IGNORED

Albert Adomah (Merged)

BCFC Jordan

For a player like Albert you change the system to fit him in

Sorry can't agree with that at all.

I think he's a top bloke but there's no place for him in our current system. Our recruitment was done around the system we play and to change all that to accommodate one player is not right.

Wouldn't be suprised if a newly promoted prem team took a gamble on him . I don't think he'd be as effective in the prem but good for 60 mins or a impact sub unless his fitness has got better since being with us.

Can't see it myself, he doesn't exactly set the world alight in the Championship. Can't help but think we have the rose tints on when it comes to his actual ability.

Averages a goal every 5 and an assist every 8 games...for a winger I can't help but feel that's actually really poor, especially the assists.

Can't see it myself, he doesn't exactly set the world alight in the Championship. Can't help but think we have the rose tints on when it comes to his actual ability.

Averages a goal every 5 and an assist every 8 games...for a winger I can't help but feel that's actually really poor, especially the assists.

A goal every 5 is very very good I'd say.

I'd love him back, would be a real Scott Murray returning moment. The only other players I've really wanted back were Bradley Orr and another who almost did as manager but sadly went elsewhere (I'm still very upset about this!)

A goal every 5 is very very good I'd say.

Goals-wise it's not bad, 8 goals a season from an attacking winger. Not exactly tearing up trees though.

And 10 assists in two full seasons from a player in that position is VERY poor, and I gather the main criticism from Boro fans is his lack of end product, i.e. will make a brilliant run then blaze a cross into the stands.

Still think he has no role in our team in it's current format and can't imagine Cotts would change our entire system to accommodate an average winger.

He is a real class act off the pitch, just think he's hugely overrated by City fans due to how likeable he was.

Middlesbro' fans saying he's been their most consistent player since he's been there.

No doubt there would be plenty of suitors should he be available for any reason but a return to AG would be about the most popular City signing of all time.

I don't really care where he plays, he'd be a fantastic ambassador for BCFC both on and off the pitch.

If there's the slightest chance, go for it SL, and bring our Albert home.

Middlesbro' fans saying he's been their most consistent player since he's been there.

No doubt there would be plenty of suitors should he be available for any reason but a return to AG would be about the most popular City signing of all time.

I don't really care where he plays, he'd be a fantastic ambassador for BCFC both on and off the pitch.

If there's the slightest chance, go for it SL, and bring our Albert home.

Where would you play him if we signed him today?

That's the issue for me, he's not a wing back, CAM or forward. He could do a job as any of those but he's a winger.

A 4-2-3-1 with him, Freeman and Agard/Robinson as the 3 would be exciting though.

Indeed, I've seen enough of City playing players out of position to last a lifetime frankly!

Considering we don't have the personnel to play with a back four and that's the only way you could get AA in, it's a no from me unless we're going to completely abandon the way we play.

Indeed, I've seen enough of City playing players out of position to last a lifetime frankly!

Considering we don't have the personnel to play with a back four and that's the only way you could get AA in, it's a no from me unless we're going to completely abandon the way we play.

I think he's a great guy and exciting to watch, but he can't slot right in.

The 352/532 is effective for us. Can't see us abandoning it.

He is a class act and a decent bloke, totally overrated as a player by many on here though same as Caulker and many others.

Rated their most consistent player by Middlesbro' fans last season in a successful Championship team............

Where would you play him if we signed him today?

You say he's nothing but an average winger but he's much more than that, he's a great player.

Where he would fit in exactly would be up to Cotts., but he's an adaptable player, and the likes of Freeman have adapted their game under SC.

We wouldn't need to use him purely as an outlet winger now because he'd be surrounded by better players than before in a far more positive team.

You say he's nothing but an average winger but he's much more than that, he's a great player.

Where he would fit in exactly would be up to Cotts., but he's an adaptable player, and the likes of Freeman have adapted their game under SC.

We wouldn't need to use him purely as an outlet winger now because he'd be surrounded by better players than before in a far more positive team.

Great? What does that make Bolasie then?!!!

Bolasie has established himself as a PL player but is incredibly overrated. Has next to no end product.

I find Bolasie interesting. When he was here, I thought Adomah was better. I felt Bolasie was raw and lacked purpose. I was reading about him the other day and apparently he's basically got his own private 121 coach that he felt has improved all aspects of his game. He's kitted up his house with all sorts of training and monitoring devices to improve his game and spends hours analysing his play and opponents.

I was disappointed he left as I thought he'd really break through that season but never would have guessed the progress he'd make!

He's improved remarkably, shame the way he left us.

Agreed. It was a real shame they never got to play in the same team here (at least not from the start). What kick started Palace's success was the two wingers (Zaha/Bolasie) - the fact they had to players that were such a threat created a lot of space for the rest of the team. Whereas when we struggled in the Championship, all teams knew that they only had to put a few men on Albert and mark him out of the game, and we'd offer little resistance.

Albert would look just as good in the PL as Yannick. Maybe not as flashy on the highlights but his end product would be very similar, if not better.

With Adomah on one wing and Bolasie on the other, all you'd need is 2 big strikers, 2 big CM's and a pacey CB to get up and back, a fast Flinty, and that's a recipe for a killer team.

Has any team scored 90% of their goals through headers alone? ..that team would!!

Albert has better control than Bolasie, but Bolasie has more power. When Yannick was with us, I niver got the impression he could control the ball, but he could knock it past an opponent and brush them out of the way. Albert has more style, but Yannick may be more effective. Sometimes when Albert floated over the ground he reminded me of THAT John Barnes goal against Brazil though.

Agreed. It was a real shame they never got to play in the same team here (at least not from the start). What kick started Palace's success was the two wingers (Zaha/Bolasie) - the fact they had to players that were such a threat created a lot of space for the rest of the team. Whereas when we struggled in the Championship, all teams knew that they only had to put a few men on Albert and mark him out of the game, and we'd offer little resistance.

Albert would look just as good in the PL as Yannick. Maybe not as flashy on the highlights but his end product would be very similar, if not better.

They did play together against Leeds, but Yannick didn't last as long as perhaps he should have.

Neither, unfortunately, did the young James Wilson.

Archived