IGNORED

Cole Skuse

BCFC Jimmer

Skuse quote from today -

“I’m really looking forward to it. I was there for a total of 17 years and Bristol City are my club, although a lot has changed in the short period since I left and I don’t know that many of the current squad or the staff.

“They were the team I supported as a boy so it’s going to be strange for me. I still look out for their result every time they play – in my book your team’s always your team.

“When I’m retired they will still be my team but business is business and they will be looking to come to our patch and upset us while we’ll be doing our utmost to get all three points."

“I was and still am a big City fan. In my early days I remember my dad queuing up for tickets and I was in among the fans at Wembley last year for the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy final."

“When I was a kid I had the kit, went to all the home games and a few away games on the supporters’ buses."

The club should be proud for producing such a grounded and decent quality Championship midfielder.  Its just a shame the timing was wrong as it would have been nice to still have him around.

How many times do some of the posters on here have to tell you that he's not good enough for the Championship

That is possibly the most moronic sentence I have read on this forum.

To know how highly rated Skuse is you would have to know something about football, be well connected in the sport, or regularly attend Ipswich Town games.  I assume you don't, so do us all a favour and stay out of a thread that was designed to honour him.

Idiot.

To know how highly rated Skuse is you would have to know something about football, be well connected in the sport, or regularly attend Ipswich Town games.  I assume you don't, so do us all a favour and stay out of a thread that was designed to honour him.

Idiot.

Haha, I think you've missed his intended irony..

Very much the "steady eddie" type that fans never appreciate. He never seemed to fall in and out of form, just maintained a good level throughout his career. I am interested to hear that he is a football fan, I get the impression that lots of players aren't, maybe it's a bit of a busman's holiday for them. I am sure he will be on the terraces in the future.

I am from Frampton Cotterell and so he'll always be a dirty stinking Yatehead in my opinion. ;) 

Ya tay and Sodders always have a bit of banter...thought your gripes were only with the other 6 finger types from Iron Acton and Coalpit Heath? ;-)

Idiot.

I think he was being ironic fella ;-)

Idiot.

Whooooosh!

Idiot.

Whooosh! I believe is the usual response.

Ya tay and Sodders always have a bit of banter...thought your gripes were only with the other 6 finger types from Iron Acton and Coalpit Heath? ;-)

Coalpit Heath is the same place as Frampton really and Iron Acton is too small to care about. Some good banter with Winterbourne but mostly friendly.

Sodders used to have some decent pubs so we didn't mind them but Yate had nothing going for it.

Idiot.

Collis, you've had a nightmare there mate :thumbsup:

Totally agree with your OP...I suspect Bar BS3 does as well.

No no no. How many times do some of the posters on here have to tell you that he's not good enough for the Championship and only got in our team because he was a Bristol boy. 

"Good riddance" was a sentiment I read on here from many. 

Don't think we need to go through all that again.

He'd completely stagnated at AG to the extent of going backwards and the parting of the ways was in the best interests of all parties.

He needed a new career challenge and City were desperate for a fresh, invigorated midfield, so no regrets on either side I'd imagine.

One of my favourite city players I've watched in my 11 seasons as a ST holder. Would somehow popped up with a crunching goal saving challenge out of nowhere and scored a couple of amazing ones. Loved Skuse to bits and I'm in disbelief as to how some people never rated him.

Coalpit Heath is the same place as Frampton really and Iron Acton is too small to care about. Some good banter with Winterbourne but mostly friendly.

Sodders used to have some decent pubs so we didn't mind them but Yate had nothing going for it.

Get to the Horseshoe in Sodders ;-)

No?! What happened?

I did not detect any irony in his post. Correct me if I am wrong though Bar BS3.

It would appear BS3's post wasn't of his opinion, it was the general consensus on otib when Cole left.

In other words, more of a general statement . 

That's how most have interpreted it anyways.

It would appear BS3's post wasn't of his opinion, it was the general consensus on otib when Cole left.

In other words, more of a general statement . 

That's how most have interpreted it anyways.

OK - I think I was on a hiatus from OTIB when he left so I wouldn't know!

I have kept close tabs on him through some 'contacts' of mine :P On the whole, Ipswich coaching setup and fans rate him big time.  There is a minority of Town fans that don't like him, similar to when he was here I guess (we all know who those kind of people are).

Cole was a good servant to the club but I certainly lost no sleep when he left. Happy he's done well but I don't think he'd have made much difference over the period of time he's left. Nice chap but wouldn't really improve the team.

Was gutted when Brett inevitably left though. Criminally underused by McInnes (and Millen to an extent, should have kept the Stead/Pitman partnership instead of catering to Micky). Sure he's bound to score on Saturday.

Archived