IGNORED

JET

GrahamC

On a slightly different thread, how do QPR continue to survive? They Hoover up players, their net debt is large. Surely must be close to breaching financial fair play rules? 

My guess would be that they simply don't care about FFP and doubt its enforceability if they were to receive a fine anyway.

Leading back into the tread, if someone like JET was to play in Spain, he would fit in so well, he has bundles of skill and technique. You watch Barca for example sometimes when they attack it's at a canter, walking pace but they rip through teams with knowledge of the game and being clever. (Not suggesting JET should go to Barca) They don't need a battering ram up front to bruise players or bully them. Granted it helps when you have talent like they do. I feel for JET and he was good for the club but as I've said before. Every team has a style and way of playing and unfortunately JET didn't fit ours. Would he have fit this year? No. 

For that reason I believe it was a good decision to sell him. Opened up around 10/15k worth of wages and gave the bloke a chance to move on.

Kodjia is not a bad replacement for JET . Plenty of skill but also a runner.

I hope that he can continue his development then the other fella won't be missed !

Kodjia is not a bad replacement for JET . Plenty of skill but also a runner.

I hope that he can continue his development then the other fella won't be missed !

I was wary of Kodjia after doing my research and watching him for a few games, I was worried we'd bought a runner (runs and runs but lack of quality when it matters) 

However I have watched him and he is growing into a player that could potentially be something special. His movement is class and at times to good for any of our creative players. Also he is beginning to look like a finisher the two against Birmingham being great goals. The more he adapts the better he will be and the more goals he will score. 

However

In my opinion i feel he needs a new strike partner, now I am not a fan of wilbs at all for reasons I've expressed but when it comes to Kodjia, Wilbs quite often kills Kodjs space and on a couple of occasions including Preston Kodj is beginning to show his frustration at this happening. I'd love to see Kodjia play up to with Agard or even Bobby who looked class playing just off the front man in pre season. 

Now I know this site is very pro Wilbs but I see it differently.

I will keep my council on that statement and let others judge.

No need to have 'Judgement' fella...that's how I see it. Others may, or may not. That's the joys of football.

Club and coach partied company. Perhaps they will find a 'treatment' they are more agreeable with, an alternative remedy that works for all parties.

My last word on the JET issue.

As long as we have myopic supporters (not just City) who can't see past the headless chicken approach and, much more importantly, if we have professional people in the game who can't see further than work rate and application, we will never win anything at national level. We are light years behind more enlightened countries both as supporters and the professionals in the game. Its improved since the 70's and 80's when we struggled to reach the final of tournaments, but we are embarrassed once we get to the finals.

The amount of times I've seen our "international" players slide in to a tackle when not necessary and see the crowd applaud the players "application" is staggering - brain dead both at player and supporter level. 

This country will never accept players like Trundle and JET, it never has done.

The saying "work smart not hard" can be equally applied to football - but thats alien to the British, as a nation we are pretty dumb in that respect.

Totally agree, the (relatively) paltry number of caps won by Hoddle and Le Tissier shows how far back England's attitude to truly talented players goes.

Cliche time but both would have won 150 caps each if they were Brazilian....

I was wary of Kodjia after doing my research and watching him for a few games, I was worried we'd bought a runner (runs and runs but lack of quality when it matters) 

However I have watched him and he is growing into a player that could potentially be something special. His movement is class and at times to good for any of our creative players. Also he is beginning to look like a finisher the two against Birmingham being great goals. The more he adapts the better he will be and the more goals he will score. 

However

In my opinion i feel he needs a new strike partner, now I am not a fan of wilbs at all for reasons I've expressed but when it comes to Kodjia, Wilbs quite often kills Kodjs space and on a couple of occasions including Preston Kodj is beginning to show his frustration at this happening. I'd love to see Kodjia play up to with Agard or even Bobby who looked class playing just off the front man in pre season. 

Now I know this site is very pro Wilbs but I see it differently.

Kodjia up front with Agard is what a lot of people want to see, I'd love for even the final 10 mins today for that to happen, I'm sure it could work.

Reid, although has been fantastic, wouldn't work just behind Kodjia. We need someone who can score and unfortunately Reid can't shoot for toffee. 

I wouldnt say this site is pro Wilbs, a lot of people have recently wanted others starting in his place. I'd like to see Kodjia upfront with a natural finisher who can also pick out Kodjia's runs. I honestly think Kermagot would be terrific for him in many ways, and would love to see him join in January. 

Kodjia up front with Agard is what a lot of people want to see, I'd love for even the final 10 mins today for that to happen, I'm sure it could work.

Reid, although has been fantastic, wouldn't work just behind Kodjia. We need someone who can score and unfortunately Reid can't shoot for toffee. 

I wouldnt say this site is pro Wilbs, a lot of people have recently wanted others starting in his place. I'd like to see Kodjia upfront with a natural finisher who can also pick out Kodjia's runs. I honestly think Kermagot would be terrific for him in many ways, and would love to see him join in January. 

Do you mean Yann Kermorgant?

He signed a contract extension to 2017 with the Cherries recently so can't really see him coming here...

Think we most likely got the best of him last year; filled in very well when others were out of the picture, & some cracking cameos.

Wouldn't solve the problem with this team, which is concealing silly goals, & wish him well at QPR, regardless if he starts for them or even makes the team.

Leading back into the tread, if someone like JET was to play in Spain, he would fit in so well, he has bundles of skill and technique. You watch Barca for example sometimes when they attack it's at a canter, walking pace but they rip through teams with knowledge of the game and being clever. (Not suggesting JET should go to Barca) They don't need a battering ram up front to bruise players or bully them. Granted it helps when you have talent like they do. I feel for JET and he was good for the club but as I've said before. Every team has a style and way of playing and unfortunately JET didn't fit ours. Would he have fit this year? No. 

For that reason I believe it was a good decision to sell him. Opened up around 10/15k worth of wages and gave the bloke a chance to move on.

Jet doesn't have the talent to play any higher than championship and even then I don't think he'll shine at this level! 

SC didn't want JET. He hardly played him despite forming a great partnership with Matt Smith.

The bloke is wasted at QPR and if I were manager I wold have him here in a heartbeat...However I'm not and that's probably a good thing!

QPR suits Jet just fine. He's back in London doing all hs London stuff I expect, and he doesn't have to worry about a game of football getting in the way, until now maybe. 

No, I wouldn't want Jet back here on loan, his time here is done. At times we didn't seem to have him committed fully to us when he was our player. Is bringing him back from London from his parent club going to improve that commitment, it's a no from me.

Maybe there were faults on both sides, and I don't doubt he has talent, but no manager has really been able to tap into that with any real consistency so far.

He has followed the same routine in every club that has employed him. His application is that of a Sunday pub team footballer. Brilliant but totally wasted. The worshippers will never see past the limited impacts he has, when given a chance in the first team. However, he has historically eventually lost his place due to his own shortcomings in application. Spudski probably got it right when he said that he probably has far more interest in things outside of football. His "job" just allows him to follow his other interests.

Don't care, we're not going to win the Premier in my lifetime and at the moment we're bottom of the Chamionship.  Let's at least be stylish, I think that JET is the player we need to read Kodjia's runs, he might actually be able to read the game to spot them.

QPR suits Jet just fine. He's back in London doing all hs London stuff I expect, and he doesn't have to worry about a game of football getting in the way, until now maybe. 

No, I wouldn't want Jet back here on loan, his time here is done. At times we didn't seem to have him committed fully to us when he was our player. Is bringing him back from London from his parent club going to improve that commitment, it's a no from me.

Maybe there were faults on both sides, and I don't doubt he has talent, but no manager has really been able to tap into that with any real consistency so far.

M I simply don't agree. The boy saved us from being cut adrift under SOD to the point that a meeting with SOD produced the Question, where would be without JET and the answer came out of the audience f ucked....You may have been there!?

SC dosn't/didn't fancy him , but when we had no strikers and SC had to play him with Matt Smith he/they did brilliantly and kept us moving, just to be dropped the moment Agard/Wilbo were fit. The boy wanted to stay and was simply not offered a contract, with SC on record as saying I could not offer him first team football when he needs it....Consequently QPR made him a big offer and now he is sitting on his ass and we are bottom of the league...

London stuff, I know nothing of, however I dont see any headlines....Yes hs style is languid, but he never let us down and scored and provided assists at our lowest ebb and when we were chasing promotion. 

The boy is not here because SC did not want him for what ever reason (maybe a good one, who knows!), but I would have JET and Codger all day over what we are playing now.

Don't care, we're not going to win the Premier in my lifetime and at the moment we're bottom of the Chamionship.  Let's at least be stylish, I think that JET is the player we need to read Kodjia's runs, he might actually be able to read the game to spot them.

This is something I have been musing over. I haven't been able to go yet this season but have seen numerous people say that Kodjia makes runs that other players just don't spot, whereas when JET was here there would be a few times per game- even his quiet games- where he would make a pass that no one had the anticipation to spot. JET and Kodjia in a team together I think would go one of 2 ways, either an absolute disaster, or a dream combination from a sheerly attacking point of view.

Bet JET is rubbing his hands together, surely he will get on the bench at QPR now??
http://www.skysports.com/share/10010098

Before someone comments, I'm over JET (Kodjia is all the striker I need) just thought will be interesting to see what happens

If he's going to warm the bench it may as well be a comfortable one. Am not sure how happy he'd have been with one of those 'chairs' on offer at Ashton gate these days.

Jet would not be good enough. Far too inconsistent and doesn't work hard, at all. Can't be having a luxury like him when we're battling at the bottom. Brilliant against lower half league 1 teams, but we need better than him.

Archived