IGNORED

JET

GrahamC

Sorry, but that makes no sense. 

We have the worst goals against tally of any of the 92 teams in the English football league. Do you really think that having Matt Smith and JET would have changed this? 

We have scored more goals than two top half teams and are only just behind several other teams in the top half on goals scored. 

Our inability to keep the ball out of our own net is what has cost us points, not a lack of goals scored. 

Kodjia has scored half of our goals, and for us to be in a 'very good' position we would have had to have scored a fair few more than we've conceded. So take out Kodjia's goals and JET  and Smith would need to have scored about 20 between them at this stage to have us in a very good position (and we'd still have the worst goals against tally of any team in the .... )

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/lets-put-teams-to-bed-cotterill-2719458.aspx

I can only agree up to a point. Our inability to convert chances, ironically Codger is the most wasteful but by no means the the only one, when we are dominating possession keeps the opposition in it and they are well aware that 1 (or two) goal could be enough.

While conceding goals is our biggest problem it happens usually after we have missed up to three presentable chances. The outcomes of Attack and defence are not mutually exclusive. If teams are chasing games it makes them easier to defend and frustrate...  

A lot of posts on here say 'fact' - fair play if you know for certain, but what was JET asking for in wages if you know 'the fact is he didn't stay because we couldn't afford the wages he wanted'?

Or if you don't know what he wanted,  how do you know we couldn't afford it?

Not having a go mate, just interested in how people on here source their 'facts'

I was told by one of the matchday staff who i used to work with that JET was on £14k a week and was after £22k this season  if that it true or not i cannot say but the fact is that i was told this by someone who may know and has no reason to lie about it. If you want to beieve it, that is up to you i'am only passing on what some people on this forum may want to know .

I was told by one of the matchday staff who i used to work with that JET was on £14k a week and was after £22k this season  if that it true or not i cannot say but the fact is that i was told this by someone who may know and has no reason to lie about it. If you want to beieve it, that is up to you i'am only passing on what some people on this forum may want to know .

The first part is probably about right, although I believe we were paying half and Ipswich the other half for the duration of the 2 year contract.

Your original comment....For people to say i would have kept him is nonsense as that wasn't possible. The fact is that JET didnt stay because we couldn't afford the wages he wanted so he decided to leave for pastures new.....

The fact is you were told something by a person who happened to be in the vicinity of the club on occasion. Like most on here I suspect!

The only thing we can know for sure is SC went on record in the media as saying he could not offer him regular first team football, and at this point in his career that was what he needed, that is in fact a fact! 

Also a fact. JET is not getting first team football at QPR and could not have forecast that QPR were going to buy all and sundry and not offload Charlie Adam....Still I reckon there will be a point where not making the subs bench is going to piss him off enough despite the parachute wages he is earning to ask for a transfer or loan. We shall see on that one!

Also a fact. JET is not getting first team football at QPR and could not have forecast that QPR were going to buy all and sundry and not offload Charlie Adam....Still I reckon there will be a point where not making the subs bench is going to piss him off enough despite the parachute wages he is earning to ask for a transfer or loan. We shall see on that one!

Charlie Adam?  Oh Charlie Austin

Fair play mate, thanks for giving more info.

I suppose it could be argued that earning £22k a week in London is pretty much the same as £14k a week in Bristol with cost of living, London prices etc taken into account.

I don't think JET makes this team better but do think another striker would have. Many of our goals have been from the counter attack where if we had more ideas and class, may not have conceded. No guarantee but a goal in two of those 7 where we have conceded 2+ may have swayed the game. All speculation of course. 

A class striker and center mid for this level would've done wonders. There are still probably options out there to improve us. It's whether we are going to be willing to spend a bit more than we had planned. Don't need to spend to stay up. We have the talent but I'd rather pay an extra 15-25k for two proven players to help us get safe faster. 

Back to JET, he was quality. Was never going to have that pressing mentality but you don't get as good as he is being lazy. His style may seem that way and it may drive some managers crazy but he is a talent. Talented enough for the championship but do his attributes make him a regular player? Don't think so. Think he was in his ideal role here(maybe come on a bit too late for us in matches though). 20-30 minute cameos when we needed a spark. It was 50/50 whether he would effect the match for us or not but he was a useful option who had the ability to change a loss into a draw or a draw into a win. If it was down to high wages I am in agreement he should be gone but if it wasn't then think we made a mistake. 

Fair play mate, thanks for giving more info.

I suppose it could be argued that earning £22k a week in London is pretty much the same as £14k a week in Bristol with cost of living, London prices etc taken into account.

London isn't 384k a year more expensive than Bristol to live in. FACT!

London isn't 384k a year more expensive than Bristol to live in. FACT!

Surely that depends on what you spend your money on? That's only just shy of £7500 a week, or call it a bag of sand a day. I bet it's relatively pimps for a lazy-arsed so-called footballer to get rid of that kind of wallop up in the smoke.  

Surely that depends on what you spend your money on? That's only just shy of £7500 a week, or call it a bag of sand a day. I bet it's relatively pimps for a lazy-arsed so-called footballer to get rid of that kind of wallop up in the smoke.  

Quit your jibber-jabber you jive talkin' turkey.

Ain't no way that JET is going to pimps out his dollar. 

Archived