IGNORED

JET

GrahamC

Really pointless signing by QPR and sadly pointless for JET too. Wasted there when he should be playing for us.

I imagine both parties were fully expecting Charlie Austin to have been sold. I think he may still have a role to play there. 

What with their start and his laboured attitude, and being a newbie, perhaps it's a conscious decision in the short term. 

Back in London, well paid contract and a music scene....what more would the lad want? ;-)

Think you've hit the nail on the head.  I wonder how many of us (knowing nothing of JET's real character) thought his lack of game time last season would lead to disharmony in the camp?  I did.

Yet, he almost appeared happier on the bench, coming on for the odd cameo appearance.

Not hugely surprised he hasn't had more game time though at QPR.

Think you've hit the nail on the head.  I wonder how many of us (knowing nothing of JET's real character) thought his lack of game time last season would lead to disharmony in the camp?  I did.

Yet, he almost appeared happier on the bench, coming on for the odd cameo appearance.

Not hugely surprised he hasn't had more game time though at QPR.

I get the impression he is side tracked by other interests over football. It happens though. Pro footballers get a lot of time off. Some get interested in stuff outside of football and it starts to consume their lives. They actually look forward to participating in those interests over football. It has in the past taken their eye off their 'job'. And for many...that's just how they see it...a 'job'. Some have lost that passion for the game. I know ex footballers who have told me, that they started to hate the game when playing....and all they looked forward to and thought about, was in these instances, their next round of golf or trip to see their race horse.

Not saying that's the case with JET... as I don't know him....but it wouldn't surprise me.

I get the impression he is side tracked by other interests over football. It happens though. Pro footballers get a lot of time off. Some get interested in stuff outside of football and it starts to consume their lives. They actually look forward to participating in those interests over football. It has in the past taken their eye off their 'job'. And for many...that's just how they see it...a 'job'. Some have lost that passion for the game. I know ex footballers who have told me, that they started to hate the game when playing....and all they looked forward to and thought about, was in these instances, their next round of golf or trip to see their race horse.

Not saying that's the case with JET... as I don't know him....but it wouldn't surprise me.

"Truly I tell you," Jet answered, "this very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times."

Let's face it, if he did have the focus and attitude to match his talent then he wouldn't have spent the last 2 years in League 1.

Liked him a lot while he was here but he's gone, and certain people need to get over it. 

I've tried hard, really I have but then RedRum has to go and mention the prospect of Jet reading one of Kodjia's runs and I'm in bits again.

Doesn't even make the bench for QPR tonight, so far this season he's played just 33 minutes of league football.

That 3 year contract is going to pretty expensive for them if they never play him..

Another example of the circus that is QPR.  Even with parachute payments they waste so much money its unbelievable. 

I'm assuming JET is on at least 10k a week, the fact that he can't even make the bench is beyond farcical.

Hope they have a crap season.

"Truly I tell you," Jet answered, "this very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times."

haha...I never saw him as the 'Messiah' though fella ;-)

What I don't understand is why certain people think that we 'let him go'. Has no one ever considered that he wanted to go?

If Jet was playing in a team with JK...we'd score 4 but concede 8.

haha...I never saw him as the 'Messiah' though fella ;-)

Third time

What I don't understand is why certain people think that we 'let him go'. Has no one ever considered that he wanted to go?

Don't spoil it for me

If Jet was playing in a team with JK...we'd score 4 but concede 8.

No change there then

I think he would have filled in nicely for Freeman in his absence - we would have missed those fantastic performances from Reid and by now I think he would be assuming the same position he is in at QPR.

For him QPR represent a team with a better opportunity to get to the prem and a club willing to give him more money - so bench here or bench there.

This maybe dull but we need to focus on defending - going forward is not our problem.

I enjoyed watching JET but he will always be a player who performs when he fancies it. He never fit into Cotts philosophy, we have a team full of workers and JET was always the stand out player for NOT working hard.

Personally think getting rid of him was a great decision and I stand by that. The bloke was on around 12k and has been found out by clubs at this level time and time again. Unless he changed his attitude he will always be known as a waste of talent.

I think he would have filled in nicely for Freeman in his absence - we would have missed those fantastic performances from Reid and by now I think he would be assuming the same position he is in at QPR.

Completely agree, Reid was a revelation when he played.

I liked JET a lot but don't think he is what we need now.

His attitude has never been in question, its always been spot on.

His application may leave a bit to be desired but that is common with a lot of gifted footballers like him and its no good trying to harness players like that and shoe horn them into being something they are not - Trundle was a perfect example of that under GJ. A total waste of his talent being at BCFC.

I'd have JET back 100%, it was a shame he left and a shame people (both supporters and those in the game) are still stuck with the British mentality of how football should be played. We'll never win anything with that mentality.

His attitude surely had a hell of an effect on his application to a fitness regime that made him virtually unavailable until December last season. Great player, with the ability to take your breath away in very short spurts. Not the sort of player to get us out of the championship, where he has previously failed. Whether he wanted to stay or not, leaving was the best option for both parties.

Archived