IGNORED

Sports bar open on Saturday!

Dollymarie

Just had confirmation from Mark Kelly that the sports bar will be open to all on Saturday, and for every home game going forward.

He also sent me this article with a heads up for anyone wishing to watch that funny shaped ball World Cup 

http://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/watch-the-rugby-world-cup-in-style-in-bristol/

Responses from Mark to questions

Hi Marie

Just a further update that the Dolman will have draught on Saturday and the market street concessions will be coming very soon

Yes to draught in Sports Bar

There will be a limited menu for the moment whilst we open but recommend booking: the email address is on the link I sent 

We are also limited to 400 in the bar so I recommend for the first few games getting in early to avoid being turned away 

Going forward we will look to play a selection of away games that are not live and will play all away televised games 

Kind regards

Mark

I remember once going to Newcastles St James park with  a friend. Newcastle were at home and We didn't have tickets but went into Shearers bar. They had big screens etc and would show the game live. There was hundreds of fans in there. Some couldn't get tickets and some couldnt afford tickets but this gave them a chance to watch the game in the stadium and still feel apart of it whilst putting money into the club by beer and food sales.

Would be really good if we could do this for our home games in the sports bar.

Hi Marie

Just a further update that the Dolman will have draught on Saturday and the market street concessions will be coming very soon

There will be a limited menu for the moment whilst we open but recommend booking: the email address is on the link I sent 

We are also limited to 400 in the bar so I recommend for the first few games getting in early to avoid being turned away 

Going forward we will look to play a selection of away games that are not live and will play all away televised games 

Kind regards

Mark

Sounds great.

But what about the screens in the South Stand?

Just had confirmation from Mark Kelly that the sports bar will be open to all on Saturday, and for every home game going forward.

He also sent me this article with a heads up for anyone wishing to watch that funny shaped ball World Cup 

http://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/watch-the-rugby-world-cup-in-style-in-bristol/

all they gotta do now is open up a  ticket office to sale away tickets 

Do any one know how to access the sports bar on match day, will you have to go in to the ground and then access it from the South Stand concours, or is it just a case of entering the bar regardless of having a match day ticket. Will it be open at half time and after the match?

Do any one know how to access the sports bar on match day, will you have to go in to the ground and then access it from the South Stand concours, or is it just a case of entering the bar regardless of having a match day ticket. Will it be open at half time and after the match?

Somebody said on a previous thread that you can only access the Sports Bar from outside the stadium before/during the game but access will be available from the concourse after the match has finished

Somebody said on a previous thread that you can only access the Sports Bar from outside the stadium before/during the game but access will be available from the concourse after the match has finished

Is the right answer. You can't get into the sports bar from the concourse until after the final whistle has blown. You have to get into it via the Winterstoke Road entrance. 

Hi Marie

Kind regards

Mark

trust you pointed Mark in the direction of the 'down market street' thread, with suggestions a plenty it's sure to give him an insight in to the catering desires of the modern football fan.

#DMS

Archived