IGNORED

Albert Adomah (Merged)

BCFC Jordan

I remember from an early Cotts interview he thought Albert was quite easy to stop with the right tactics so unlikely, also think Boro want to keep him anyway

I think teams began to suss him out when he was our main attacking threat.. Used to put 2 or 3 on him like people tried with Jet.

Would teams be able to do that when we've also got Freeman, Kodjia, Bryan, Little.. I'm not so sure

As much as AA is a nice bloke and all that....and fans love him....this, if there is any truth in it....would be the most ridiculous signing....where would he play?

The whole Club trains and plays 5 3 2....we have identified and brought players in the fit that system, so overnight they are going to change everything just to fit a likeable winger in?

He does get pissed off quite easily when someone "tells him off". Pretty sure he didn't celebrate a goal once for us & when asked about it after said he didn't want to as he was angry with a team-mate at the time.

One of his team mates had put him 'on a low' was the way I heard the interview.

So not angry with anyone, more fed up and dispirited by what someone had said to him. Didn't stop him scoring but he was still hurting from the comments.

I really don't think Albert does anger or bitterness.

And 'Karanka' sounds remarkably like 'a w***** ', doesn't he?  :whistle2:

I just tweeted Alan Nixon who is a journo up with most transfer stories it seems:

"@price_of_cider: @reluctantnicko, do you know if Bristol City are actually interested in bringing adomah back to the gate or is it merely him wanting back?"

His reply;

"@reluctantnicko: @price_of_cider Bristol City want him. Boro are not pleased."

As much as AA is a nice bloke and all that....and fans love him....this, if there is any truth in it....would be the most ridiculous signing....where would he play?

The whole Club trains and plays 5 3 2....we have identified and brought players in the fit that system, so overnight they are going to change everything just to fit a likeable winger in?

Of course Cotts. wouldn't change the whole system to fit Albert in. However he might be considering bringing in new players for other system options and if he didn't think Albert was adaptable I'm sure he wouldn't consider him for moment.

Being able to adapt to playing more than one position is one of Cotts'. first criteria when looking at a signing.

Let's not forget he's altered Freeman's position - and does Albert play as an out and out winger for Ghana anyway?

If we are interested then great Cotts obviously will know where he wants to play him. If we aren't then ah well no loss. Why are people so concerned. 

If we sign a defender who's he going to replace, same for midfield and attack. People say we need players but don't seem to want to change the team or formation.

If we signed Maguire for example I could see him playing in a back 4 not a 5. We really only played a back 5 to cover for Flints lack of mobility and Williams lack of dominance. Ayling is the only one I could see in a back 4.

Of course Cotts. wouldn't change the whole system to fit Albert in. However he might be considering bringing in new players for other system options and if he didn't think Albert was adaptable I'm sure he wouldn't consider him for moment.

Being able to adapt to playing more than one position is one of Cotts'. first criteria when looking at a signing.

Let's not forget he's altered Freeman's position - and does Albert play as an out and out winger for Ghana anyway?

Albert isn't an out and out winger, no. He plays on the right side of a forward 3 for Boro.

Nevertheless, Spud is right it's very difficult to see where AA would fit into our current formation - one that we surely aren't looking to change any time soon considering the success it's brought us.

For AA to come here he would need reassurance he'd be starting games and I don't see how that is possible at the moment. No way is he suitable for the Freeman role, or wingback so that just leaves up front as part of a two.

All in all it was agreed day out, about 1.5 hours drive up with great company.

The riverside impressed me, a lot better than Ayresome park, trust me.

All the boro fans seemed nice enough, however they lacked much in the way of vocal support, whilst our few that had made the trip did a good job in cheering on the mighty reds.

Great for Albert, and from him in return.

The biggest plus for me though was the preformance of Bobby Reid, I thought he bossed that midfield, as did Korey but MOTM must have been Hamer, commanding, strong, vociferous and a couple of absolute worldys.

A superb day out.

I'm not convinced AA would be SC's first priority. SL wants a marquee signing (Bridges, Stewart, Jamo in the past and bids for Gayle/Grey this year).

Putting 2+2 together - I wonder if this is SL's preference more than SC..

I really hope that SL has learned his lesson on that score, Foggy

Apparently under the defensive minded Karanka he has been playing right wing back with defensive duties and was blamed for Derby's goal because he lost his man at a corner (Johnny Russell).

However, this was an interesting read http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/adomah-came-boro-player-now-9905450

If he has now developed his defending and keeping the team shape, then Littles place as RWB is the only position I could see Albert playing.

Me too, it just seems odd to me. We've not been linked with any wingers really all summer.. Then out of the blue.. Adomah.

Of all wingers, it's him. Someone fans love, someone presumably SL enjoyed watching.

It's all a bit convenient..

Yeah, get your point - I'd hope that someone would tell him to keep his nose out

I'm not sure if you can do that to the billionaire bank roller of it all though!

Archived