IGNORED

Rugby World Cup Thread

Super

I'm not entirely surprised that Farrell is starting- the Welsh are physical and it might be more important to have someone who can stand up to that in the first 60 than someone like Ford who can create gaps. The Burgess one is stranger- I'm not sure quite where they think he's going to punch the holes. I would still say England are favourites, providing the scrum sorts itself our

I'm going to Italy v Canada and Scotland v USA in Leeds this weekend, can't frigging wait 

Will the Welsh be anymore physical than Fiji? More disciplined with it, perhaps, but that wasn't a bad test last weekend. I'm at a wedding all day with no chance of watching, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not!

Enjoy the games you're off to, as my eldest says, well jel!

Will the Welsh be anymore physical than Fiji? More disciplined with it, perhaps, but that wasn't a bad test last weekend. I'm at a wedding all day with no chance of watching, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not!

Enjoy the games you're off to, as my eldest says, well jel!

Oh, I'm not saying I agree with the decision, just speculating on the reasons behind it

I was at a wedding on Friday just gone- a combination of mobile phone and frequent trips back to the hotel room because "I forgot something" or "need a lie down for ten minutes" meant I saw most of the England game. The wife wasn't impressed mind (she rarely is!)

I've got my fingers crossed for a Canadian win on Saturday, can't decide who to support on Sunday. Normally would go for the underdog, but I'll be damned if I'm chanting "USA! USA! USA!" For 80 minutes! 

Oh, I'm not saying I agree with the decision, just speculating on the reasons behind it

I was at a wedding on Friday just gone- a combination of mobile phone and frequent trips back to the hotel room because "I forgot something" or "need a lie down for ten minutes" meant I saw most of the England game. The wife wasn't impressed mind (she rarely is!)

I've got my fingers crossed for a Canadian win on Saturday, can't decide who to support on Sunday. Normally would go for the underdog, but I'll be damned if I'm chanting "USA! USA! USA!" For 80 minutes

Drinking bud, eating hot dogs, you'll be all over it Chip!

Excellent from Namibia.

By the way, I normally hate these petition things, but this is for itv to drop the Paloma Faith version of world in union

https://www.change.org/p/itv-sport-remove-paloma-faith-from-the-rugby-world-cup

Agreed- they gave a great account of themselves and the way they kept kicking for touch when given penalties looking for a try was great. Glad they got the reward in the end. It was a decent score too. Not quite as good as Sonny Bill's offload for that Fekitoa try though- my word

To be honest, everything about the ITV coverage is that shit, I have the sound down until 5 minutes before play starts. It's only saving grace is that it's not quite as bad as I thought it would be (I'd worked on the assumption it would be practically unwatchable, as most itv sport is) 

EDIT: http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/bbarry/video-sonny-bill-williams-majestic-off-load-v-namibia/

Theee tacklers in attendance, his days playing 13-man rugby definitely coming through there

Fair play to Namibia last night, not the 100 point mauling I predicted to MR yesterday

To get a try as well - what a night for them

I think I said they'd get hockeyed as well to be fair. They played great, couldn't really have done any more. The try was brilliant for them and I think everyone was really pleased - except NZ.

Agreed- they gave a great account of themselves and the way they kept kicking for touch when given penalties looking for a try was great. Glad they got the reward in the end. It was a decent score too. Not quite as good as Sonny Bill's offload for that Fekitoa try though- my word

To be honest, everything about the ITV coverage is that shit, I have the sound down until 5 minutes before play starts. It's only saving grace is that it's not quite as bad as I thought it would be (I'd worked on the assumption it would be practically unwatchable, as most itv sport is) 

EDIT: http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/bbarry/video-sonny-bill-williams-majestic-off-load-v-namibia/

Theee tacklers in attendance, his days playing 13-man rugby definitely coming through there

Spot on, Chip. ITV make a real balls of almost anything they turn their hand to. Still, we must be grateful that they haven't whacked some adverts on when they should be showing a match-winning try, as they love doing with the football. Absolute shower.

Archived