IGNORED

Sports bar open on Saturday!

Dollymarie

Will the sports bar be showing any of the midday games on a saturday? Do they have skysports and btsports?

there is a list of the matches they are showing on twitter, which links to the OS, but I've looked there and can't see it. But they are showing Chelsea v Arsenal at 12.45. Glos v Surrey Cricket before that, Ireland  v Canada 2.30, man c v wham 5.30 and finally France v Italy 

there is a list of the matches they are showing on twitter, which links to the OS, but I've looked there and can't see it. But they are showing Chelsea v Arsenal at 12.45. Glos v Surrey Cricket before that, Ireland  v Canada 2.30, man c v wham 5.30 and finally France v Italy 

Thanks

Doesn't say does it 

On Saturday City fans will be able to access the Sports Bar & Grill from midday, on a first-come, first-served basis. 
Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/sports-bar-grill-opening-2694990.aspx#jUrMwT2pl9ZmFV7V.99

i thought there was a limit of 300, then a one in one out system mentioned somewhere. I guess if 300 cricket fans turn up and take root first thing everyone else is locked out ( think you can book tables or booths something) so I guess those will be honoured?

@Dollymarie not sure if you know, but how does the capacity affect those coming with membership cards from supporters trust / club? 

Are they in a separate area? 

They're in the mezzanine level upstairs, I'm not sure about if it affects capacity though sorry.

We've not been in there on a match day when its open to all to see how things will be once they're up and running.

Also, there were many seats available upstairs all pre game, do the trust really need the whole of the mezzanine floor? 

half of it is for the SC&T the other half is players wives/girlfriends and family. That half didn't fill up until later. 

We can't use their bit and vice versa

half of it is for the SC&T the other half is players wives/girlfriends and family. That half didn't fill up until later. 

We can't use their bit and vice versa

At least us low lifers can gaze enviously upon the beautiful chosen ones when we go upstairs for a piss!

how many members are in the supporters trust?

I don't know exactly, and it's the supporters club and trust since we merged a couple of years back. @Blagdon red would be able to help with numbers. 

As as I said though, the bar space isn't a new thing, just a more visible one now it's on the mezzanine level. 

Anyone who wishes to join the supporters club and trust and gain access to the mezzanine level (capacity restrictions apply on a match day) then they can do so. It's not a closed shop  

It's not nearly half the bar. We have half of the upstairs area, we share it with the players families. We are allowed a maximum of 70 people up in the SC&T area which is a hell of a lot less than downstairs. The players families have a space than can seat 50. They get food and drink delivered to them. SC&T members go downstairs in case anyone wonders about that.

Its a much smaller area than we had over in the bar above the Dolman for several years. It's just a more visible area now as the only way you could see the old SC&T bar was if you actually went up the stairs to access it. 

If anybody wants to join them they can via the link at the top of the main forum page, but as I said, numbers are restricted by the club due to us only having about half the upstairs area, and so its first come first served. 

Not sure why sc/ trust need there own space? I've heard many people moan about corporate areas taking over down the gate and to me the area upstairs looked very corporate!! Maybe it didn't mean to feel decisive but it was. To say we used to have one in the dolman is a kop out. The showpiece area of the new south stand shouldn't be split or made to feel divisive. Understand players wife's etc will only be here for this season will this be the permanent base for the sc and trust??

on plus side thought bar was excellent screen etc, beers.

Archived