IGNORED

Cotts On Radio Bristol

BRIAN WILSON

Well it's quite difficult to know what is going on when we have nothing but a load of cryptic messages thrown about on this forum that are apparently "ITK" yet quite frankly say bugger all apart from how bad things are supposed to be behind the scenes.

I look at performances of the team solely, and if there is something dreadful happening between Cotterill and his players behind closed doors then they are doing a bloody bad job of showing how awful he is to them. The performances have been superb bar a few lapses of concentration, there is nothing on the outside that is showing this so say unrest.

So you'll have to forgive me for saying things how I see it with my own eyes, is there frustration regarding transfers, of course, is the money there, yes, can we force players to sign for us, no. I'm not sure how losing out to Burnley parachute payments means there is a crisis behind the scenes. Ambition was shown in the market, it didn't work so far. We still have a very good first eleven that has shown it can compete with the best of this league. If there was such a bad atmosphere in the camp there would be very obvious signs on a Saturday afternoon that all is not ok.

How was ambition shown in the market?!?

Anyone could have offered 6-9m for grey dam well knowing he would never sign on the wages offered... To me it was more a publicity stunt to appease the city fans which has now gone horribly wrong!

No Bob that's not it at all. Both you and Spudski have insinuated for some time that there's something rather sinister/ unpleasant/wrong going on behind the scenes.

When you guys have been asked to show your hand- you won't/don't/can't.

There's no point in popping into the kitchen if you can't stand the heat.

I'm completely prepared to totally agree that something has gone very wrong with our transfers but until there is conclusive proof that there is a major behind the scenes problem- it's just mother's in the playground tittle tattle to the rest of us on OTIB.

You weren't at the game today but I think we saw a very good BCFC team who clearly wanted to win and were unlucky not to. We are so close- so very close to being a really good Championship team. However, if you just look at the score it tells you a different story.

If you just look at the lack of transfer business- it also tells you a different story but you or Spudski or anyone else  on here are not privy to the facts, not at meetings with Burt or SC or SL so it's just pure speculation in the absence of hard evidence.

I don't doubt your support for City or that of Spudski ( who clearly knows more about the game than me) but this whole SC thing is just plain silly and , imo, stirs up more sillyness.

If what I hear is correct It's just not transfers I assure you , if you can't accept that sometimes you can't 'show your hand' well Cest la vie

As for the whole Sc thing being just plain silly - let's hope you are right and a few of us on here are way off the mark - if not things will take their natural course

Can't believe from his interviews etc alone than anyone thinks all is well at AG or it's just a bit of frustration

For all the player loving him - just take a. Moment - he was hardly the centre of their affection at the end of last season - that's not a dig - just an interesting observation - but again those who want to recall / see it differently will do

And , like it or not he doesn't win that many popularity contests within the game

Not very professional to be gossiping behind their backs.

Hi eAM...How do you think players get to know about other Clubs?

They speak to Agents, Coaches and other players who will have had some association with the Club they are interested in.

Football has more gossip amongst those in it, than a washer womans reunion. It's just the way it is.

Professional  football is a closed shop...they want it that way. It is very much a job for the boys profession. They want to keep it that way and talk openly amongst themselves...but very rarely let the 'truth' out to the public. They are basically protecting their jobs.

Well- ok, we'll just have to see how things develop. I don't think for one minute that SL has lost any of his desire to get City to the top but that's just my opinion based on what I see. I imagine SC is a very tricky individual when things aren't going his way- he is a control freak by his own admission but exactly as Sceech says- the players show no sign of any discontent in their performances.

And on that subject, I don't often leave a match feeling happy having lost but what I'm seeing is a side with Championship quality who certainly didn't look like a team who were two divisions below the visitors last season - quite the opposite. We were also without ,imo, our most creative player in Freeman whilst Joe just seemed to have an off day.

If we can just get those elusive 2-3 players in then we will be challenging at the right end of the table- I know that, you know that and I'm pretty sure SL knows that..... even if a little belatedly.

Fair enough fella...but I don't think anyone on this forum has insinuated that there is a problem between SC and the players from his main team from last season.

If what I hear is correct It's just not transfers I assure you , if you can't accept that sometimes you can't 'show your hand' well Cest la vie

As for the whole Sc thing being just plain silly - let's hope you are right and a few of us on here are way off the mark - if not things will take their natural course

Can't believe from his interviews etc alone than anyone thinks all is well at AG or it's just a bit of frustration

For all the player loving him - just take a. Moment - he was hardly the centre of their affection at the end of last season - that's not a dig - just an interesting observation - but again those who want to recall / see it differently will do

And , like it or not he doesn't win that many popularity contests within the game

But the point is Bob, if you think you know something that's in the fan's interest to know but then go all cloak and dagger then why bother saying anything? I just don't think it's helpful.

I genuinely have absolutely no idea what you mean by SC was "hardly the centre of their affection at the end of last season"- it's not that I don't recall it or see it differently- I just haven't a clue what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure it wasn't discussed on OTIB. 

As for popularity- I'm sure you're right but not bad for someone who's managed for 20 yrs and has a pretty good CV. There is a bit of Cloughie about him albeit without the dry humour.

But the point is Bob, if you think you know something that's in the fan's interest to know but then go all cloak and dagger then why bother saying anything? I just don't think it's helpful.

Ok,- Won't carry this on now - I've explained myself

As for the above - it's been debated many times on here, particularly in relation to transfers - do people not realise that by giving specifics about some events - you can easily jeapordise somebody's living / career dependent on who and how many were privy to said incident or conversation or whatever

Not bothered whether people believe what I or some others are saying as what will happen will happen but I also think there are some naive people about in some aspects and others who refuse to believe anything is wrong and others who won't accept any doubt or criticism of the club at any point

As for the above - it's been debated many times on here, particularly in relation to transfers - do people not realise that by giving specifics about some events - you can easily jeapordise somebody's living / career dependent on who and how many were privy to said incident or conversation or whatever

Not bothered whether people believe what I or some others are saying as what will happen will happen but I also think there are some naive people about in some aspects and others who refuse to believe anything is wrong and others who won't accept any doubt or criticism of the club at any point

Well thanks for clearing that up then Bob. I feel everything is so much clearer now you have explained nothing at all about what is wrong at the club.

Hopefully Spudski can chip in next with his cryptic messages about how people in the game have talked to him about something being wrong at the club but not actually saying what it is.

Amazed that it's so open within the game that it's bad at Bristol City, yet, when you ask for general information what it is, nobody can say for fear of implementing the whole of the football world.

I get what you say, and this really is not a dig, but can you also understand the frustration of normal fans like me when you and some others say 'I know stuff, a lot is wrong behind the scenes - but I cannot say what'.

It's just kind of makes any situation worse, as I start internally speculating on 101 possible scenarios. If you cannot say, fine, just say nothing, (at least in relation to those kind of issues?).

Well thanks for clearing that up then Bob. I feel everything is so much clearer now you have explained nothing at all about what is wrong at the club.

Hopefully Spudski can chip in next with his cryptic messages about how people in the game have talked to him about something being wrong at the club but not actually saying what it is.

Amazed that it's so open within the game that it's bad at Bristol City, yet, when you ask for general information what it is, nobody can say for fear of implementing the whole of the football world.

If you don't like it - there's always the option of finding out yourself what's going on

Or you can keep clapping , reassuring yourself that all is well at AG , despite public indications alone (available to all) to the contrary ( with a source too ! )and slag off anyone that fails to meet your expectations

If you don't like it - there's always the option of finding out yourself what's going on

Or you can keep clapping and slag off anyone that fails to meet your expectations

Haha, I'm trying to find out, we all are. But you aren't saying anything. How ironic.

I get what you say, and this really is not a dig, but can you also understand the frustration of normal fans like me when you and some others say 'I know stuff, a lot is wrong behind the scenes - but I cannot say what'.

It's just kind of makes any situation worse, as I start internally speculating on 101 possible scenarios. If you cannot say, fine, just say nothing, (at least in relation to those kind of issues?).

Ahhhhhh a polite post

I do understand exile but what do people want - the list of things that have come my way but as I have explained I have not witnessed myself so they can spend the next 7'pages as slagging off everything as bullsh*t ? (Not directed at you)

I've been concerned that all not well for a while now but kept stum as this is the crap you get ( not your post )

I'm p'd off with events at my club and I finally had to express an opinion - to which everyone wants sufficient evidence to convict somebody at the Old Bailey

Wish these same people would keep their attacks for the d***s who claim we are definitely signing / have signed *******' who are WUMs and nothing more

People can believe what they want to believe - all these unfortunate events are mere coincidence and everything is absolutely hunky dory at Ashton Gate - everyone happy now ?

The truth is Spuds we have just won our first league title for a very long time collecting 99 points along the way and winning a cup at Wembley. For you to suggest all is not well behind the scenes is laughable.

That's your prerogative to believe...as for it being laughable...you seriously have no idea....but hey ho...continue believing what you want...I'm not going to get into a slanging match. You believe what you want...that's fine. I'll believe what I know. We can agree to disagree like adults.

I'm not going to get into a 'them and us' scenario, that some trolls continue to want. Not including you in that.

My last word on it.

Or you can keep clapping , reassuring yourself that all is well at AG , despite public indications alone (available to all) to the contrary ( with a source too ! )and slag off anyone that fails to meet your expectations

I don't think people want to 'keep clapping' like some naive lemming that you're portraying. But if they don't know the specifics of what the problems are what are they supposed to do? Get on the clubs back accusing them of potential issues of which they have heard cryptic rumours? Not that they could do anything about things even if they did know the details.

Some people just choose to not get caught up in speculation of matters which they cannot affect anyway. They offer what they can, which is their support from the stands, hoping to at least provide something positive to the players and coaching team that are out there. Hopefully reminding them what it's all about aside from the drama of club politics.

That's your prerogative to believe...as for it being laughable...you seriously have no idea....but hey ho...continue believing what you want...I'm not going to get into a slanging match. You believe what you want...that's fine. I'll believe what I know. We can agree to disagree like adults.

I'm not going to get into a 'them and us' scenario, that some trolls continue to want. Not including you in that.

My last word on it.

How can you believe something on second hand information? I'll stick to what I know which is we have won a league title and a trophy and are half way through an impressive rebuild of the stadium. That's facts that can't be argued with.

Let's just lance the boil here and get Cotts out the door; the not-so-subtle brigade on here (seriously; please never write any detective fiction, you'd all be shit at it) are all but bursting to tell us how much of weapon everyone connected with the club thinks SC is (although you'll understand that they are too considerate and decent to say exactly what they mean; better speculate like little swivelled-eyed fishwives, as it's more respectful, of course).

Honestly; can't all those with 'The Secert Knowledge' just start a bloody 'Cotts Out' thread to contain everything related to this topic - seems to crop up everywhere else anyway.

For my money; bonkers transfer window or not, we dominated League One last year, and even lacking depth, we are hardly Blackpool last year - a couple of weeks licking our wounds, and getting refocused, and I think we'll see a difference over the next five games.

I await the usual responses from the usual crowd explaininng why I'm wrong for daring to imply some people on here just like stirring the pot.

How can you believe something on second hand information? I'll stick to what I know which is we have won a league title and a trophy and are half way through an impressive rebuild of the stadium. That's facts that can't be argued with.

And we've also had a farcical transfer window and were unable to field a full compliment of subs today.

But no, you're right, everything's hunky dory.

So,I'm the only person in the whole world that can tell you ???

Oh well - not my fault

I don't live locally I'm afraid so I do rely on those that claim to know things to actually say what they know, otherwise it's meaningless gossip.

We have all seen teams that are not playing for the manager (GJ), and what I am witnessing on the pitch is so far removed from that, that I refuse to believe there is anything more than a few training ground handbags at dawn usual stuff you get at every training ground. Cotterill is a bad loser, I know that much, he isn't great with the media, probably down to him being stereotyped as a brand of football and being burned in the past. 

Let's just lance the boil here and get Cotts out the door; the not-so-subtle brigade on here (seriously; please never write any detective fiction, you'd all be shit at it) are all but bursting to tell us how much of weapon everyone connected with the club thinks SC is (although you'll understand that they are too considerate and decent to say exactly what they mean; better speculate like little swivelled-eyed fishwives, as it's more respectful, of course).

Honestly; can't all those with 'The Secert Knowledge' just start a bloody 'Cotts Out' thread to contain everything related to this topic - seems to crop up everywhere else anyway.

For my money; bonkers transfer window or not, we dominated League One last year, and even lacking depth, we are hardly Blackpool last year - a couple of weeks licking our wounds, and getting refocused, and I think we'll see a difference over the next five games.

I await the usual responses from the usual crowd explaininng why I'm wrong for daring to imply some people on here just like stirring the pot.

Well ******* said.

Problem with posts like this, is that you and others who seem to be so vitriolic have presumed posts have been made to get rid of Cotts.

Who has said it's Cotts that's the problem...or anything to do with the first team eleven?

So many people read things how they want to read them.

Problem with posts like this, is that you and others who seem to be so vitriolic have presumed posts have been made to get rid of Cotts.

Who has said it's Cotts that's the problem?

So many people read things how they want to read them.

Just tell us exactly what the problem is then, otherwise it must be assumed there isn't one.

So,I'm the only person in the whole world that can tell you ???

Oh well - not my fault

You probably aren't - but as he doesn't know anybody else privy to the info that you are, you are the only person that can enlighten. But you won't.

That is ironic.

I'm sure you have in your mind good reasons why you won't, but in my view nobody should make insinuations unless backed up by fact that you are prepared to divulge, it's bordering defamatory.

Archived