IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

Just now, Owl Visiting said:

Settling for Talksport tonight, getting to prefer it actually than the dodgy streams that cut in and out. Wouldn't be able to see the screen anyway with all the tears in my eyes after today's performance. 

Hope you're all well.

At least you got to enjoy an injury time goal too!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Is AJ on after this Chisora bout?

Yes he is.

18 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Settling for Talksport tonight, getting to prefer it actually than the dodgy streams that cut in and out. Wouldn't be able to see the screen anyway with all the tears in my eyes after today's performance. 

Hope you're all well.

Hope you're good other then the football too mate!

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Listened to an AJ interview with Alastair Campbell and Rory Stewart in the week out of curiosity as seemed a completely bizarre meeting of minds. Would recommend it if you can stand those two for an hour. Probably the biggest insight into AJ as a bloke I’ve heard. They end up asking questions most boxing media folk wouldn’t. Seems thoroughly decent, injects basically the majority of his wealth into underprivileged communities and people. That won’t make headlines in the same way some of his mistakes do. Always seemed like Fury can get away with murder but AJ can’t put a foot wrong or he is scrutinised beyond sanity.

Booing last night in round 3 (3 ffs) was case in point. Understand it historically as AJ was always seen as the commercial industry man and Fury the man of the people but in reality it’s the other way around. Really want him to get a proper legacy defining win and Wilder would be that. Closer fight than people think, don’t forget some of the C-class fighters Wilder has lost rounds to in the past. Just maybe if AJ can get on top for a couple of rounds he won’t let Wilder off the hook. Here’s hoping.

Edited by BUTOR
  • Like 2

On 13/08/2023 at 12:26, BUTOR said:

Listened to an AJ interview with Alastair Campbell and Rory Stewart in the week out of curiosity as seemed a completely bizarre meeting of minds. Would recommend it if you can stand those two for an hour. Probably the biggest insight into AJ as a bloke I’ve heard. They end up asking questions most boxing media folk wouldn’t. Seems thoroughly decent, injects basically the majority of his wealth into underprivileged communities and people. That won’t make headlines in the same way some of his mistakes do. Always seemed like Fury can get away with murder but AJ can’t put a foot wrong or he is scrutinised beyond sanity.

Booing last night in round 3 (3 ffs) was case in point. Understand it historically as AJ was always seen as the commercial industry man and Fury the man of the people but in reality it’s the other way around. Really want him to get a proper legacy defining win and Wilder would be that. Closer fight than people think, don’t forget some of the C-class fighters Wilder has lost rounds to in the past. Just maybe if AJ can get on top for a couple of rounds he won’t let Wilder off the hook. Here’s hoping.

Good listen. AJ summed it up nicely on whether the Fury fight will happen "I don't know. He's WBC champion but he's spent this year chasing a fight with an MMA guy". 

• Like 1

I think thats exactly what AJ needed.

Like when a striker scores a goal - that knockout should give AJ the belief again. In his power.

Hoping we see a better AJ. Still think Wilder is the favourite - but if AJ is in a confident mood, we have a very good fight on our hands

As for Chisora - the guy badly needs to retire. Too many punches taken. He's gonna end up very punch drunk

3 hours ago, Riaz said:

I think thats exactly what AJ needed.

Like when a striker scores a goal - that knockout should give AJ the belief again. In his power.

Hoping we see a better AJ. Still think Wilder is the favourite - but if AJ is in a confident mood, we have a very good fight on our hands

As for Chisora - the guy badly needs to retire. Too many punches taken. He's gonna end up very punch drunk

I don't think AJ lacks belief in his own power

I think he has no belief in his own chin