he could be our new striker - am sure he'd give it a bash).

Watching Albert was the only consolation during some very poor years; played with his heart on his sleeve, and really cared.

Would have him back in a white hot minute, and I'm certainly not one who constantly pines for ex-players.

Completely understand why he left when he did, and don't think there would be any bad blood at all there, and part of me wonders if he continues to be a fringe player there, if him returning wouldn't be such a bad idea (no idea where he'd fit in mind; guess he could be our new striker - am sure he'd give it a bash).

To be fair he isn't fringe player at Middlesbrough. He starts the majority of their games and was rested yesterday.

Archived