IGNORED

Bucksred has died

Dollymarie

Right everybody. 

Funeral details. 

The funeral will be held on Friday the 18th at 5pm at Amersham Crematorium. The address is HP7 0ND. 

The wake will be at Wendover Royal British Legion, 12 Chiltern Road, HP22 6DB. 

Dress code is whatever you want. Suits etc not necessary. Jeans and t-shirt are fine, as are football shirts. 

I have Sharon's address if people want to send cards etc, but she would rather that wasn't put on here, so maybe either people could message me for her address, or cards could be sent to me and I will forward them. She would LOVE to hear your memories of Bucks. 

Hope that all makes sense. Yell if not. 

Coroner has confirmed Bucks death was a heart attack caused by a blood clot. It has given Sharon some comfort that she was with him when he died, in the knowledge that there was nothing she could have done. He was just 58. 

Right everybody. 

Funeral details. 

The funeral will be held on Friday the 18th at 5pm at Amersham Crematorium. The address is HP7 0ND. 

The wake will be at Wendover Royal British Legion, 12 Chiltern Road, HP22 6DB. 

Dress code is whatever you want. Suits etc not necessary. Jeans and t-shirt are fine, as are football shirts. 

I have Sharon's address if people want to send cards etc, but she would rather that wasn't put on here, so maybe either people could message me for her address, or cards could be sent to me and I will forward them. She would LOVE to hear your memories of Bucks. 

Hope that all makes sense. Yell if not. 

Coroner has confirmed Bucks death was a heart attack caused by a blood clot. It has given Sharon some comfort that she was with him when he died, in the knowledge that there was nothing she could have done. He was just 58. 

Thanks Dolls

To one of our City family, God bless Bucks from all at BCFC and the OTIB forum.

RIP.

Keep it simple Dolly.

This would be a sensible condolance.

If however Bucks retained any of his forces humour, then maybe (only Dolly, and those who know him, will know the answer to this, so they are best placed to judge if this is acceptable - I'll take the shit if it's unacceptable):

'REF, ARE YOU BLIND? That was never a sending off'

Good call chief, I'll raise a glass to the fella too....

A single malt would be appropriate, I think. We always enjoyed chatting about the delights of the uisge beatha when things got slow in the chat room. Horace will join me in remembering. Bucks always asked after him. 

Hello all, 

just got back. Turnout was outstanding. Service was lovely if very emotional.

i'll post more tomorrow as I'm shattered, but during the words said by the lady leading the service, she managed to get in the line "after all, there's only one team in Bristol" to which I cheered. 

Gave Sharon the card and told her there were some words in it from his football family.

Tomorrow I'll post a couple of the poems which were read out, and are very apt for all of us.

For now, I'm off to bed.

Hello all, 

i'll post more tomorrow as I'm shattered, but during the words said by the lady leading the service, she managed to get in the line "after all, there's only one team in Bristol" to which I cheered. 

Gave Sharon the card and told her there were some words in it from his football family.

Tomorrow I'll post a couple of the poems which were read out, and are very apt for all of us.

For now, I'm off to bed.

Rest in peace now Bucks, gone but never forgotten

Thanks Dolls, sounds like friends and family did him proud as was fitting for him.

Horrible things funerals, saying goodbye is very final. Hopefully Sharon will regard the words in the cards as some little comfort in the next few weeks, cos that's when it really hits you isn't it.

Hello all, 

For now, I'm off to bed.

Hope ur ok Dolly, stressful day....

Archived