IGNORED

Albert Adomah (Merged)

BCFC Jordan

Agreed. It was a real shame they never got to play in the same team here (at least not from the start). What kick started Palace's success was the two wingers (Zaha/Bolasie) - the fact they had to players that were such a threat created a lot of space for the rest of the team. Whereas when we struggled in the Championship, all teams knew that they only had to put a few men on Albert and mark him out of the game, and we'd offer little resistance.

Albert would look just as good in the PL as Yannick. Maybe not as flashy on the highlights but his end product would be very similar, if not better.

Pretty sure they started together against Burnley at home in one of McInnes' early games. Some of their interplay was brilliant that day...

Why would he sign a player who has no place in the system we use?

This formation isn't set in stone. There will be times when we want to use a different shape.

Cotterill said after the home game against Chesterfield las tseason that he was itching to try 4-3-3. We had no need of it last year as the wing back system proved too good for most of our opponents but having players flexible enough to play a variety of formations must be something Cotterill would prefer to have at his disposal. 

4-3-3 is a perfect fit for Adomah but I don't expect for one minute we'll buy him (more's the pity). What I do expect is that we'll need to change formation for games this season, even if it's only during games rather than from the outset. And if we change to 4-3-3, we already have players to fit in on the right of a front 3 - Agard or Burns - which makes Albert's return even more unlikely.

Just like Luke Freeman yeah? Was always a left sided midfielder before coming to us!

Adomah's main threat is his pace. He's a winger, pure and simple. He would be an expensive purchase no doubt so to spend big money on a winger and play him at CAM is a waste IMO, especially when you're just playing him out of position for the sake of accommodating him.

AA has created 10 goals in two seasons. Freeman had double that in one season. I just don't see him being effective centrally, he relies on pace to beat a man and I'd rather have a better passer of the ball (ie Freeman) in that central role.

Adomah's main threat is his pace. He's a winger, pure and simple. He would be an expensive purchase no doubt so to spend big money on a winger and play him at CAM is a waste IMO, especially when you're just playing him out of position for the sake of accommodating him.

AA has created 10 goals in two seasons. Freeman had double that in one season. I just don't see him being effective centrally, he relies on pace to beat a man and I'd rather have a better passer of the ball (ie Freeman) in that central role.

Yeah that's fair points, I'm sure if Cotts was serious about bringing him in then he would feel AA would suit a position in our formation, whether that's RWB, CAM or even up front is yet to be seen.

Personally I can't see him coming to a newly promoted club which he left when we got relegated. Just a step back in his career, but who knows!

Yeah that's fair points, I'm sure if Cotts was serious about bringing him in then he would feel AA would suit a position in our formation, whether that's RWB, CAM or even up front is yet to be seen.

Personally I can't see him coming to a newly promoted club which he left when we got relegated. Just a step back in his career, but who knows!

Yeah I can't see it either, odd that he would want to leave Boro though unless he thinks he can get a Prem move. Would expect them to be challenging for automatic again this year

Yeah I can't see it either, odd that he would want to leave Boro though unless he thinks he can get a Prem move. Would expect them to be challenging for automatic again this year

Completely agree with you, but of course the rumour mill will start now. There's no source showing he's asked to leave or even wants too? Can't see why he would unless it's for the premier league!

Archived