IGNORED

Cotts On Radio Bristol

BRIAN WILSON

Problem with posts like this, is that you and others who seem to be so vitriolic have presumed posts have been made to get rid of Cotts.

Who has said it's Cotts that's the problem?

So many people read things how they want to read them.

Not "vitriolic"; just bored of the 'drop drip' of folks determined to delight in the club's dark moments.

And sorry to break this to you, but whether you mean it or not, it's pretty clear where you stand on our current manager, Spud. Sure; might be the way I read it, but ever wonder why so, so many people take that stance? Perhaps they are all wrong, but after a while the old adage that gets thrown around regard our manager by certainly folks in that there's no smoke without fire comes to be in play.

As I mention; none of those posting these unsubtle comments are good enough writers to obsure their position - don't see that as "attacking the poster"; just the way I say it.

People can't expect to manage the way their writing is interpreted here in the way some seem to want to - say your piece and stand by it; don't try and back track when you're called out. It's a forum, not politics; pussyfooting around things doesn't win you anything.

Problem with posts like this, is that you and others who seem to be so vitriolic have presumed posts have been made to get rid of Cotts.

Who has said it's Cotts that's the problem...or anything to do with the first team eleven?

So many people read things how they want to read them.

Spudski, you have certainly been open about let us say the the general infrastructure of club, coaching, academy, that kind if thing. I do not know, but I am happy to be guided by those who are closer. Certainly given our ambition, we should be aiming to excel here.

That does not explain the mess of this transfer window.

I am left with a couple of scenarios:

1. Cotts genuinely believed he was going to get more financial support in the window than he has. If that is the case, then of course he is going to feel let down and frustrated.

2. The budget for wages is clear, and frankly he does not like it. In that case, I would be kind of with SL on that one. Everyone has to manage on a budget. We are living in a complete dream world if we believe we can out bid the big budget teams in this league. It is unfair, not a level playing field, but there you go. It is simply unacceptable to, in a professional sense, take your ball home. We simply have to have a different strategy than trying to outbid teams on parachute payments.

3 There is actually no clarity, in which case again I side with SC.

I suppose the remaining one is given the outcomes, SL and SC are joined at the hip and are happy where we are. Not inclined to believe that one.

The bottom line, is whilst to everyone other than the most blinkered, something is not quite right, I have not a scoobydoo what it is, or indeed is being alluded to, even in general terms.

Not "vitriolic"; just bored of the 'drop drip' of folks determined to delight in the club's dark moments.

And sorry to break this to you, but whether you mean it or not, it's pretty clear where you stand on our current manager, Spud. Sure; might be the way I read it, but ever wonder why so, so many people take that stance? Perhaps they are all wrong, but after a while the old adage that gets thrown around regard our manager by certainly folks in that there's no smoke without fire comes to be in play.

As I mention; none of those posting these unsubtle comments are good enough writers to obsure their position - don't see that as "attacking the poster"; just the way I say it.

People can't expect to manage the way their writing is interpreted here in the way some seem to want to - say your piece and stand by it; don't try and back track when you're called out. It's a forum, not politics; pussyfooting around things doesn't win you anything.

Who's delighting in problems at the Club?

Just because people mention it, it doesn't mean they are delighting in it...in fact it's the opposite.

It just seems that some don't want to face up to the fact that everything isn't smelling of roses.

Why do you think it's gone so wrong in the transfer market this season? Because all is well?

I don't care what forum members want and demand...it's not for you or anyone else to control or demand.

As it's got so mental on here...Especially so much pointed at me personally I'm going to choose to just read this forum for a while and not partake.

I will continue to do so via PM with those who I have had correspondence with recently.

Just wish people could see that talking about 'negative' things, doesn't mean there is an agenda against anyone. In fact it's the opposite. We want what's best for the club too. Sitting ignoring it, with rose tinted glasses won't make it go away.

Ahhhhhh a polite post

I do understand exile but what do people want - the list of things that have come my way but as I have explained I have not witnessed myself so they can spend the next 7'pages as slagging off everything as bullsh*t ? (Not directed at you)

I've been concerned that all not well for a while now but kept stum as this is the crap you get ( not your post )

I'm p'd off with events at my club and I finally had to express an opinion - to which everyone wants sufficient evidence to convict somebody at the Old Bailey

Wish these same people would keep their attacks for the d***s who claim we are definitely signing / have signed *******' who are WUMs and nothing more

People can believe what they want to believe - all these unfortunate events are mere coincidence and everything is absolutely hunky dory at Ashton Gate - everyone happy now ?

Top post.

For what it's worth, from what I have heard, Bob's hunches are pretty near the mark...

...and no, I won't either.

Slag me off if you will. I don't care and you don't know me.

All that I WILL say is that I have heard nothing of problems between Cotterill and the PLAYERS.

Ahhhhhh a polite post

I do understand exile but what do people want - the list of things that have come my way but as I have explained I have not witnessed myself so they can spend the next 7'pages as slagging off everything as bullsh*t ? (Not directed at you)

I've been concerned that all not well for a while now but kept stum as this is the crap you get ( not your post )

I'm p'd off with events at my club and I finally had to express an opinion - to which everyone wants sufficient evidence to convict somebody at the Old Bailey

Wish these same people would keep their attacks for the d***s who claim we are definitely signing / have signed *******' who are WUMs and nothing more

People can believe what they want to believe - all these unfortunate events are mere coincidence and everything is absolutely hunky dory at Ashton Gate - everyone happy now ?

I don't understand how you are supposed to believe something you don't know...

If someone in work who knows more than me (more senior, HR - they always know - etc) rocks up and says "All's not well, but I can't tell you what/why", me not automatically assuming things are wrong doesn't mean I think they're perfect either, just that I've got nothing concrete to go on. Not being able to knit a way through the foggier comments on here doesn't make someone a 'happy clapper', just that it's difficult to draw conclusions from hints. 

Who's backtracking Samo ???

Well, being you'll not straight up say what it is you claim to know, guess it is hard for you to backtrack.

Just achingly tired of the whole "OoOOOooooh something ain't right, and my 'sources' say... well, that would be telling..." when anyone paying attention could tell you something isn't right, without the need for the claims to be inside some apparent circle of trust.

No inside knowledge at all.. But if we are struggling come December and QPR or someone of that ilk is too.. I can see Cotts being poached and not putting up much of a fight!

Something is obviously not right here.

The team we have are good though, they never give up. What we lack is guile and know how. Burnley have a team of experienced pros and it showed today, with Joey Barton they're adding even more! We bested them but we're still a bit naive and will be until we get some experience in.

I don't understand how you are supposed to believe something you don't know...

Seems like a polite / genuine question so I'll try and explain as quickly but as best I can

'A Considered opinion' is possibly best description

- Ill try and keep it simple (not trying to be sarcastic)

Some bits you know ( interviews , from horses mouth and others)

Other bits , when you hear the same / very similar story , about a particular incident or general problem , from two or three or four completely unconnected unrelated sources and 'areas' for the source

Add to that some experience around the game and consideration of the information and how possible / likely

(for a simple example - someone tells me that Steve Lansdown had been in dressing room shouting at players I wouldn't be having that , even if I heard it from 4 or 5 !different sources (unless it was 4 players and a coach say)

When you keep hearing the same thing about certain incidents and aspects the ' circumstantial evidence ' becomes quite strong

Cue hysteria about 'circumstantial evidence' ( sufficient to convict somebody of murder in British Courts btw)

Well thanks for clearing that up then Bob. I feel everything is so much clearer now you have explained nothing at all about what is wrong at the club.

Hopefully Spudski can chip in next with his cryptic messages about how people in the game have talked to him about something being wrong at the club but not actually saying what it is.

Amazed that it's so open within the game that it's bad at Bristol City, yet, when you ask for general information what it is, nobody can say for fear of implementing the whole of the football world.

Exactly this. Wtf is it these people are trying to say. Cotts is some sort of slave driver with a short temper and jes not a very nice person. Umm, that is obvious to anyone. Obviously they are suggesting there is far worse going on but if you arent prepared to say exactly what you really are better off saying nothing at all.

Dude, rather than shying away and saying that something may happen when the moon is at it's zenith on a day ending in Q just spit it out. Youve been called out a zillion times,and your reticience is such that people are refusing to believe what you say because you are so passive agressive and then disappear. You may lose your sources. What's best, your sources and 'importance' or the club?

Yup; nailed it. This is how I would have responded if you were wondering, Spud.

This apparent 'behind the scenes' whispering that people have alluded to has reached kill point for me; spit it out, or be prepared to have people take what you say as bunk.

Crazy ain't it. You've only got to watch Cotterill's interviews since the Yeovil friendly to work that out.

They were beginning to give the impression it was something far more "Interesting".

Id be more worried if they were all getting along like nothings wrong after the transfer window we've had. I hope they're all proper pissed off!!

I'll sleep better now....

Exactly this. Wtf is it these people are trying to say. Cotts is some sort of slave driver with a short temper and jes not a very nice person. Umm, that is obvious to anyone. Obviously they are suggesting there is far worse going on but if you arent prepared to say exactly what you really are better off saying nothing at all.

It is like trying the pin the tail on the donkey, but before it was said it seemed to be implying more of an issue between SL and the Board than in fairness SC and the players...I think.

Seems like a polite / genuine question so I'll try and explain as quickly but as best I can

Other bits , when you hear the same / very similar story , about a particular incident or general problem , from two or three or four completely unconnected unrelated sources and 'areas' for the source

Add to that some experience around the game and consideration of the information and how possible / likely

(for a simple example - someone tells me that Steve Lansdown had been in dressing room shouting at players I wouldn't be having that , even if I heard it from 4 or 5 !different sources (unless it was 4 players and a coach say)

When you keep hearing the same thing about certain incidents and aspects the ' circumstantial evidence ' becomes quite strong

Cue hysteria about 'circumstantial evidence' ( sufficient to convict somebody of murder in British Courts btw)

Er, I think you may have missed the point. You haven't actually mentioned what it is you've heard!

Yes but you are expecting us mere mortals to believe something we don't know. I'm not asking about you.

Don't succumb to the pressure Bob...it isn't worth it...seriously...it really isn't...but you probably already know that.

As for the vitriolic...I'll happily say nothing from now on...and as far as i'm concerned I don't care whether people believe me or not.

And regardless of what I or anyone says on here...it's not going to make one blind difference to what goes on at the Club.

And after seeing what happened to that poor bloke on the Blackpool forum...I'm not going to risk anything openly.

I'm quiet happy for it all to pan out eventually....and for people to believe it's all bung if they want to...no skin off my nose.

If what I hear is correct It's just not transfers I assure you , if you can't accept that sometimes you can't 'show your hand' well Cest la vie

As for the whole Sc thing being just plain silly - let's hope you are right and a few of us on here are way off the mark - if not things will take their natural course

Can't believe from his interviews etc alone than anyone thinks all is well at AG or it's just a bit of frustration

For all the player loving him - just take a. Moment - he was hardly the centre of their affection at the end of last season - that's not a dig - just an interesting observation - but again those who want to recall / see it differently will do

And , like it or not he doesn't win that many popularity contests within the game

You speak as though this is public knowledge.

In which case I missed it, so perhaps you can enlighten me.

In what way was Cotterill 'hardly the centre of their ( the players') affection at the end of last season'?  :dunno:

Well, being you'll not straight up say what it is you claim to know, guess it is hard for you to backtrack.

Just achingly tired of the whole "OoOOOooooh something ain't right, and my 'sources' say... well, that would be telling..." when anyone paying attention could tell you something isn't right, without the need for the claims to be inside some apparent circle of trust.

I,don't KNOW things I DID NOT witness the things I've been told about

Shall I throw it round on a public forum what I've heard ??

Stuff the people who trust me well enough to tell me eh ?

It's more important I chuck it all in on OTIB as they are harranging me eh ?

Stuff my word and promises to the people who give me bits n pieces

Someone else posed a question to Spuds on here (RMleftfoot I think) What's more important the Club or your Sources

Quite simple for me - my sources

Had a very successful professional career relying on trust and people trusting me and my word -

See my post above as to how inform my opinions and based on what

I could chuck those morals aside and tell everyone on OTiB who make remarks but also want to know the information ......

Hmmm .... Let me think about that ...

Sorry if that upsets you but it ain't gonna change from my end

Someone else posed a question to Spuds on here (RMleftfoot I think) What's more important the Club or your Sources

Had a very successful professional career relying on trust and people trusting me and my word -

I could chuck those morals aside and tell everyone on OTiB who make remarks but also want to know the information ......

Why would I be upset? I'm just bored of seeing folks trying to act the big 'um and spreading rumours, yet actually saying nothing, like you've just done. Again.

It's interesting in both the responses from yourself and Spud that you ask me to answer lots of specific questions; irony that neither of you will do the very same seems completely lost on both of you.

It's a shame, as if you'd do more than just refer to these mysterious "sources" and "professionals" that seem happy to tell you all and sundry, and instead put something straightforward down, I'd probably accept what it is you say, but right now I just think you're playing.

I totally get you protecting your sources but why say anything fella? You must of known it would go this way if you were so vague on exactly what the problems are at the club. You may very well be genuine but surely you can see why people will acuse you of poo stirring.

Archived