IGNORED

Fair Play To Him

AshtonGreat

I saw that earlier, realistically he's not going to say "well to be honest, city offered me 4k per week less than Burnley so I turned them down".

I can see from a footballing perspective why he'd want to go there, better chance at promotion (on paper!), strong squad and lots of people find Dyche very impressive.

I personally hope he gets grief tomorrow, not because he deserves it - just because it'll help the noise around the ground.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I just read this interview with Andre Gray. Says some nice things about us, so I hope he doesn't get too much grief tomorrow...

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13631980.Burnley_a_better_place_than_Bristol_City_for_me__says_new_Clarets_striker_Andre_Gray/

I hope that him , Gayle and any other player who did n't sign for us really regret it at the end of the season .

He seems very honest in that interview, and he really wasn't obliged to be nice to us at all, so I respect that. A bit of ribbing is fine but I hope it doesn't get nasty - we should show more class than that

We won't though, he'll get booed every time he touches the ball for the first 20 mins whether he deserves it or not!

Yes lets just clap him as he turned us down for someone else because we want to make out we are this lovely friendly club.

Well I have news for you we are Bristol City we dont take kindly to being made fools of, he deserves all the stick he gets tomorrow! COYR!!

Erm... no one said that we should clap him

Personally I want EVERY Burnley player to be given grief. And I want it to be the same no matter who the visiting team is.

I want away teams to rock up the Gate absolutely shitting a brick about the noise and the animosity towards them.

I seem to remember players and managers from opposing clubs commenting on the noise at AG. Phil Brown at Hull was one that stands out.

I want that again; make it a tricky place to come. Our first 11 can match most, but at home they need that advantage from us.

Regardless of the money, most players would think that Burnley is a better career move than City. They were in the Premiership last season and have mega bucks to spend on players due to the parachute payments. They also have a good manager, like City, who has the support of the owner. We need to become established in the Championship to change the footballing perception of the city. (Some increased revenue from a fully developed ground will also be nice)

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I just read this interview with Andre Gray. Says some nice things about us, so I hope he doesn't get too much grief tomorrow...

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13631980.Burnley_a_better_place_than_Bristol_City_for_me__says_new_Clarets_striker_Andre_Gray/

So, he's been given some advice on how to manage his brand and PR, and after several quick statements, all is fine?

Perhaps making daft statements about going to a better club (to help his career) and soon wanting to play for England are easily forgotten? Personally, anything we do to help unsettle opposition players at the gate should be encouraged, we want a fortress where players find it hard to play don't we? After all, aren't we the 12th man?

So, lets hope the "what a waste of money" and "England, you're having a laugh" chants soon appear - he chose elsewhere over us, so why support him in any manner or be nice to him because latterly he suggested Bristol City was actually a good club that he respected, we only support BCFC, don't we?

Anyone in their right mind wouldn't want to join this Club right now... I know I wouldn't if I were in his position.

As a fan....of course you are going to support them.

But you really have to ask yourself why players don't want to come here....it's not just finance.

A shiny new stadium and 'dreams' are not going to entice you.

He talked to 'football people' for advice. They told him to go to Burnley....not us.

SC talks of trying to make BCFC a 'fashionable place, players want to come too'. And that 'he doesn't know how to ...as he's sold it as much as he can'.

People in football know we can't splash the cash like we used to, because of FFP and all the restrictions that brings.

They see our previous turnover of managers...our recent spiralling out of the Championship....Our poor set up, our poor scouting, our Academy that leaks players and staff, our managers frustrations, hardly anyone else signing for us, Butting of heads between manager and Board, open talk of limited money....apart from 'Boro....a poor start to the season and pre season....apart from Last season....why would you want to come here?

We have a lot to prove and change still....and those in football know that.

As for Burnley....they are a fantastically run football club, with everything set up right to succeed....even though they are not a 'Big gun'. The 'Football side' of that Club is one admired by many...ask anyone in the game. As for our's....people snigger.

Anyone in their right mind wouldn't want to join this Club right now... I know I wouldn't if I were in his position.

But you really have to ask yourself why players don't want to come here....it's not just finance.

He talked to 'football people' for advice. They told him to go to Burnley....not us.

SC talks of trying to make BCFC a 'fashionable place, players want to come too'. And that 'he doesn't know how to ...as he's sold it as much as he can'.

People in football know we can't splash the cash like we used to, because of FFP and all the restrictions that brings.

They see our previous turnover of managers...our recent spiralling out of the Championship....Our poor set up, our poor scouting, our Academy that leaks players and staff, our managers frustrations, hardly anyone else signing for us, Butting of heads between manager and Board, open talk of limited money....apart from 'Boro....a poor start to the season and pre season....apart from Last season....why would you want to come here?

As for Burnley....they are a fantastically run football club, with everything set up right to succeed....even though they are not a 'Big gun'. The 'Football side' of that Club is one admired by many...ask anyone in the game. As for our's....people snigger.

Ouch - thats a bit scathing from one of our own isnt it ?

As for Burnley....they are a fantastically run football club, with everything set up right to succeed....even though they are not a 'Big gun'. The 'Football side' of that Club is one admired by many...ask anyone in the game. As foru our's....people snigger.

I would say in this day and age money is the driving factor in 9 out of 10 deals. People keep making a big deal about clubs being 'attractive', 'on the up', 'nice place to live' etc etc.

But your average footballer doesn't give a shit about any of that, it's all about money for the vast majority.

I would say in this day and age money is the driving factor in 9 out of 10 deals. People keep making a big deal about clubs being 'attractive', 'on the up', 'nice place to live' etc etc.

But your average footballer doesn't give a shit about any of that, it's all about money for the vast majority.

I agree....money comes into a lot of the equation. But as a young player commiting 3 years or more of your life to a Club, you want it to be a Club that will improve you and have a chance of bettering yourself. Unfortunately right now...we aren't particularly compared with other Clubs in this league.

The biggest problem, is we have looked and are looking at players in the Championship and Prem which is awash with money. Those players are used to it being around.

We are a Club like Brentford in this league.... so you cut your cloth accordingly. Look at where they have recruited from in the past two seasons.

If you can't compete financially....you look elsewhere.

Big wake up call to some at our Club I reckon....they think we are more attractive than we are....'Big Dreamers'.

Archived