IGNORED

Albert Adomah (Merged)

BCFC Jordan

Me too, it just seems odd to me. We've not been linked with any wingers really all summer.. Then out of the blue.. Adomah.

Of all wingers, it's him. Someone fans love, someone presumably SL enjoyed watching.

It's all a bit convenient..

All reasonable concerns, but be assured if Cotts. doesn't want him too it definitely won't happen.

Yeah, get your point - I'd hope that someone would tell him to keep his nose out

I'm not sure if you can do that to the billionaire bank roller of it all though!

That's true, what I find interesting is SC saying we've been priced out for a striker (supposedly Gray) then 2 weeks later we bid for him. Inconsistent, something changed.

SL will want a marquee signing, it's what he does! I predict plenty next summer with the new ground opening.

I feel it's going to be a crazy few years ahead!

I think Albert could make it as a striker, always said that whilst he was here. Would love him back!

He's certainly got the pace and unpredictability to cause issues, with him and Kodjia up front you'd never know what was going to happen!

Question whether he's got the discipline or composure in his play.

Him and Kodjia will be interesting to watch dancing together after goals though!

Great guy though he is I wouldn't want him back. He was the best of what was a poor championship team. Lots of tricks and skill but often a lack of end product. I think we have to move on from past players.

Plus if he goes elsewhere I'm guessing we will get some cash from a sell on clause

I am assuming it is because he waived at our fans - more than most other potential signing has done.

I very much enjoyed Albert adomah when he was down the gate, his pace and trickery down the right hand flank was a joy to see, in a struggling city side.He would just not fit into Steve cotterill's way of playing for me.Scott murry being the exception, rather than being the rule. There's no room for being sentimental, and the old saying you should never go back and all that.I wish albert all the best, if his future is away from Middlesbrough, and he surely deserves it.

Maybe because you've replaced one of our defensive link players with an out and out attacking player and lost our one midfielder who can win a header.

That team would tear league one apart but be seriously found out in the Championship.

We are already exposed with a player like Pack in midfield. Replace him with AA and we would be totally over run.

I thought Reid and Smith supported each other fantastically on Saturday, many times Reid dropped back to let Smith get further forward, those two are IMHO the way to go in midfield.

Bobby is very versatile, great defensive positioning and excellent in te tackle and moving the ball at pace forward, again just an opinion but he's miles ahead of pack and more interstingly for me, plays well with smith, his speed makes him a real box to box midfield star.

So in that way, there's defo room for Albertt to fit into the team, not that I think it will happen!

I thought Reid and Smith supported each other fantastically on Saturday, many times Reid dropped back to let Smith get further forward, those two are IMHO the way to go in midfield.

Bobby is very versatile, great defensive positioning and excellent in te tackle and moving the ball at pace forward, again just an opinion but he's miles ahead of pack and more interstingly for me, plays well with smith, his speed makes him a real box to box midfield star.

So in that way, there's defo room for Albertt to fit into the team, not that I think it will happen!

I totally disagree. 

The amount Pack won in the air on Saturday showed how vital he is. Also Reid at times looked too lightweight. He was very good but was fortunate to be playing a bit higher where size isn't so much of an issue.

You're entitled to your view but to say Albert was part of the problem at the time is not only ridiculous, it's preposterous.

He was a shining light for 3 seasons.

I think he was as much to blame as everyone else.

I totally disagree.

The amount Pack won in the air on Saturday showed how vital he is. Also Reid at times looked too lightweight. He was very good but was fortunate to be playing a bit higher where size isn't so much of an issue.

Pack gets a bad rep at times on here. Sometimes he is guilty of not playing the simple ball or allowing too much space. But personally I think we need him at present- he cleans up well, always shows for the ball and frankly the average height of our midfield would be about 4 foot nothing without him.

Reid played very well but I'd want him further up pitch than pack plays.

I totally disagree.

I'm talking about versatility and pace, he's got all the attributes to be playing every week, no disrespect to pack, but Reids played a handful of games for City and will get better and better.

Pack can head the ball, but he's a long way off from having BR talent.

There's a place in the team for a Pack like player, I just don't think Pack is that player (yet), if he gains a yard of paced and stop playing stupid Hollywood passes that ultimately give the ball away to the opposition then he will do just fine.

You can't deny how Reid and Smith interacting with eacother, it felt like they'd played together for years.

Any way my post was meant to highlight Reids performance not to slag of Pack, who I actually think will get much better with time and playing against better opposition.

Pack gets a bad rep at times on here. Sometimes he is guilty of not playing the simple ball or allowing too much space. But personally I think we need him at present- he cleans up well, always shows for the ball and frankly the average height of our midfield would be about 4 foot nothing without him.

Reid played very well but I'd want him further up pitch than pack plays.

He seems very box to me Michael, if he can improve his defensive attributes, not that I think he lacks many, then he will be quite the player.

Pack needs competition, he's a good sq had player but I believe that there's better out there within our budget.

Personally I'd have Ayling playing in Packs position, the bloke has it all. Who's we get in to replace him at CB THOUGH.....

Interesting concept from many to drop Pack.

Indeed. Aside from winning balls in the midfield, being dominant in the air, being the foundation of our set piece success of late, turning the game against Leeds when he chased a ball down, and playing long passes when previous short midfielders were always snagged off for playing the ball 10 yards sideways, just what does he offer?

Archived