IGNORED

Albert Adomah (Merged)

BCFC Jordan

Someone on Boro's forum has posted the following. Is it true?

18 minutes ago

This is in The Sun

Albert Adomah wants out of Middlesbrough after a blazing row with boss Aitor Karanka.

Winger Adomah, 27, is keen on a return to former club Bristol City and hopes a deal could be done this week.

Typical. A championship quality player wants to sign for us and we don't really want or need him.

Forget he's called Albert Adomah for a second and you will surely all agree that we don't want or need him.

So lets get this straight. We play Alberts new team, he says he enjoyed his time with us in the match day programme. Our fans show appreciation at the end of the game, he claps our fans. Then 2 days later we bid a ridiculous amount for a player who plays in a position and a system we don't use (or look like using) despite trying to spend that money on a striker all summer.  Remarkably this coincides with a row with his manager because Albi, the most laid back and easy going player i have ever come across, is pli$$ed off as he (along with a few others) were rested for one game. 

I think someone up north or down south is a bit bored and is now laughing his cock off at fans from both clubs getting sucked in by it.

• Admin

Typical. A championship quality player wants to sign for us and we don't really want or need him.

Forget he's called Albert Adomah for a second and you will surely all agree that we don't want or need him.

The thing is, everything you've written there makes perfect sense but, I like the idea of a good player trying to force through a move to City. If Cotts actually (& I truly mean actually) wants him then I'd love us to sign him but this decision has to be down to Cotts, not sentimentality.

Cotts either sees a way of tweaking our system successfully to fit AA in, or like with Freeman, he feels able to adapt AA to a different position. Or he doesn't sign for us.

The thing is, everything you've written there makes perfect sense but, I like the idea of a good player trying to force through a move to City. If Cotts actually (& I truly mean actually) wants him then I'd love us to sign him but this decision has to be down to Cotts, not sentimentality.

Cotts either sees a way of tweaking our system successfully to fit AA in, or like with Freeman, he feels able to adapt AA to a different position. Or he doesn't sign for us.

Can't argue with that. If Cotts wants him, then so do I.

It better be a case of AA changing his game rather than us changing ours though.

• Admin

So lets get this straight. We play Alberts new team, he says he enjoyed his time with us in the match day programme. Our fans show appreciation at the end of the game, he claps our fans. Then 2 days later we bid a ridiculous amount for a player who plays in a position and a system we don't use (or look like using) despite trying to spend that money on a striker all summer.  Remarkably this coincides with a row with his manager because Albi, the most laid back and easy going player i have ever come across, is pli$$ed off as he (along with a few others) were rested for one game. 

I think someone up north or down south is a bit bored and is now laughing his cock off at fans from both clubs getting sucked in by it.

He does get pissed off quite easily when someone "tells him off". Pretty sure he didn't celebrate a goal once for us & when asked about it after said he didn't want to as he was angry with a team-mate at the time.

• Admin

Can't argue with that. If Cotts wants him, then so do I.

It better be a case of AA changing his game rather than us changing ours though.

I don't entirely agree in that if we stay the same forever, we'll be totally worked out. Our system has to have an element of evolution. I can see the current 2 strikers and an attacking midfielder being interchangeable with a central striker and two inside forwards (something Cotts alluded to in the past).

• Admin

(Bailey is journo and Boro fan)

1h1 hour ago

Graeme Bailey ?@GraemeBailey

Adomah has NOT put in any request and no club has made any sort of move for him...yet, but expect that will change in next 48 hours.

I have no idea if the good friends AA & Bolasie share an agent but this sounds all too familiar to the build up to YB's move to Palace.

He does get pissed off quite easily when someone "tells him off". Pretty sure he didn't celebrate a goal once for us & when asked about it after said he didn't want to as he was angry with a team-mate at the time.

Would it only be me that would be a little bit miffed to see him leave us after a couple of games in L1 (which he was fully part of taking us down too) and then wanting to come straight back a couple of games after our return because he's thrown his toys out of the pram up north.

For the record, I messaged a lot of ex city players about supporting a new business I'm starting on Facebook. Pretty much all replied but Albert didn't even bother to say "no, sorry".

That's the frustrating thing if it is true. With Little and Fredericks, it's one of the few positions we do have cover in. But I couldn't say no to Albert coming back, it'd be like Scotty coming back all over again.

That's the frustrating thing if it is true. With Little and Fredericks, it's one of the few positions we do have cover in. But I couldn't say no to Albert coming back, it'd be like Scotty coming back all over again.

When Scotty came back in a blaze of glory, didn't do a great deal and the virtually unheard of Anthony Rougier had all the affect. Do you mean that one..?

• Admin

Would it only be me that would be a little bit miffed to see him leave us after a couple of games in L1 (which he was fully part of taking us down too) and then wanting to come straight back a couple of games after our return because he's thrown his toys out of the pram up north.

For the record, I messaged a lot of ex city players about supporting a new business I'm starting on Facebook. Pretty much all replied but Albert didn't even bother to say "no, sorry".

Is this the first time we have played Boro since he left? Maybe coming face to face with the City supporters at the Riverside made him realise that he was happier when playing for us?

Is this the first time we have played Boro since he left? Maybe coming face to face with the City supporters at the Riverside made him realise that he was happier when playing for us?

I can't see 412 away fans having that sort of impact, but who knows. His programme noted would suggest he's felt that way before Saturday, IF it was the case.

Unlike us lot, Cotts will have no affectionate memories of Albert here.

And as the decision will ultimately be his, AA will only be back at AG if the manager thinks he will be useful.

...and I have to say, that is a good thing.

I read a lot of post rationalisation about last season, sometimes here, often on other forums, that last season was somehow easy. We just bought the best players. That is really harsh on Cotts - we were one of the bigger budget teams for sure, but others were on a par or bigger. It was us that tonked the league. Part of his genius/stubbornness was he knew how he wanted to play, and bought the best players he could find - to do the clear job he wanted them to do.

If in his mind, he has such a clear role for him, then fantastic. Otherwise we are in my book chasing rainbows.

I can't see 412 away fans having that sort of impact, but who knows. His programme noted would suggest he's felt that way before Saturday, IF it was the case.

I dont know, He was given a standing ovation for warming up at half time as well as a rousing chorus of AA runs down the wing for me when he came on and at the end. Might not have made him want to return but certainly wont have harmed how he feels about the club 

Bar bs3, without meaning to have a dig, Albert not replying to a Facebook message doesn't take away some of the stories earlier on in is thread portraying him as a great bloke... He clicked with us as a club and if he is happy to come back I think he'd be a great addition.

He's not stupid and won't be making a rash decision if he truly does want to come back, he'd understand the situation.

Would luv to have him back as much as everyone else but like most have said how you fit him in unless we play a 4-3-3 as has been suggested, would also be good having the option to play different formations, just hope that if this did happen we don't pay to much and it's what SC really wants and planned for.

A 352 is the same if its played irl or on a computer or on the moon!! I might be female but that doesn't mean I don't know how a formation works. Cheers

You're right. I apologise. They've made FIFA really realistic nowadays. I was thinking back to the days of FIFA 95.

It's now wholly comparable with real life.

Archived